Mid Valley or PJ

smgdc

Yup, a lot of middle eastern ppl there...but there are a lot less since mid-last year. Some businesses catering to them are either doing very badly or closed. 

Some years back when I stayed at Awana Genting, saw some staff super attentive to the Arab guests. Seems they stay a few months at a stretch, especially during their super hot summer periods. They are known to be extremely generous with their tips and RM50 is the minimum amount. No wonder the staff were fawning over them

↡ Advertisement

Some years back when I stayed at Awana Genting, saw some staff super attentive to the Arab guests. Seems they stay a few months at a stretch, especially during their super hot summer periods. They are known to be extremely generous with their tips and RM50 is the minimum amount. No wonder the staff were fawning over them

Yup, most of them do that. Will book the room for month, leave their stuff there and go for short trips in the region before heading back to KL. But there are fewer of such family's there now. Now you will see mostly the younger couples, usually there for honeymoon and stay for a few days instead of months.
  • Praise 1

Turbocharged

Can try the curve aso. Got royal chulan n royal bintang. 5 stars n 4 stars resectively. If stay at royal bintang..very easy to get food. Ground floor hv soooo many restaurants until i cant decide wat i wanted to eat. Kidzania also nearny for those with kids.

• Praise 1

(edited)

For those not driving, One Utama is a good choice. First Coach has bus direct to One World. Coach does not stop at touristy Yong Peng, but some much quieter and cleaner stop. Has power points to recharge phone/tablet.

One World has shuttle buses plying Curve, KLCC, Sunway...

Lazy to go out, downstairs plenty of shops and eateries.

Complimentary high tea is also very generous with cakes and pastries.

Edited by Kangadrool

Cannot find little penang kafe

But at nyonya food beside money changer/din tai fung. Nice. Then tried ying ker lou also, not bad

They moved once. Not sure if address given is new or old. Its near to one of the drop off points. So many Sections in Mid Valley. Confused liao [grin] 

They moved once. Not sure if address given is new or old. Its near to one of the drop off points. So many Sections in Mid Valley. Confused liao [grin]

I found ald. Yeah tried hokkien mee nice. Diff from sg. Then also tried nasi lemak fish, also recommended to try. The rice very fragrant, the fish very good

Never stayed in One U area so no comments on accommodation.

Frequently stayed in MV area, if driving, I feel is better to stay at Cititel rather than gardens. Reason is because Cititel has its own carpark while Gardens being the more exp hotel have to use mall carpark.

Gardens on the other hand is not that good for a 5 star hotel (well they also charge cheaper compared to your typical 5-star chain so guess its fair)

Mall wise, can't go wrong with either.

Main reason why family prefers to stay in MV is more due to "secure feeling". Like as if you are on a hill area away from the "danger" in downtown KL. Just a matter of perception..

• Praise 1

Never stayed in One U area so no comments on accommodation.

Frequently stayed in MV area, if driving, I feel is better to stay at Cititel rather than gardens. Reason is because Cititel has its own carpark while Gardens being the more exp hotel have to use mall carpark.

Gardens on the other hand is not that good for a 5 star hotel (well they also charge cheaper compared to your typical 5-star chain so guess its fair)

Mall wise, can't go wrong with either.

Main reason why family prefers to stay in MV is more due to "secure feeling". Like as if you are on a hill area away from the "danger" in downtown KL. Just a matter of perception..

Cititel probably has better access to mall as its connected to mid valley not the garden mall.

Yah carpark wise sharig with mall but can park at zon u or i prefer the premier carpark. Pricing not cheap but room size decent. Can try the residence unit if u want more space.

MV has better accessibility than one utama if driving from sg. Direct exit from expressway. But carpark huge so can be confusing.

MV feeling more secured but heard alot pickpocket at the train station there. Just be more careful. Moreover recently got bomb threat on kl sentral and mid valley area.

Avoid that area friends...hope suvivors can be rescued early.

http://says.com/my/news/breaking-bridge-collapses-near-mid-valley-construction-workers-trapped-under-the-rubble

Bridge Collapses Near Mid Valley, At Least One Reported To Have Been Killed

A bridge that is still under construction has collapsed at approximately 3.30pm today near Mid Valley Megamall, Kuala Lumpur

• Praise 1

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1