Laser Shades for KIA K3

Jzachlee

Anyone bought this from the seller at Kim Chuan Terence?

Am thinking of getting it but wanna get some feedback on the quality of the shades. If you can share photos, would be much appreciated!

↡ Advertisement

May I know how much you got it for? 4 pcs or 5 pcs?

4 for $150, 5 for $220. I think it's pretty standard - saw the same prices at other retailers. I intended to get 4 but ended up with 5 instead....

So far quite satisfied with the shades. I parked at ECP under the hot sun for 3 hrs from 1pm - 4pm, together with those internal silver reflector to reflect light off the windscreen. When I got back to the car, inside was surprisingly not warm at all!

Shades are easy to "put on" as they are magnetic; windows are able to be wound up or down without affecting them.

Seems quite a few places start selling it as well...I got mine from AD when I buy the car, just now reading the threads , seems Groomers Lab also sell...u can call n compare px

4 for $150, 5 for $220. I think it's pretty standard - saw the same prices at other retailers. I intended to get 4 but ended up with 5 instead....

So far quite satisfied with the shades. I parked at ECP under the hot sun for 3 hrs from 1pm - 4pm, together with those internal silver reflector to reflect light off the windscreen. When I got back to the car, inside was surprisingly not warm at all!

Shades are easy to "put on" as they are magnetic; windows are able to be wound up or down without affecting them.

Thank you for the feedback!!

Just got mine today but for the 2016 K5.

Quality is quite good, fit can be better. Have no chance to try to leave the car under the sun. Will update next time.

update on day 1 of the laser shades.. parked under the hot sun... interior is noticable less hot... not sure if it's the shade or what but i think it helps...

the rear shade darkens the whole cabin a lot. driving in singapore is still ok but nees to pay attention to black cars at night, especially if the headlamp is not on.. fortunately it can be folded and kept.

(edited)

Just went down to HC Group (@ Kim Chuan Terrance) to get the shades. Share some photos...

jhdfQhn.jpg

xbZIQgo.jpg

0LVCFF7.jpg

Simple and quick installation. No hassle. Even comes with a bag/cover for the rear windscreen shade (in case I wish to take it out).

Will update in a bit how well they work. I park my car in the open from morning till 6pm at work.

Edited by Jzachlee

Just went down to HC Group (@ Kim Chuan Terrance) to get the shades. Share some photos...

jhdfQhn.jpg

xbZIQgo.jpg

0LVCFF7.jpg

Simple and quick installation. No hassle. Even comes with a bag/cover for the rear windscreen shade (in case I wish to take it out).

Will update in a bit how well they work. I park my car in the open from morning till 6pm at work.

How? Boleh?

Turbocharged
(edited)

The laser shades look like a must-buy item in our sunny Singapore.

Appreciate your reviews and inputs.

Edited by Albeniz

jhdfQhn.jpg

xbZIQgo.jpg

0LVCFF7.jpg

Better to use car cover if parking, than using these shades.. cover will protect against dust, rain and bird shit.. n also prevent UV & IR rays (heat) from getting into the car.. shades can only do so much in the open..

I use my shades mainly when driving to shield passengers side,,, rear windscreen is definitely a no no when driving..

Better to use car cover if parking, than using these shades.. cover will protect against dust, rain and bird shit.. n also prevent UV & IR rays (heat) from getting into the car.. shades can only do so much in the open..

I use my shades mainly when driving to shield passengers side,,, rear windscreen is definitely a no no when driving..

Use car cover Leh Cheh leh.. must open close. Later some Cek Ark person will feel that you're overly protective then purposely go scratch your "covered car" I also paranoid.

Shades more to protect internal leather and keep environment less hot ba.. not for protecting the car exterior.

Sometimes I like to admire the car (I don't drive everyday) ma. cover cant see.

Use car cover Leh Cheh leh.. must open close. Later some Cek Ark person will feel that you're overly protective then purposely go scratch your "covered car" I also paranoid.

Shades more to protect internal leather and keep environment less hot ba.. not for protecting the car exterior.

Sometimes I like to admire the car (I don't drive everyday) ma. cover cant see.

Ha-ha, I use it when I park in the open in my co compound, so no "danger" of chek ark people open n scratch..lol..but with practice, I can put on the cover in 3 mins..take off faster.. as with all clothing..ha-ha..

Think the leather will crack more due to heat buildup n uv rays, that'll dry the leather out.., ya, they haven't invented transparent uv blocking car cover yet..lol..

Rear screen is not too bad when driving in Sg. It's bright enough even at night, unless a black car who wants to save his battery life (there are tons of them in Sg) didn't turn on the headlamp.

So far, mine is permanently there. 

Rear screen is not too bad when driving in Sg. It's bright enough even at night, unless a black car who wants to save his battery life (there are tons of them in Sg) didn't turn on the headlamp.

So far, mine is permanently there.

Yah, I found it ok to have the rear windscreen shade there. Can still see quite well. Even if can't see the battery-saving black car, still have the two side mirrors to spot it. Roads are well lit in Singapore, and I don't drive up north so no problem. I would imagine it would be a problem if I drive up north at night where there are no street lamps.
↡ Advertisement