Baby dies while being bottle fed by father playing handphone

Jellandross

(edited)

As a father reading this, I'm heart broken and my blood is boiling at the same time. You don't realize how f**ked up some people can be until you read news like this.

BABY DIES WHILE BEING BOTTLE FED BY FATHER PLAYING WITH HANDPHONE
http://www.tnp.sg/news/singapore-news/baby-dies-while-being-bottle-fed-father-playing-handphone

A coroner's inquiry heard on Tuesday a three-month-old baby might have choked to death while being bottle-fed by her father who was distracted playing a football game on his handphone.

At about 10.20am on Oct 12 last year, Reyhana Qailah Mohamad Shiddiq was being fed by her father, Mr Mohamed Shiddiq Sazali, now 27.

The baby's mother, Madam Nurraishah Mahzan, now 31, had just left her Telok Blangah Crescent flat to report for a urine test at Clementi Police Division.

Alone with the baby, Mr Shiddiq was playing a football game on his mobile phone while feeding Reyhana with his left hand when she began struggling.

He was then seated on a bed and Reyhana was resting on his lap.

Investigation officer Tony Won testified Reyhana had started pushing the milk bottle away using her tongue.

Yet, her father continued to play the game and placed the milk bottle inside her mouth.

Reyhana cried and started kicking.

Mr Shiddiq continued playing without looking at his daughter.

Two minutes later, Reyhana went silent.

At about the same time, the baby's maternal grandfather returned from the market to find the baby pale and motionless.

Reyhana, who initially had a pulse, vomited milk when the older man performed cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR) on her.

CPR was subsequently performed on the unresponsive baby by her mother, a police officer and then a paramedic.

Reyhana died about an hour later in hospital.

Police do not suspect any foul play.

An autopsy found old injuries on her including fractures on her right ribs and skull.

A pathologist said the injuries would not have caused or contributed to her death.

While Reyhana's cause of death cannot be ascertained, the final cause of death report mentioned smothering or suffocation, and choking on milk may also be possible causes of death.
Edited by Jellandross
↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 8

Turbocharged

Oh dear... So sad... Feeding baby is a very important bonding time. I even stop watching Soccer match for that 20min just to feed my baby...

• Praise 6

Turbocharged
(edited)

3mth old got old injuries of rib and skull fractures?

heartless as it may sound, sometimes some pple are not suited to be parents and I pity their kids.

Edited by JohnSHL
  • Praise 11

3mth old got old injuries of rib and skull fractures?

heartless as it may sound, sometimes some pple are not suited to be parents and I pity their kids.

Can't say that about the mother because she wasn't the one feeding, because she need to go police station for urine test.

The father was the culprit, 27 now, meant 23 yrs old when it happened.

Some wasn't even ready to have that responsibility when 32yrs old.

The fractures were definite sign of lousy parenthood.

Supersonic

Can't say that about the mother because she wasn't the one feeding, because she need to go police station for urine test.

The father was the culprit, 27 now, meant 23 yrs old when it happened.

Some wasn't even ready to have that responsibility when 32yrs old.

The fractures were definite sign of lousy parenthood.

Why do you think she has to go for a urine test?

• Praise 1

3mth old got old injuries of rib and skull fractures?

I noted that too. So they must have dropped the poor newborn from a height soon after birth. Makes me shudder just imagining it.
  • Praise 1

Oh dear... So sad... Feeding baby is a very important bonding time. I even stop watching Soccer match for that 20min just to feed my baby...

My first month I didn't even watch any football match, including pool as well. During my boy first year 8 9nky managed to watch less than 3 pool matches the whole season. Catch up with the text update after everyone asleep.

Such irresponsible parent..sad and hurt.

• Praise 4

Turbocharged

I noted that too. So they must have dropped the poor newborn from a height soon after birth. Makes me shudder just imagining it.

part of me wants to say i'm glad the baby only suffered for 3 mths, rather than decades and decades...

*flame-proof suit on"

• Praise 2

Turbocharged

My first month I didn't even watch any football match, including pool as well. During my boy first year 8 9nky managed to watch less than 3 pool matches the whole season. Catch up with the text update after everyone asleep.

Such irresponsible parent..sad and hurt.

Yap. That's precisely the point.

Supersonic

Just imagine Pokemon Go is here.

How many innocent lives will be lost ?

Addiction to computer games can be a very dangerous thing.

• Praise 3

part of me wants to say i'm glad the baby only suffered for 3 mths, rather than decades and decades...

*flame-proof suit on"

I gotta say that I do not disagree. Sigh RIP....

As a father reading this, I'm heart broken and my blood is boiling at the same time. You don't realize how f**ked up some people can be until you read news like this.

A very very sad case ....

I would term it as irresponsible on the father's part ... Is playing game so important that you neglected the basic care of your bb?!

Now, he wil bear the burden of losing his child for the rest of his life ...

Hope he will learn from this and be a responsible father in future ....

↡ Advertisement