my CO signed up for drone trial at Metro Centerpoint last saturday

son and her tried

friendly staff (young boys coaching)

So bought a small size drone (no camera) $39+

for playing at home just for fun

jin noisy

battery dont last that long after full charge

↡ Advertisement

After a long wait, my new drone is here. [bounce2] Flew it over the weekend, super stable and love to fly it in sports mode. Faster and more maneuverable than the Phantom series. Takes very sharp and clear images. [thumbsup]  Did tried the active track function, it followed me running around the field. [laugh]  Also its obstacle avoidance capabilities, by hiding behind a tree. It did not proceed and fly into the tree. [nod]

attachicon.gifMavic Pro 001.jpg

attachicon.gifMavic Pro 002.jpg

Have you tried those racing drones before? You need to wear a goggle to fly

Yes.

But I have meniere's disease and it gives me vertigo. So I am unable to fly FPV. I also cant play FPV computer games like Doom or watch a 3D/imax movie.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/M%C3%A9ni%C3%A8re%27s_disease

You know what? If you have problems with those FPS games, then you have to play more. The more you play the longer you can last. After a while, you will get used to it. Then when the next game come along, you have to do it all over again  [:p]

You know what? If you have problems with those FPS games, then you have to play more. The more you play the longer you can last. After a while, you will get used to it. Then when the next game come along, you have to do it all over again  [:p]

Unfortunately, my illness doesnt work this way. The last time I had vertigo, last year, needed 4 days MC rest at home.

Same as some ppl telling if u have flu, go out and run and sweat it out. Some ended up dead, cardiac arrest. [dead]

(edited)

Unfortunately, my illness doesnt work this way. The last time I had vertigo, last year, needed 4 days MC rest at home.

Same as some ppl telling if u have flu, go out and run and sweat it out. Some ended up dead, cardiac arrest. [dead]

Seems like yours is really bad. Better not to play drone racing...

I thought flu is cover with blanket and sweat it out? Not run leh

Edited by Fireball0088

this is sooooo cool and not expensive !!  [thumbsup]  [thumbsup]

DJI's $500 Spark Drone Launches From Your Palm
BY ANGELA MOSCARITOLO
MAY 24, 2017 

Spark, DJI's smallest camera drone yet, can lift off from the palm of your hand and be controlled via hand gestures alone.

542955-dji-spark.jpg?thumb=y&width=810&h

Looking to elevate your Instagram game? DJI's new Spark is its smallest camera drone, weighing just 10.6 ounces, or less than a can of soda.

Don't let its small size fool you: Spark is pretty special. It can lift off from the palm of your hand and be controlled via hand gestures alone.

"Even if you've never flown a drone before, flying Spark is easy because the only remote controller you'll need is your hand," DJI wrote in a news release. When it takes off from your hand, it automatically enters Gesture mode, so you can send it flying, take a selfie, or call it back to your palm with simple hand movements. It can also be operated via a remote controller or mobile device.

542960-dji-spark.jpg?thumb=y&width=740&h

Spark's camera captures 12-megapixel photos and 1080p video. Besdies Gesture mode, the aircraft offers a QuickShot mode with four choices: Rocket, which sends Spark straight up in the air with the camera pointed down; Dronie, to make it fly up and away from you; Circle, to make it rotate around you; and Helix; which sends it spiraling away as it flies upward. Each QuickShot will create a 10-second video.

DJI SparkThere's also a Pano mode for horizontal or vertical panoramic shots and ShallowFocus mode, which keeps the subject of your photo sharp while softening the rest.

Spark is powered by a "high-energy density" LiPo battery and has a maximum flight time of up to 16 minutes.

"Controlling a camera drone with hand movements alone is a major step towards making aerial technology an intuitive part of everyone's daily life, from work and adventure to moments with friends and family," DJI's Senior Product Manager, Paul Pan, said in a statement. "Spark's revolutionary new interface lets you effortlessly extend your point of view to the air, making it easier than ever to capture and share the world from new perspectives."

Spark is available for pre-order now and slated to begin shipping in mid-June. It costs $499, and for that price you get the aircraft, a battery, a USB charger, and three pairs of propellers. It comes in five colors: alpine white, sky blue, meadow green, lava red, and sunrise yellow.

DJI is also selling a bundle that includes a Spark, two batteries, four propellers, a remote controller, propeller guards (which you're going to want when launching from or returning to your hand), a charging hub, shoulder bag, and all necessary cables for $699. DJI has not yet announced pricing for individual Spark accessories.

this is sooooo cool and not expensive !!  [thumbsup]  [thumbsup]

This Spark is marketed as a selfie drone. Therefore its a cut down in features compared to the Mavic Pro. Range and battery life is reduced.

There are cheaper $50 selfie drones out there which uses wifi to control with ur hp. Range is 50m or less only.

This Spark is marketed as a selfie drone. Therefore its a cut down in features compared to the Mavic Pro. Range and battery life is reduced.

There are cheaper $50 selfie drones out there which uses wifi to control with ur hp. Range is 50m or less only.

i bought aldy...bought the fly more combo

useful for training and selfies and other recording stuff indoors

actually you see the video demo, pretty impressive and i agree there are cheaper alternatives out there but the build quality looks impeccable.  Cf my Mavic, I believe this is a baby mavic and serves my needs well on top of my MavicPro

i guess the reliability of a brand cost more, rather have this than those that spoil in few days/weeks   [sweatdrop]  [sweatdrop]

why would you need one for indoor?   [sly]  [sly]

i guess the reliability of a brand cost more, rather have this than those that spoil in few days/weeks   [sweatdrop]  [sweatdrop]

why would you need one for indoor?   [sly]  [sly]

i sell you my mavic ai mai? hha

indoors...heh heh heh..folllow me function...to 

i sell you my mavic ai mai? hha

indoors...heh heh heh..folllow me function...to 

too big and too many restriction especially overseas, this small one can do simple filming and taking selfie good for travel, and their police won't notice   [laugh]

Same package as what I got.

I bought lots of accessories for it from Aliexpress. 

- Foam sturdy bag

- Height extension

- Sun shade

- tablet adapter

- controller sticks adapter

- Antenna range extender

- CPL lens filter

Go Aliexpress and search Mavic Pro to see all the accessories available.

Same package as what I got.

I bought lots of accessories for it from Aliexpress. 

- Foam sturdy bag

- Height extension

- Sun shade

- tablet adapter

- controller sticks adapter

- Antenna range extender

- CPL lens filter

Go Aliexpress and search Mavic Pro to see all the accessories available.

i got mavic pro aldy lah..bought 5 wks ago

accessories i got from Lazada and this Sparkie i bought flymore...

That is fast!!!

I saw that Spark at the HKIA. Was tempted to buy. But was wondering whether it would be blown away if there is a strong wind?

Do you have the link for $50 selfie drones? Maybe I want to get one to try out...

which Sparkie package did you buy? the one with three batteries? Where did you get it from?