Turbocharged

Must lah. How can spoil car interior?

Can always snowball leh....

since when did the shagger know all tehse too

Loose lips sink ships...

I been hearing the gossips

↡ Advertisement

Turbocharged

Imagine you are fetching a neighbor to work and this neighbor gives you a bar of chocolate. If you get into an accident, the injured neighbor is not covered by your private car insurance and he/she sues you.

This is because private car insurance excludes "hire and reward" usage. Carrying of passengers with payment in this case.

Anyone knows which insurer is willing to extend private car insurance to cover "hire and reward" ?

Buying commercial car insurance is out of the question because you are not running a business and the payment is low.

How often do you get into accident ?
  • Praise 1

Want to drive uber and grab but don't want to pay for the insurance is it? You can't drive without valid insurance, they won't process your application for you. But if you want to fetch any tom dick harry, your current insurance is valid lah. I fetch my colleague, I fetch my neighbour, I term them as my passenger. Why cannot fetch? Then buy car can only fetch own family meh? cannot be one lah. You wanna collect money then go and buy insurance. If you think money pay to insurance is too much higher than the amount you earn, then don't even collect money from passenger. 

If want to have payment in kind, it is up to you and you decide what kind of kind you want. You want suck dry kind, or want creamy kind? It is all up to you.

If I am not wrong, GrabHitch/Ryde needs commercial car insurance.

I am referring to fetching neighbor/friends who pays and I continue with my private car insurance with appropriate coverage.

Incidentally, if you volunteer to chauffeur in your friend's wedding and you get an angpow, the passengers are also not covered by insurance, according to the black-and-white written in the policy.

Grabhitch and ryde doesn't need extra insurance to use. The companies already buy for you liao when u use their services. Insurance is bought for passenger only but perfectly legal.

This could mean that your passenger could be covered for medical costs but you need to repair your own car and other damages to road if your insurance doesn't cover.

Grabhitch and ryde doesn't need extra insurance to use. The companies already buy for you liao when u use their services. Insurance is bought for passenger only but perfectly legal.

This could mean that your passenger could be covered for medical costs but you need to repair your own car and other damages to road if your insurance doesn't cover.

I know Ryde has Group Insurance for their passengers, but is not aware that GrabHitch has the same as well.

↡ Advertisement