COE Bidding – 2nd Round of July 2016

Carbon82

showrooms at lengkee quite quiet this afternoon.

even mazda is not that crowded.

only Honda is crowded as many people went to beo Civic and HRV (the one on display is disappointingly the old SOHC version). not many people signing at Honda. mostly see see look look.

i sense weak demand at current coe levels.

Was at Eurokar test driving the drool worthy Mazda 6 over the 24th jul weekend. Almost every table's taken up for discussion and mazda's tagging their guaranteed open cat to the cars. Dun see many signings for the 30 min I was in the showroom.

Ironically, despite wat the SE said bout how hot this sale is and very limited this offer is, their printed table showing all the available cars with coe is largely "unhighlighted" i.e. Low uptake

↡ Advertisement

Was at Eurokar test driving the drool worthy Mazda 6 over the 24th jul weekend. Almost every table's taken up for discussion and mazda's tagging their guaranteed open cat to the cars. Dun see many signings for the 30 min I was in the showroom.

Ironically, despite wat the SE said bout how hot this sale is and very limited this offer is, their printed table showing all the available cars with coe is largely "unhighlighted" i.e. Low uptake

Check out the CX-3 ? Any pricing yet ?

I think the uptake rates for the 2 and 3 are more palpable than the 6 ever can attain!

enough said. why govt suddenly relax the loan requirement? to keep the coe price high of course.

True also make car more affordable to more people. But they did not look far ahead come 2020 the satellite ERP kicks in by that time many people will kena actually slowly walking into the trap without knowing.

Very clever stragety

• Praise 1

True also make car more affordable to more people. But they did not look far ahead come 2020 the satellite ERP kicks in by that time many people will kena actually slowly walking into the trap without knowing.

Very clever stragety

cars are never affordable with the high coe. the govt and banks are happy, and many more may become a bankrupt due to their purchase.

• Praise 1

enough said. why govt suddenly relax the loan requirement? to keep the coe price high of course.

Win-win lah. More interest earn from loan for bank while more ppls can afford to buy due to stretching their loan period.

The way i see is this implemention only affect a CERTAIN group of ppls and we all know which group (definitely not the real poor folk)

• Praise 1

cars are never affordable with the high coe. the govt and banks are happy, and many more may become a bankrupt due to their purchase.

If they are so marginal, as to potentially become bankrupts from purchasing just a car - then they should NOT stretch themselves to buy a car right?

Please take public transport and support the garmen's plan for the future.

LL stretch oneself to buy car until pokai for what? :D

• Praise 1

Even with 10-20k COE our car also is the most expensive in the world .
  • Praise 1

He from India come one lah, deh!! :D

No i am from Singapore. I am asking a question . I did saw the web site on LTA before

For example : the quota for COE CAT A IS (Average Monthly Quota for Aug 2016 to Oct 2016 Bidding Exercises 4,016)

But I would like to know is

a) In August itself is 4016, there are 2 rounds of bidding. How many EXACT QUOTA for each bidding ? Or is it divide by 2 only ?

Huh? Seriously... what talking u? LTA already release the quota for the next 3 months... why do we need to guess?

Coe is determined by bidding, what formula you talking about?

Do you know that googling for these answers is probably faster than you asking ppl here for answers. I suspect another this is another troll...

One question on COE bidding ..if everyone deliberately bids $x (I don't say $2 lah ..just say all bid 20k only) which is less than reserve price, does that mean LTA will not release the COE until people pay a minium of it ?

How does one know what is the current reserve price ? Last July premium or Last PQP ?

(edited)

No i am from Singapore. I am asking a question . I did saw the web site on LTA before

For example : the quota for COE CAT A IS (Average Monthly Quota for Aug 2016 to Oct 2016 Bidding Exercises 4,016)

But I would like to know is

a) In August itself is 4016, there are 2 rounds of bidding. How many EXACT QUOTA for each bidding ? Or is it divide by 2 only ?

One question on COE bidding ..if everyone deliberately bids $x (I don't say $2 lah ..just say all bid 20k only) which is less than reserve price, does that mean LTA will not release the COE until people pay a minium of it ?

How does one know what is the current reserve price ? Last July premium or Last PQP ?

a) The exact quota for each bidding is the month's quota divided by 2.

b) The bidding system is explained by LTA here (https://www.lta.gov.sg/content/ltaweb/en/roads-and-motoring/owning-a-vehicle/vehicle-quota-system/certificate-of-entitlement-coe.html). The definition of "reserve price" as given by LTA at this website is:

* The reserve price is the maximum bid amount that a bidder is prepared to pay for the COE.

I.e. It's not like land parcel tender where Govt has a reserved price of XX$

COE price is determined just like PSLE cut-off point for secondary schools. A school with fixed number of vacancies which attracts more students with high PSLE scores applying will end up having high cut-off point.

Edited by redstuff
  • Praise 3

Even with 10-20k COE our car also is the most expensive in the world .

Even there is no COE , our car is still the most expensive in the world :yuush:  :yuush:

The govt can't afford to lose this No.1 spot in the world after Changi Airport disappoint them hor [lipsrsealed]

• Praise 2

Twincharged

Even there is no COE , our car is still the most expensive in the world :yuush:  :yuush:

The govt can't afford to lose this No.1 spot in the world after Changi Airport disappoint them hor [lipsrsealed]

Lol, yeah, we strive to be the number 1 in everything... [lipsrsealed]

• Praise 1

a) The exact quota for each bidding is the month's quota divided by 2.

b) The bidding system is explained by LTA here (https://www.lta.gov.sg/content/ltaweb/en/roads-and-motoring/owning-a-vehicle/vehicle-quota-system/certificate-of-entitlement-coe.html). The definition of "reserve price" as given by LTA at this website is:

* The reserve price is the maximum bid amount that a bidder is prepared to pay for the COE.

I.e. It's not like land parcel tender where Govt has a reserved price of XX$

COE price is determined just like PSLE cut-off point for secondary schools. A school with fixed number of vacancies which attracts more students with high PSLE scores applying will end up having high cut-off point.

I thought is like Q system. All top bids are allocated COE. And the final price to pay is the lowest bid of all the highest suscessful bids.

Correct right from what I read.

• Praise 2

I thought is like Q system. All top bids are allocated COE. And the final price to pay is the lowest bid of all the highest suscessful bids.

You are correct and said it well with fewer words! 

Well, not really. And that's why after each bidding exercise, there is always an "Unused" portion.

Assume:

Cat A quota = 100

Say the lowest of the top 95 bidders had bidded $50K.

These 95 bidders will all be "Successful".

Then say, the next-10 bidders (below the first 95) had bidded $49K.

All 10 of them will be "Unsucessful", together with the rest of the other hundreds that had bidded below $49K.

So simple right. There are only 5 quota left, but the last 10 bidders all had bidded $49K ... so ALL don't get!

Thus Cat A "Unused" in that exercise = 5

• Praise 1

Well, not really. And that's why after each bidding exercise, there is always an "Unused" portion.

Assume:

Cat A quota = 100

All 10 of them will be "Unsucessful", together with the rest of the other hundreds that had bidded below $49K.

So simple right. There are only 5 quota left, but the last 10 bidders all had bidded $49K ... so ALL don't get!

Ya and the 5 unused quota will row over to next round
  • Praise 1

Assume:

Cat A quota = 100

I understand your point  of 1st to 95th bidder who place 50k.

96th to 100th bidder bid 49k and below, therefore never get COE paper.

Question

1. Why did the 1st to 95th bidder THINK they should place bid around 50k ? There must be a reason for bidder to place around 50k ++ right ? Why don't they bid 30k instead or lower ?

ok I've never bid a coe before, so when the bid opens ..maybe everyone bid $1 for a start ..then some vendor or individuals start to bid $49k ..then everyone kan cheong and bid higher than 49k ..eg 50k  ..51k etc ... I am sure this is display on some SCREENS right so they bid openly ?

2. What is everyone just bid $1 ..does the LTA lan lan accept $1 ? I am sure there is a start reserve price right which the LTA put forth so that $1 coe will never exists right ? If that is the case, LTA must have some "hidden rules" to start the reserve price somehow behind the scene ?

↡ Advertisement