Just found this to share with all.....if this not the latest news, please forgive me :)

http://auto.ndtv.com/news/2017-toyota-corolla-altis-facelift-makes-global-debut-in-russia-1290639

↡ Advertisement

from the angle car shots were taken, i still prefer body sculpture of current altis - the lower body more muscular than this FL one.

Any idea when will this model arrive in SG?

Not that I know when it will come.  Usually its will goes to european countries first then to asia & first to taiwan. I reckon it may not come to sg in the very near future.

from the angle car shots were taken, i still prefer body sculpture of current altis - the lower body more muscular than this FL one.

Agree with you.  I also prefer the current altis.  I don't like the front beefy looks.

If only this Altis comes with the new 1.2TC engine.

But I guess if it does happen, it should be for a new model and not FL.

Altis 2020 perhaps.

↡ Advertisement

All the Altis needs now is a focus on safety, with at least 6-7 airbags and traction control. The current 2 airbags and ABS only is a joke for a family car. 

All the Altis needs now is a focus on safety, with at least 6-7 airbags and traction control. The current 2 airbags and ABS only is a joke for a family car. 

SE asian consumers have a low priority on safety. N toyota correspondingly doesn't bother  [:|]

Assuming can compare what is likely in Singapore if you do the comparison on that site of Elantra v Altis v Renault then Altis still missing a lot of fairly 'standard' features.

Pity because I like the look of it.

Saw yesterday's papers that Altis selling at $95k? Anyone got any details or is there a catch?

Or another take in orders n hope for COE to drop scheme?

Saw yesterday's papers that Altis selling at $95k? Anyone got any details or is there a catch?

Maybe clearing stock for this beauty?

20160617075216_01-corolla-img_tcm-3020-7

Or another take in orders n hope for COE to drop schemFre

Free service reduced to 1 yr from 3yrs.

Interest at high of 2.78%.

Edited by Vios123

$95k? Maybe for basic mode?!

Yes basuc model with fabric seat. Elegance model also price drop but worth fir it if compare back to the price in few months before. Earlier buyer must be cry hard due to this...of couse they also lost lot of customer due to new facelift honda and other korean car etc

The deal breaker for me of the altis is the basic looking clock that still sits right at the console... too old skool for my taste.

And they still have that in the facelift model... aiyoh.  :brzzzzz:

The deal breaker for me of the altis is the basic looking clock that still sits right at the console... too old skool for my taste.

And they still have that in the facelift model... aiyoh. :brzzzzz:

Your car buying decision is based on a dashboard clock?...

Your car buying decision is based on a dashboard clock?...

Of course not.... it consists of various factors such as cost, reliability and so on. 

For me, the interior design is rather crucial to me as this is what I get to see EVERYDAY. The layout must makes sense and works for me. 

Hence, if the choices of the cars are equal in other aspects, I don't see the point of buying a car where the interior does not pleases me a single bit. In this case, it is the dashboard clock.  [;)]

Of course not.... it consists of various factors such as cost, reliability and so on. 

For me, the interior design is rather crucial to me as this is what I get to see EVERYDAY. The layout must makes sense and works for me. 

Hence, if the choices of the cars are equal in other aspects, I don't see the point of buying a car where the interior does not pleases me a single bit. In this case, it is the dashboard clock.  [;)]

Buy a magnetic or sticky pad, cover the 1999-esque digital clock with it, affix a nice Seiko or Citizen to it. :a-fun:

And they still have that in the facelift model... aiyoh.  :brzzzzz:

I think the dashboard area for the current altis is gear towards old skool style. Not only the clock, even the entire dashboard design looks like those 80s car. Either you like it or dont like it. Lol.

Edited by 13177

Buy a magnetic or sticky pad, cover the 1999-esque digital clock with it, affix a nice Seiko or Citizen to it. :a-fun:

Haha... good suggestion but a bit leh chei....  [laugh]  Better still, place a Apple Watch and use it like Apple CarPlay.  [smash]

I think the dashboard area for the current altis is gear towards old skool style. Not only the clock, even the entire dashboard design looks like those 80s car. Either you like it or dont like it. Lol.

That to me, its a bit disappointing as the outside was way better than the previous generations. 

That to me, its a bit disappointing as the outside was way better than the previous generations.

I suppose u can't have everything. I've bought cars which didn't suit me 100% but cos it thicked most of the boxes. Then again, if u find it an eyesore, even if it ticks 99% of boxes, it may be a deal breaker! Goes to show that all of us have different benchmarks n as the saying goes "one man's meat is another man's poison"!

Edited by Spring

Haha... good suggestion but a bit leh chei....  [laugh]  Better still, place a Apple Watch and use it like Apple CarPlay.  [smash]

oei... I thought you say you care about design... very crucial!! :XD:

if you try, don't forget to remove the wrist strap. look dopey otherwise.

Anyone has signed te promo package dont mind to share details package as u get :) ?

This is what my SE sent me.

A rundown of our prices. Prius C $95988 Altis $97988 (black interior) $95988 (ivory interior) standard and $103988 (black interior) $101988 (ivory interior) elegance. Prius $129988 Camry 2.0 $126988 Camry 2.5 $131988 Rav 4 $149988 Fortuner $182,988 Wish $104988 Standard $110988 Elegance Interest Promo 2.38% for 5 to 7 years loan min 50k!!! Terms and conditions apply. Call Me at 97626562 for more details. Sean Koh Borneo motors.

Sorry. Should have deleted the contact.

↡ Advertisement