2017 Toyota Corolla Altis new Facelift

AltisOwner

My friend 2009 forte gearbox up lorry on the 8.5 year and he no choice change to the new k3.

He do his servicing regularly, so can only say reliability also must see heng suay one.

When my Forte had erratic gear change issue, AD even advised me if gear box issue, better go seek their SE consider change car. Because that is expensive.

Hinted that is NOT really uncommon.

Maybe consider lucky finally it's ECU. But still ----Damage: $2k. + dangerous erratic gear change + frustrating lost time/effort convincing the AD something is wrong + lost of use.

(Happened only during cold start. hence AD failed to diagnose 1st 2 times. Until 3rd time, they kept there for 2 days before saw the symptom themselves)

Really a good lesson on "appreciation of reliability" ....

↡ Advertisement

When my Forte had erratic gear change issue, AD even advised me if gear box issue, better go seek their SE consider change car. Because that is expensive.

Maybe consider lucky finally it's ECU. But still ----Damage: $2k. + dangerous erratic gear change + frustrating lost time/effort convincing the AD something is wrong + lost of use.

(Happened only during cold start. hence AD failed to diagnose 1st 2 times. Until 3rd time, they kept there for 2 days before saw the symptom themselves)

How much does it cost to replace the gearbox in a Kia Forte?

Edited by Vinceng

To you and all who think AD is your friend, i want to highlight that you need to take their advice with a pinch of salt. One does not have to change car because of a auto transmission issue

An autotrans service will cost 2.5k there about, to change car would cost you about 80k. AD and SE will make more than 2.5k from you when you change car. The problem is many of us in sgp are so use to driving new car, an autotrans poblem will scare us to dead. No, autotrans is not a big problem, it is wear and tear of the parts in the gear box assembly, just repair it with 3 to 4 days downtime and the car will continue to go on th road for a long time.

Your geat change problem in the morning will deteriotate if you leave it alone within a month or two before you have to send it into a workshop, no big problem.

Edited by Ct3833
  • Praise 1

Your post on K3 issues are true. The Malaysian side is facing the steering knocking sound too.Not sure about the Elantras, but with its low OMV, i suspect quality is lacking as well.

The Altis may lose out on features to the K3. But in terms of reliabiity, K3 is nowhere near the Altis standard.

These are the common problems in the 2014 to 2018 Kia Cerato Forte K3 too.

- Steering knocking sound

- Headlamps got water vapour inside

- Motrex sound system failure

- Reverse camera failure

- Erratic and jerky gear change after cold start 

If you read in the Kia K3 thread, many K3 owners who used to own Altis swear that K3 road holding, stability and comfort are much much better than Altis.

It's an ego issue - nobody will admit that their own car is lousy

Let's see how ppl cherry pick

halo, do you have anything new to share?

just copy paste from other post see more also sien liao..

why don't share your ride pro n con ?

• Praise 1

You need to be more open and objective. You go around various threads to badmouth about Toyota, and to the extent of posting in the altis section of sgcarmart to condemn altis . Now you selectively pick the bad review of altis to flame in this forum, i really dont know what you are up to.
  • Praise 1

You need to be more open and objective. You go around various threads to badmouth about Toyota, and to the extent of posting in the altis section of sgcarmart to condemn altis . Now you selectively pick the bad review of altis to flame in this forum, i really dont know what you are up to.

also most of these users already inactive/dead, or still zero post as of today. (clever one will know what does this means)

so these reviews just not constructive at all, by general knowledge we suspecting these submitted by someone who just try to pull funny trick here and there. 

anyway we cannot stop some from blindly believe these reviews, that's the unfortunate case. 

• Praise 1

Bro I really bow to you.

You are like the Freddy from Friday the 13th.

Will chase down any Toyota till your death....

I hope this is not a OCD type obsession due to other personal issues you have... if so my advice is to seek some professional help.

Denial will only delay the resolution.

• Praise 6

Bro I really bow to you.

You are like the Freddy from Friday the 13th.

Will chase down any Toyota till your death....

I hope this is not a OCD type obsession due to other personal issues you have... if so my advice is to seek some professional help.

Denial will only delay the resolution.

I think he need to see a shrink. If cannot afford an altis, also no need to badmouth it until like that. Very bad character

Recently one of my friend ask me should he get a an Altis or Sylphy.

I know both are MIT, good size with wheelbase of 2700, Jap tech n reliability and fuss free motoring.

Would appreciate if any bro or sis with experience with this two car can share with us the insight of these two legendary car.

E.g.

Handling

Ride

Comfort

Upholstery

Maintenance.

Outlook no need to say Liao

......Uncle all like it. :P

I know both are MIT, good size with wheelbase of 2700, Jap tech n reliability and fuss free motoring.

Would appreciate if any bro or sis with experience with this two car can share with us the insight of these two legendary car.

E.g.

Handling

Ride

Comfort

Upholstery

Maintenance.

you may refer to Bro Kia7200 advise, he will give you a honest answer at his best..

you may refer to Bro Kia7200 advise, he will give you a honest answer at his best..

Move on lah. Lets get back to more constructive discussion , is Sylphy made in Thai ? I dindt know that.

Yep, MIT... they probably represent the more traditional choices.. 

IMO, you gotta try both cars and decide.. soliciting opinions won't work as well as a test drive...

E.g.

Handling

Ride

Comfort

Upholstery

Maintenance.

Therock's suggestion is best, your friend should go do a test drive to have a feel for himself. I dont think the two cars have much difference.

Move on lah. Lets get back to more constructive discussion , is Sylphy made in Thai ? I dindt know that.

don't know as well.

as never consider of this model, so not done any study or test drive before.

don't know as well.

as never consider of this model, so not done any study or test drive before.

I just checked sgcarmart, yes Sylphy is made in Thailand. 

↡ Advertisement