2017 Toyota Corolla Altis new Facelift

AltisOwner

Recently one of my friend ask me should he get a an Altis or Sylphy.

I know both are MIT, good size with wheelbase of 2700, Jap tech n reliability and fuss free motoring.

Would appreciate if any bro or sis with experience with this two car can share with us the insight of these two legendary car.

E.g.

Handling

Ride

Comfort

Upholstery

Maintenance.

Outlook no need to say Liao

......Uncle all like it. :P

Go test drive. Other people tell boh chun one. You have your own preference.

I tested both. I decided Altis because of mostly personal preference like

- prefer Toyota better steering feel.  Sylphy light steering. 

- Prefer Altis good ergonomic. Sylphy seating position high (feel more like van)

- Wanted a good reputation on reliability. (Heard from Malaysia friends who owned Sylphy now and has a significant long list of repair he went through by 200k km.)

So, best is go see and test and see what you prefer.

Edited by dannychoy84
↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

Turbocharged

Just booked Altis last Saturday. Delivery estimated March next year. Can't wait

Your Altis date of manufactured should be February or March 2019. Pls check on front passenger side door pillar.
  • Praise 1

The current altis still have so many people buying? Still need to wait so long for the car?

The current altis still have so many people buying? Still need to wait so long for the car?

You may be surprised..

People who buy this boring, old man's car, aren't really into forums..

They just buy a car, jump in and drive. And ten years later, they swop it for another... no fuss or dramas..

• Praise 3

You may be surprised..

They just buy a car, jump in and drive. And ten years later, they swop it for another... no fuss or dramas..

I took over an altis from my friend as a family second car, i will only send it for regular servicing, no other care and treatment, my children just drive and drive, and it contines to work day after day. Touch wood. Edited by Ct3833
  • Praise 1

Defintely lots of buyers. Its not your normal K3 or elantra . Its the god of all cars. the holy grail of reliability

• Praise 1

I took over an altis from my friend as a family second car, i will only send it for regular servicing, no other care and treatment, my children just drive and drive, and it contines to work day after day. Touch wood.

I drove a vios for 14 years. Heavy footer, never warm up, never off ice aircon before switch off engine and it just keep going too. No matter how I whack it, it won't break down, except wear and tear items. That's how reliable it is.
  • Praise 2

You may be surprised..

Actually the current altis not as boring as previous altis la. At least the design not so boring and uncle, and safety features also improved. No wonder the car attracted even more people to buy.

Each car has their fans..

No need to put down another model..

So this car costs 10k more than the Korean rivals.

A Mercedes may cost 10-20k more than other conti or Asian equivalent cars.

You don’t see folks dissing them.

Those who need to are likely to have a chip on their shoulders ..

Even the Qashqai costs 10k more than the Korean cars.

You don’t see people stomping on them.

Edited by therock
  • Praise 3

is this the one?or the current model?

Defintely lots of buyers. Its not your normal K3 or elantra . Its the god of all cars. the holy grail of reliability

smell a sense of sarcasm but i totally agree with the statement

• Praise 2

Each car has their fans..

No need to put down another model..

So this car costs 10k more than the Korean rivals.

A Mercedes may cost 10-20k more than other conti or Asian equivalent cars.

You don’t see folks dissing them.

Those who need to are likely to have a chip on their shoulders ..

Even the Qashqai costs 10k more than the Korean cars.

You don’t see people stomping on them.

Agree.

If you feel ok for the car,just buy and that's it.

Anyway,we don't work for Mercedes,toyota,hyundai,kia or nissan.

Why bother to advertise for them?lol.... 

• Praise 1

Actually the current altis not as boring as previous altis la. At least the design not so boring and uncle, and safety features also improved. No wonder the car attracted even more people to buy.

too bad it's price lose to elantra. Most probably it not going to win over the elantra in terms of sales

is this the one?or the current model?

smell a sense of sarcasm but i totally agree with the statement

People always say their k3 or elantra Better than altis. How much better who knows? Who can verify? Edited by RogerNg_185295
  • Praise 1

too bad it's price lose to elantra. Most probably it not going to win over the elantra in terms of sales

People always say their k3 or elantra Better than altis. How much better who knows? Who can verify?

It is a toyota afterall, the price confirmed would be higher than elantra la. This is how our car price works here.

• Praise 1

People always say their k3 or elantra Better than altis. How much better who knows? Who can verify?

actually what you said is fairly true.the latest J.D. Power Dependability ranking for 2018 pit KIA and Hyundai as less problematic that Toyota. Both manufacturers ranked much higher than Toyota(especially KIA). This test is done for 3 yr old cars in the US,meaning KIA/Hyundai gives lesser problems and easier to maintain than a Toyota. Now you can prove,with clear and unbiased verification,that KIA and Hyundai are as good as Toyota,if not better. Bet i made you smile...didn't i.

2018016a.jpg

To me, its a paid type of thing. Who knows ? Anyway not really applicable to Singapore. BMW in the list makes it even more suspicious.

The Korean car lovers, however, will love this study.

actually what you said is fairly true.the latest J.D. Power Dependability ranking for 2018 pit KIA and Hyundai as less problematic that Toyota. Both manufacturers ranked much higher than Toyota(especially KIA). This test is done for 3 yr old cars in the US,meaning KIA/Hyundai gives lesser problems and easier to maintain than a Toyota. Now you can prove,with clear and unbiased verification,that KIA and Hyundai are as good as Toyota,if not better. Bet i made you smile...didn't i.

2018016a.jpg

↡ Advertisement