2017 Toyota Corolla Altis new Facelift

AltisOwner

Turbocharged

I can accept that altis being sold a higher price because of higher OMv, but zero rebate is outright con job and is explpoiting customers loyalty to the extreme. I know chances of getting rebate is low but to make rebate at zero is insulting customer's intelligence and a show of greed .

agree....

that's why I am wondering who else is having a zero rebate plan during the 20 Feb 2019 coe tender and whether it is still going on now.

BTW Cat A ended with $26,301.00, but those who sign a zero rebate plan must pray hard there is no fluke coe result.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

will you be able to share, what are those?

Went for Hyundai avante, Kia Cerato, Citroen C3 and many others.

None of the OMV are higher than this.

I accompanied a friend to get his Altis recently too.

My sister got a Kia recently too as her first car after passing.

Yes, the koreans are worth it for the features and specs.

However if you really look into certain areas that most people dont look, the build quality and paintwork, panels alignments etc are still much better for the Japanese.

They are close but personally have not overtaken yet.

• Praise 5

I can accept that altis being sold a higher price because of higher OMv, but zero rebate is outright con job and is explpoiting customers loyalty to the extreme. I know chances of getting rebate is low but to make rebate at zero is insulting customer's intelligence and a show of greed .

Ya... they the market leader. They set the trend. Anyway their cars are still selling so they heck care lor

I accompanied a friend to get his Altis recently too.

My sister got a Kia recently too as her first car after passing.

Yes, the koreans are worth it for the features and specs.

However if you really look into certain areas that most people dont look, the build quality and paintwork, panels alignments etc are still much better for the Japanese.

They are close but personally have not overtaken yet.

It's a thai car, not Japanese car

Ya... they the market leader. They set the trend. Anyway their cars are still selling so they heck care lor

They have been losing market share big time.
  • Praise 1

Zzzzzzz. . .  [sleeping]

Waited a month . . another one to go before I collect my Altis   [:)]

My neighbor collected his car yesterday . . . SMK 3*** E

Congrats ~

I collected my Altis about 3 weeks ahead of the estimated delivery date.

You can check with your SE on the stock delivery status and see what he/she say. :)

• Praise 3

Zzzzzzz. . . [sleeping]

Waited a month . . another one to go before I collect my Altis [:)]

You must have ordered a popular colour, thats why need to wait so long?
  • Praise 1

Congrats ~

I collected my Altis about 3 weeks ahead of the estimated delivery date.

You can check with your SE on the stock delivery status and see what he/she say. :)

SE in Japan when I sms him. He mentioned car coming soon.

You must have ordered a popular colour, thats why need to wait so long?

My wife and son opted for black.
  • Praise 1

This service ended about 2 years ago

The service adviser said can touch up at no cost during the 5k servicing. But  limit to 1 paint chip   [rolleyes]

Zzzzzzz. . .  [sleeping]

Waited a month . . another one to go before I collect my Altis   [:)]

Think BM usually deliver few weeks ahead of the estimated delivery date. I collected 3 weeks earlier too

• Praise 1

SE in Japan when I sms him. He mentioned car coming soon.

My wife and son opted for black.

Maybe black is uncommon colour now, so also need to wait long?! Lol. Edited by 13177

Maybe black is uncommon colour now, so also need to wait long?! Lol.

yes. BM generally tell it’s customer the delivery date is about 3 month away but I believe they also buffer some time to protect themselves.

Usually they should be able to deliver earlier if customer on and off go kajiao and chase them.

Think BM usually deliver few weeks ahead of the estimated delivery date. I collected 3 weeks earlier too

I only collecting my ride on agreed date next week. My colour is white, maybe cos this is popular colour. 

yes. BM generally tell it’s customer the delivery date is about 3 month away but I believe they also buffer some time to protect themselves.

Usually they should be able to deliver earlier if customer on and off go kajiao and chase them.

I think end day depends on how pushy are you and how willing is the SE to help u push for allocation. 

Edited by RocLover
  • Praise 3

i heard they still maintain some sort of japanese standard like 'just-in-time' manufacturing process.

found this article on sgcarmart. https://www.sgcarmart.com/news/events_features.php?AID=3642

If interested about just in time, there's another very detailed article here: https://www.thedrive.com/tech/26955/inside-toyotas-takaoka-2-line-the-most-flexible-line-in-the-world

On this production line, they can switch new models in to produce without stopping the line at all!

The production philosophy for defects is also very different. This is from Reddit: https://www.reddit.com/r/cars/comments/aogxgg/magical_mystery_plant_tour_genchi_genbutsu_in/eg1fk0f/?utm_source=reddit&utm_medium=usertext&utm_name=Justrolledintotheshop&utm_content=t1_ekfzxj0

"The biggest example I can think of is that every Toyota vehicle is built 100% correctly from start to finish. As an example, if you're a Toyota line assembly worker and you discover a mistake that was made earlier in the assembly process, you hit a button on your station and it brings the entire assembly line to a halt. A special team of workers responds to your location and they attempt to fix whatever the mistake may have been. If they can fix it on the spot, great, the line is restarted and the car continues to be assembled to be sold. If they cannot fix it right there, the entire car assembly is taken off the line by a giant robot and moved to another area for analysis on "why/how" the mistake was made so its root cause can be fixed so that going forward no car they build ever has that problem again. They then rebuild what was supposed to be that car completely and correctly. It is awe inspiring.

GM on the other hand, same scenario, you're a line assembly worker and find a mistake from before your station. The proper action with GM is to simply hang a paper tag on the mistake section and continue your work. Then when the car gets to the end of the line, a special team is there to inspect the car and fix any tags on the car. But the thing is, the car could have twenty separate little tags on it and every car built that day could have the same problem and therefore tag that needs fixed. So a top of the line Corvette ZR1 could be built with tons of errors but a Camry will be built with none.

TL;DR: GM builds broken cars that need to be fixed before they can be sold. Toyota builds as close to perfect cars, the first time."

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 3