2017 Toyota Corolla Altis new Facelift

AltisOwner

It means those who booked altis at 90988, if coe continues 30k and above, they can forget to get their car?

I'm guessing la

If their car basic cost is really 81k when Coe is 32k. And if Coe go up to example 37k, BM profit margin only 5k le

Those who traded in their cars, every month that trade car paper value will lose example $800. After example 3 bidding (1.5mths) plus wait for the car shipment another few months, u calucalte how much they loss? But of course they might factor in liao la

Edited by Kia7200
↡ Advertisement

I'm guessing la

If their car basic cost is really 81k when Coe is 32k. And if Coe go up to example 37k, BM profit margin only 5k le

Those who traded in their cars, every month that trade car paper value will lose example $800. After example 3 bidding (1.5mths) plus wait for the car shipment another few months, u calucalte how much they loss? But of course they might factor in liao la

Maybe BM already have ex stock and only need to secure coe for their customer and can register the car immediately. And now depends if BM wants to close that deal or not for altis customers. For vios heard no ex stock, even coe secure now also need to wait until Oct the shipment then come.

New Altis should be arriving nov.. not sure is there standard and elegant model to choose? Not sure how high tech it can be.

When arrived?

Should be year end or next year... BM need to start selling new model Altis... it look more sporty I think.. ha..

Like this they have to clear all the existing altis? But first they must secure coe for customers?! Lol.

I thought ADs will usually price the trade-in value at the estimated car collection month, and not the month which the booking was made? As such, it does not matter to them if the bids are not successful.

In fact, better for the buyer, who can continue to use his car and not lose out on the trade-in value.

• Praise 1

I thought ADs will usually price the trade-in value at the estimated car collection month, and not the month which the booking was made? As such, it does not matter to them if the bids are not successful.

In fact, better for the buyer, who can continue to use his car and not lose out on the trade-in value.

Ya... But their profit margin will be lesser only la

I'm guessing la

Based on lta webby, altis elegance basic cost is 48k and standard at 43k, both before coe.

Really tight margin for BM to play with even with the free upgrade to elegance at 90+k.

Max they can go will probably be 33k to 35k coe, anything more means its top up time.

Based on lta webby, altis elegance basic cost is 48k and standard at 43k, both before coe.

Really tight margin for BM to play with even with the free upgrade to elegance at 90+k.

Max they can go will probably be 33k to 35k coe, anything more means its top up time.

If BM can max go to 33k to 35k coe for their altis, then they should have secure this round coe at 32k liao. But think some who have booked did not get their coe?!

Looks like a smaller version of current camry.

May I ask will the Altis hybrid model be launched in Singapore in the coming months . Considering Mazda 3 has a mild hybrid . Thanks.
  • Praise 1

May I ask will the Altis hybrid model be launched in Singapore in the coming months . Considering Mazda 3 has a mild hybrid . Thanks.

I have no idea le.

The M-hybrid and Altis hybrid are completely different. THE M-hybrid is a small motor to provide small additional power when moving off, the Altis hybrid is a lot more powerful.

I personally think BM will not bring in altis hybrid because :

1. Toyota Asia Pacific would want BM to sell the made in thiland low cost asia model Altis.

2. Even the lowest version hybrid 1.2L would have the cost price of about 100k including COE, the price will not make hybrid Altis a popular model knowing Altis buyer segment is a groul of cost conscious consumers.

So my guess is not, if you want, PI would be a better bet.

Edited by Ct3833

Supercharged

All the Mild hybrid - even those from Merc or otherwise are basically just marketing fluff... basically just have a dual purpose alternator that can help to relieve a little bit of engine load during initial move-off.

Compared to traditional hybrid - it is like kindergarten stage and effectiveness.

I think BM will continue to bring in the thailand made altis. If they sell the hybrid altis, it might affect their sales since now even non hybrid thailand made altis is already quite expensive liao. Cant imagine the price of hybrid altis.

↡ Advertisement