2017 Toyota Corolla Altis new Facelift

AltisOwner

Nice color, very modern exterior and those circular air vents come straight out of the Audi A3.. let's hope this Thai car makes it to our shores with the full suite of safety features in the standard car. Otherwise, I fear Borneo will simply bring in the lowest OMV with reduced airbags and other features missing..

Even so, I suspect it will still sell by the thousands to all Corolla fans.. and my in laws will still want it. 

The new dash is also very modern, the speedo takes a leaf from the Golf, pity about that retro clock..

Looks like Toyota is taking great pains to get the best bits from other competitors to make this facelift.

US manufactured corolla looks agressive on the outside, but interior dashboard look like those taxi models in the 80s, 90s.The added features and specifications surpass ALL equivalent models available here. Price is cheap too.

US manufactured corolla looks agressive on the outside, but interior dashboard look like those taxi models in the 80s, 90s.The added features and specifications surpass ALL equivalent models available here. Price is cheap too.

just to add, comparing to your earlier photo shared on red altis in JB, LED foglamp against the usual halogen foglamp we get (like some version of vezel, nice)

overall the front swollen lip design reminds me of alpha romeo style

for the interior, the blue line we saw at CHR..... not again.... some might like it, but definitely not my personal favourite.

don't want to comment on the price. no point comparing Singapore price with other country.

• Praise 1

just to add, comparing to your earlier photo shared on red altis in JB, LED foglamp against the usual halogen foglamp we get (like some version of vezel, nice)

overall the front swollen lip design reminds me of alpha romeo style

for the interior, the blue line we saw at CHR..... not again.... some might like it, but definitely not my personal favourite.

don't want to comment on the price. no point comparing Singapore price with other country.

Hi all...currently altis promotion with 5 years free servicing..is this free servicing also normal package for non promotion period?
  • Praise 1

Hi all...currently altis promotion with 5 years free servicing..is this free servicing also normal package for non promotion period?

No. Normal is just 3x free
  • Praise 1

So no news yet on when will reach Singapore... only C-HR preview, then now wait for C-HR launch, then altis to follow?

And also actually which is the new version? As posted in this thread, the Malaysia version and US version front design is so much different.

Turbocharged

So no news yet on when will reach Singapore... only C-HR preview, then now wait for C-HR launch, then altis to follow?

And also actually which is the new version? As posted in this thread, the Malaysia version and US version front design is so much different.

Singapore should be getting the Asian version. The US corolla has always been different for many years since they got their own production factories for local market.

They won't want to show this yet... once this comes out, the interest in the current stock will die down..

Not everyone who walks into their showroom is aware of the facelift and keeping a lid on things is to their advantage..

• Praise 1

https://youtu.be/I6Dyc-3bTHo

https://youtu.be/SDnaBufifBE

Also out in Philippines and Indonesia as the Altis are locally manufactured. Singapore Borneo Motors still taking it's own sweet time, not even showing this facelifted version during the motorshow. Disappointing.

Friend booked the existing Altis on Wed morning and they got his COE in the afternoon and based on my calculations, they barely break even on the sell price of $97,988 for elegance model (discount $2k cos he opted to forego the extra 4yrs free servicing as he bought OPC car).

Shows Borneo desperately selling the remaining Altis to usher in the new facelifted model. Strange thing is he can only get the car around mid to end Feb which makes me wonder that it shouldn't be existing stock but perhaps Borneo already committed to import the car based on previous sales commitments? Anyway I believe the new facelifted model should be on sale anytime.

• Praise 3

Friend booked the existing Altis on Wed morning and they got his COE in the afternoon and based on my calculations, they barely break even on the sell price of $97,988 for elegance model (discount $2k cos he opted to forego the extra 4yrs free servicing as he bought OPC car).

Shows Borneo desperately selling the remaining Altis to usher in the new facelifted model. Strange thing is he can only get the car around mid to end Feb which makes me wonder that it shouldn't be existing stock but perhaps Borneo already committed to import the car based on previous sales commitments? Anyway I believe the new facelifted model should be on sale anytime.

may I ask a noob question, what are the things included and not included in the so-called 'free servicing'? noticed quite a few mentions on foregoing part of the package.

Free

- workmanship

- car wash?

Not free

- oil?

- spark plug?...

so if I bring in my own parts, can still enjoy those items covered in free servicing?

tx

Edited by Stone-Cold
↡ Advertisement