2017 Toyota Corolla Altis new Facelift

AltisOwner

1 hour ago, RogerNg_185295 said:

To me, you are  a nuisance.  I thought i was bad here, but you have shown that you are worse than me. 

Yes I am worse than you...  if everyone is good where come the bad... lol

↡ Advertisement
  • Haha! 1

1 hour ago, Vinceng said:

Beyond expectations to be precise. A class above! 😋 Definitely worth the $20K/$10K premium over similar Korean/Japanese makes!

Although I have some disappointment on some issue... but it is still reliable to worth pay some premium higher... 

14 hours ago, Sugimoto said:

If I am the sales director over there & I follow your advice, I will risk myself getting sacked.

Sg market is so small & normally those who whine alot are those self-entitled & "kiam siam" singaporean whom always spend the least but want to have the freshest items. If they never get the items they want to their standards, they will keep on complaining & complaining until got 走火入魔.

If we are buying clothes in Giordano, we shouldnt "hiam" the sewing rough or buttons not matching the cloth color, like acting to buy Zara clothing. Same goes for owning altis, dun expect like entitled to have Maybach's special individual customer treatment, can customize own car at factory plant. 

Sorry, but I need to say Zara clothings are horrible. there is no QC at all. 8 of 10 shirts I bought previously, need to realign all the buttons. 

• Praise 1

23 minutes ago, Contented said:

Although I have some disappointment on some issue... but it is still reliable to worth pay some premium higher... 

So what you like about your altis so far le? Reliable or not hard to tell yet since the car is still very new.

2 hours ago, RogerNg_185295 said:

To me, you are  a nuisance.  I thought i was bad here, but you have shown that you are worse than me. 

It takes a big man 💪 to admit his mistakes. Thumbs up to you! 👍

So we look forward to a refreshed Roger Ng! Cheers! 😊

43 minutes ago, Contented said:

then don't complain. 

40 minutes ago, Toeknee_33 said:

He has been trying to find someone worse than him for a long time liao. But those guys dont last as long as him, thats why his search never ends.  Actually already proven he was worst, but now he is bad, otherwise he long gone....[:p][laugh][laugh] 

• Haha! 3

48 minutes ago, Toeknee_33 said:

The moderators are here to guide me to the correct path. I cannot say i will not offend  anyone in future. 

• Praise 1

3 minutes ago, RogerNg_185295 said:

The moderators are here to guide me to the correct path. I cannot say i will not offend  anyone in future. 

KNN, is it really you? :huh:

why you hack his acct? [laugh][laugh][laugh]

1 hour ago, 13177 said:

So what you like about your altis so far le? Reliable or not hard to tell yet since the car is still very new.

Reliable come from past... not sure about this model... I like car is reliable.... hope it is still reliable...

55 minutes ago, ferrytales said:

then don't complain. 

Why don’t complain when there is fault... odometer maybe reading faster...  speedometer reading faster.... security of the smart entry reliable?  This is awareness...  consumer right... time has changed... lol

1 hour ago, shawnigami said:

Sorry, but I need to say Zara clothings are horrible. there is no QC at all. 8 of 10 shirts I bought previously, need to realign all the buttons. 

Haha.. so bad huh?..

Gen 10 maybe the last good quality Toyota... TOYOTA losing quality check control,  BM also losing their customer service quality... so when 2 combine... gone case.... lol

1 hour ago, Contented said:

Gen 10 maybe the last good quality Toyota... TOYOTA losing quality check control,  BM also losing their customer service quality... so when 2 combine... gone case.... lol

How you know they losing their customer service quality? Share with us what they did

18 hours ago, RogerNg_185295 said:

How you know they losing their customer service quality? Share with us what they did

No courtesy reply or follow up even when I drop my case... simple email or mail or sms to acknowledge show quality of service.  I should continue my case to make them work harder.. but I choose to let them go...  lol

• Praise 1

On 10/10/2019 at 9:34 AM, RocLover said:

Define Reliable please.

I think everyone has different perspective of this. Just helping to share some light. 

Some may think that Reliable = car is maintain well, service regularly and doesn't breakdown.

Some may think that reliable means the first few months of ownership, 1 does not need to send back to workshop multiple times. 

I think everyone has different view on things. if you are directly looking at electronics/equipment fault, no car is perfect. 

Just my 2cents worth.

Anything half of my previous Forte 2009 issue list is considered reliable:

Own from 2009 Nov (new) - Jun 2018 - 8.5 years (160k km). 

- 2 x Windshield cracked (1st year and 3rd year, seems initial batches known defect).

- 2 x rack and pinion due to steering giving loud squeaking sound( about 2nd year and 4th year)

- 4th year - bushing change due to suspension giving loud knocking sound

- 7.5th year - ECU faulty causing transmission shift erratically

- 8 th year -  change aircon compressor

- 8.5th year-  gasket -oil leak

- 8.5 th year - alternator

Faults never repaired:

- steering giving loud squeaking sound (3rd time, rack and pinion issue)

- suspension giving loud knocking sound (2nd time need change bushing)

- Fuel consumption creeping up

- ABS warning light up

Edited by dannychoy84
  • Shocked 1

7 hours ago, dannychoy84 said:

Anything half of my previous Forte 2009 issue list is considered reliable:

Own from 2009 Nov (new) - Jun 2018 - 8.5 years (160k km). 

- 2 x Windshield cracked (1st year and 3rd year, seems initial batches known defect).

- 2 x rack and pinion due to steering giving loud squeaking sound( about 2nd year and 4th year)

- 4th year - bushing change due to suspension giving loud knocking sound

- 7.5th year - ECU faulty causing transmission shift erratically

- 8 th year -  change aircon compressor

- 8.5th year-  gasket -oil leak

- 8.5 th year - alternator

Faults never repaired:

- steering giving loud squeaking sound (3rd time, rack and pinion issue)

- suspension giving loud knocking sound (2nd time need change bushing)

- Fuel consumption creeping up

- ABS warning light up

It could be also depend on how individual drive the car....   some wear and tear is normal.... gear and windshield not acceptable... just my view...

Do allow me to share my experience about my ex Civic FD1 1.8A and you guys can decide if Made in Japan=auto offer superb reliability and durability.

Bought brand new in Dec 2008, was an OPC car during the 1st 4 years, yet I got the following nonsense from Honda.

- Easy and frequent disc rotor warp. 1st warp occurred at just approx 18000 km and it was replaced FOC under warranty. Replaced rotors warped again at about 32000 km and becos I hardly use the car back then, 3 yr warranty had lapsed. Unwilling to pay $$ big $$ for the same sloppy disc rotors again, I had to self import a set of front and rear cross drilled, slotted rotors from Canada and installed them locally before this issue was solved completely. 

-  Engine mounts gone at about 40000 km. Totally rubbish quality. Gotta replace them at outside workshops. 

- Rear wheel bearings gone at about 40000km also. I had to delay replacement until about 50000km due to budget constraints at that time. Imagine how loud and uncomfortable the car was esp when u keep thinking a motorcycle was following u everywhere u go. 

-  Front shocks leaking at about 55000 km. Really TMD... 

-  Both driver n pax side sun visor broke off from my hands at ard 50000km! WTF kind of quality is this? I hardly use them in the 1st place

-  Headliner actually came loose and was dropping on my head ard that time also. That one I didnt fix for I thought it was getting ridiculous already

-  Final straw was when the 2nd gear started slipping and it got so bad that eventually 1st gear was affected. Mind u I did replace ATF with the correct type periodically. Yet it still died at ard 65000 km 

Sold the FD1 at the 7.5 yr with just 75000km on the clock  and I already replaced, or endured so much nonsense from Honda

So are all these considered small issues ?

↡ Advertisement