2017 Toyota Corolla Altis new Facelift

AltisOwner

3 hours ago, Cheefarn said:

Do allow me to share my experience about my ex Civic FD1 1.8A and you guys can decide if Made in Japan=auto offer superb reliability and durability.

Bought brand new in Dec 2008, was an OPC car during the 1st 4 years, yet I got the following nonsense from Honda.

- Easy and frequent disc rotor warp. 1st warp occurred at just approx 18000 km and it was replaced FOC under warranty. Replaced rotors warped again at about 32000 km and becos I hardly use the car back then, 3 yr warranty had lapsed. Unwilling to pay $$ big $$ for the same sloppy disc rotors again, I had to self import a set of front and rear cross drilled, slotted rotors from Canada and installed them locally before this issue was solved completely. 

-  Engine mounts gone at about 40000 km. Totally rubbish quality. Gotta replace them at outside workshops. 

- Rear wheel bearings gone at about 40000km also. I had to delay replacement until about 50000km due to budget constraints at that time. Imagine how loud and uncomfortable the car was esp when u keep thinking a motorcycle was following u everywhere u go. 

-  Front shocks leaking at about 55000 km. Really TMD... 

-  Both driver n pax side sun visor broke off from my hands at ard 50000km! WTF kind of quality is this? I hardly use them in the 1st place

-  Headliner actually came loose and was dropping on my head ard that time also. That one I didnt fix for I thought it was getting ridiculous already

-  Final straw was when the 2nd gear started slipping and it got so bad that eventually 1st gear was affected. Mind u I did replace ATF with the correct type periodically. Yet it still died at ard 65000 km 

Sold the FD1 at the 7.5 yr with just 75000km on the clock  and I already replaced, or endured so much nonsense from Honda

So are all these considered small issues ?

So now you driving Toyota?

↡ Advertisement

59 minutes ago, Contented said:

So now you driving Toyota?

Nope. Me driving something that most uninformed users would think it has questionable reliability and will have great difficult in getting parts.

Well its been 85000km and not even 4 full years but I've yet to encounter any of the above mentioned.  

I used to own a then brand new G9 Altis 1.8 (not 1.6) in 2004. And frankly it was more durable than my OMFG FD1. The only issue I had back then was leaking shocks which was a common issue with Thai made KYB shocks at that time. It was a KYB factory QA issue rather than Toyota's own. 

Edited by Cheefarn

50 minutes ago, Cheefarn said:

Nope. Me driving something that most uninformed users would think it has questionable reliability and will have great difficult in getting parts.

Well its been 85000km and not even 4 full years but I've yet to encounter any of the above mentioned.  

I used to own a then brand new G9 Altis 1.8 (not 1.6) in 2004. And frankly it was more durable than my OMFG FD1. The only issue I had back then was leaking shocks which was a common issue with Thai made KYB shocks at that time. It was a KYB factory QA issue rather than Toyota's own. 

I think newer car quality is not as good as before... Toyota Altis older gen is reliable to drive for very long, but I don’t think gen 11 can.. anyway maintaining Japanese car for long term is not expensive as long as gear, engine don’t failed... reliable and durable to me, is as long as key component like these don’t failed mean is reliable... lol

just wondering if anyone here can help, back in SG for a few days and driving a corolla. is there an app for the head unit with iphone?

bluetooth connection seems a little sketchy. sometimes can connect, sometimes cannot. sometimes i connect, but don't have the option to select audio source for it on my iphone.. sometimes connected but won't play anything. i know wired connection more straightforward but i prefer to connect via bluetooth. 

i recently learnt that this head unit is 2DIN or something and not like australia where i can get the toyota link app..

12 hours ago, Contented said:

Toyota tech is very lousy...  just hope the car is still reliable as before.., I think it should be better than gen 12... a doom model... lol

Au revoir & enjoy your ban, good riddance!

• Praise 1

4 hours ago, RogerNg_185295 said:

He anti altis only right? What else he did?

It is better for me to make it clear in case anyone started to get confused with the forum rules.

Spamming is not about saying bad things about a particular brand / model / product, etc., excessive promoting can get you into trouble as well, so @Kia7200 you should get the point right. Let me use the following example:

Person A says KFC is bad, and he went to every food discussion thread to condemn about KFC fried chicken, and while other forumers have different experience, Person A keep bombarding KFC... Now this is not discussion or sharing of information, but SPAMMING.

Person B says KFC is good, and she went to every food discussion thread to sing praise about KFC fried chicken, and condemn forumers with differerent experience... This is also SPAMMING.

A forum is for different people to share their views and experience openly, NOT to enforce their views or values on others.

• Praise 9
  • Haha! 2

On 10/4/2019 at 2:06 PM, Kia7200 said:

Not really. U must compare the price they bought too

Example if they bought their elegant at 115k to 120k Vs XXX brand who bought their car at 90k to 100k. Of course their price in used car market r higher. Must calculate must much they lose during the period of ownership

I find it's important to educate ppl the truth. Not heresay or tiagong. 

Why must calculate till so detail, does it mean that those who bought mercedes and BMW do not know the maths ? If cannot afford new car yet still want to drive, just drive COE car like me .

• Haha! 1

43 minutes ago, Ct3833 said:

Why must calculate till so detail, does it mean that those who bought mercedes and BMW do not know the maths ? If cannot afford new car yet still want to drive, just drive COE car like me .

It's not abt calculative

I'm trying to say that the actual way to see whether a car have better resale value is comparing how much u lose during a ownership of a car or the yearly dep of a car, not the list price of a used car. Don't be surprise many buyers don't know abt this

1 hour ago, Carbon82 said:

It is better for me to make it clear in case anyone started to get confused with the forum rules.

Spamming is not about saying bad things about a particular brand / model / product, etc., excessive promoting can get you into trouble as well, so @Kia7200 you should get the point right. Let me use the following example:

Person A says KFC is bad, and he went to every food discussion thread to condemn about KFC fried chicken, and while other forumers have different experience, Person A keep bombarding KFC... Now this is not discussion or sharing of information, but SPAMMING.

Person B says KFC is good, and she went to every food discussion thread to sing praise about KFC fried chicken, and condemn forumers with differerent experience... This is also SPAMMING.

A forum is for different people to share their views and experience openly, NOT to enforce their views or values on others.

Not sure y u neer to quote me.

Many times I have correct members for spreading their wrong information.

Things like Altis is top selling model, good FC or maybe good resale value. They either really don't know or they r some SE.

So assuming the same guy who created a thread or keep posting same wrong information and I have to repeating quote him n correct him. So who is the one spamming? Pls don't give a politically right answer 

2 minutes ago, Kia7200 said:

Things like Altis is top selling model, good FC or maybe good resale value. They either really don't know or they r some SE.

So assuming the same guy who created a thread or keep posting same wrong information and I have to repeating quote him n correct him. So who is the one spamming? Pls don't give a politically right answer 

Which guys provide wrong altis info?

58 minutes ago, Kia7200 said:

No politically right answer needed, but the exact words you have posted.

NhA3fGj.png

• Praise 6

actually resale value is quite subjective. a person bought an altis at 10k/annum depre then sell/trade it in at 8k/annum vs a person whom bought an altis at 9k/annum depre will still sell/trade it in at 8k/annum or even lesser. 

altis bought in 15/16/17 with crazy high coe cost at least 115k while altis bought in 18/19 with lower coe cost less than 100k. resale value end of the day will still be the same at depre xxxx/annum regardless of how much you bought car for.  

agree with kia7200 on this cause alot of people dont realise this point when they buy a car. end of the day, the biggest winner is still BM cause they earn from the mark up and they wont bother about resale value. 

On 12/16/2019 at 4:29 PM, ferrytales said:

actually resale value is quite subjective. a person bought an altis at 10k/annum depre then sell/trade it in at 8k/annum vs a person whom bought an altis at 9k/annum depre will still sell/trade it in at 8k/annum or even lesser. 

altis bought in 15/16/17 with crazy high coe cost at least 115k while altis bought in 18/19 with lower coe cost less than 100k. resale value end of the day will still be the same at depre xxxx/annum regardless of how much you bought car for.  

agree with kia7200 on this cause alot of people dont realise this point when they buy a car. end of the day, the biggest winner is still BM cause they earn from the mark up and they wont bother about resale value. 

Glad u understood. 

Example

To others

2015 Altis - $70k

2015 Elantra  - $58k

Equal to Altis high resale value

↡ Advertisement