AltisOwner

41 minutes ago, Kia7200 said:

Glad u understood. 

Example

To others

2015 Altis - $70k

2015 Elantra  - $58k

Equal to Altis high resale value

Actually others who think that it equate to higher resale value is not wrong ar.

$70k> $58k right?

You mock/laugh at others paying $15k more for a Toyota altis compare to a Korean make.

So people tell u their altis can fetch let say $12k more (using ur example above) when they sell their car in 4-5 years time.

Not wrong ar.

They didn't really pay $15k more for a Toyota due to the higher resale value which they could recoup if they sell it off in 4-5 years time.

Edited by Derf8988

28 minutes ago, Derf8988 said:

Actually others who think that it equate to higher resale value is not wrong ar.

$70k> $58k right?

You mock/laugh at others paying $15k more for a Toyota altis compare to a Korean make.

So people tell u their altis can fetch let say $12k more (using ur example above) when they sell their car in 4-5 years time.

Not wrong ar.

They didn't really pay $15k more for a Toyota due to the higher resale value which they could recoup if they sell it off in 4-5 years time.

not true mate. check this out, altis and elantras both registered in oct 2016.

altis selling 65k at ard 8.1k depre and elantra selling 59k at 7.6k depre. lets work with the assumption the car was bought around august 2016 period and price listed for altis was 117k and elantra s at 102k. 

price list for toyota: Toyota Price List for early aug 2016

price list for hyundai: Hyundai Price List for early aug 2016

loss for altis: paid 15k more but lost 52k.

loss for elantra: paid 15k lesser but lost only 44k.

where is the recouping part and lets not forget dealers probably took in the altis at mid 50k and elantra at high 40k or low 50k? est profit margin for dealers around 5k to 10k minimum so the lost for the altis owner is definitely way more than the elantra owner regardless of the trade in price and it cant be recouped. its only fair to say it MIGHT be easier to sell off the altis than the elantra but may not be factually right to claim that it can be recouped. 

who lost more? i think that was the point kia7200 was trying to make about the assumed resale value of toyotas. 

altis.JPG

elantra.JPG

Edited by ferrytales

2 minutes ago, ferrytales said:

altis selling 65k at ard 8.1k depre and elantra selling 59k at 7.6k depre. lets work with the assumption the car was bought around august 2016 period and price listed for altis was 117k and elantra s at 102k. 

where is the recouping part and lets not forget dealers probably took in the altis at mid 50k and elantra at high 40k or low 50k? est profit margin for dealers around 5k to 10k minimum. 

who lost more? i think that was the point kia7200 was trying to make about the assumed resale value of toyotas. 

altis.JPG

elantra.JPG

well. the figures I used was based on his example given.

We are talking about higher resale value right? not value for money right or lower depreciation right?

let's use your example then.

Altis @ $66k >  Elantra $59k right? so that's equate to higher resale value right?

Even if it is $7k difference.. so that means I didn't actually pay that much more for a Altis right if I sell it off in 4-5 years time right?

Mathematically wise.. if i sell it.. i will get $7k more compared to an elantra due to the higher resale value right? so others are not wrong to say about the higher resale value.

44 minutes ago, Derf8988 said:

$70k> $58k right?

Not wrong ar.

No. There r few errors in ur post.

1.The price diff if I'm NV remember wrongly is more than 15k in 2016

Altis elegance is 120k Vs Elantra S trim 97k

2. I'm trying burst the myths abt this legendary car. Firstly is the top seller, secondly good FC n thirdly the high resale value. Not mock or laugh, n pls don't put in my mouth.

37 minutes ago, ferrytales said:

where is the recouping part and lets not forget dealers probably took in the altis at mid 50k and elantra at high 40k or low 50k? est profit margin for dealers around 5k to 10k minimum so the lost for the altis owner is definitely way more than the elantra owner regardless of the trade in price and it cant be recouped. its only fair to say it MIGHT be easier to sell off the altis than the elantra but may not be factually right to claim that it can be recouped. 

altis.JPG

elantra.JPG

Bro u got it

I remember the 2016 aug price quite clearly because me n my neighbor r looking for car. He bought  Elantra S trim for 97k n Altis was selling for 120k. And this is excluding the term n conditions u have to comply when u purchase a car from BM Vs komocco. Like min loan , in house loan n insurance

In 3yrs plus Altis lose 55k Vs Elantra lose 38k

Excluding dealers comm n higher interest rate. Not sure why they find it a high resale value.

14 hours ago, Kia7200 said:

No. There r few errors in ur post.

1.The price diff if I'm NV remember wrongly is more than 15k in 2016

Altis elegance is 120k Vs Elantra S trim 97k

2. I'm trying burst the myths abt this legendary car. Firstly is the top seller, secondly good FC n thirdly the high resale value. Not mock or laugh, n pls don't put in my mouth.

1. Ferrytales has already posted the Toyota and Hyundai price list in early Aug 2016 which shows ~$15k difference and you still want argue with your "if I nv remember wrongly figures or tiagong figures from your neighbour'.

Anyway, I googled the definition of resale value and it is define as " the price which something can achieve when sold in the future".

$58k>$70k right? $66k > $59k right? people are not wrong when they says altis resale value is higher than elantra.

2. I am amused how you can twist your words & claimed you never mock at others.  Mock become burst the myth.. Spamming become correct/educate others. Anyway.. I managed to find some of your posting in 3 different threads - Toyota related, Subaru impreza & mazda thread.

Please note that no one was mentioning Toyota in both impreza/mazda 3 thread when you drag Toyota in with a dig.

Did I put word in your mouth? I shall rest my case here and leave it to others to decide is this mocking/spamming or correcting/bursting the myth. 

Capture 2.JPG

Capture 4.JPG

Capture 5.JPG

Edited by Derf8988
  • Praise 4
  • Haha! 1

15 hours ago, Kia7200 said:

Bro u got it

I remember the 2016 aug price quite clearly because me n my neighbor r looking for car. He bought  Elantra S trim for 97k n Altis was selling for 120k. And this is excluding the term n conditions u have to comply when u purchase a car from BM Vs komocco. Like min loan , in house loan n insurance

In 3yrs plus Altis lose 55k Vs Elantra lose 38k

Excluding dealers comm n higher interest rate. Not sure why they find it a high resale value.

just let it be, some people tend to live in denial and its not wrong either to claim that altis has a higher resale value too cause the final amount is indeed higher anyway.

some forget that they actually paid more to begin with so end of the day, the loss is much greater. people will always want to hear only the good things. 

2 hours ago, ferrytales said:

just let it be, some people tend to live in denial and its not wrong either to claim that altis has a higher resale value too cause the final amount is indeed higher anyway.

some forget that they actually paid more to begin with so end of the day, the loss is much greater. people will always want to hear only the good things. 

Base on his logic, conti cars also have high resale value lo.

Ya true. Just let them be

Just heard from a Toyota SE that test drive is not allowed as per Toyota Asia’s instruction to only launch in Jan 2020.              

There are a number of Altis already registered n on the road thus he admits it’s kind of silly for not allowing test drive when the car already on the road but no choice as per the principal. Those who booked obviously didn’t test drive the car goes to show their faith in Altis. 

• Praise 7

2 hours ago, Spring said:

Just heard from a Toyota SE that test drive is not allowed as per Toyota Asia’s instruction to only launch in Jan 2020.              

There are a number of Altis already registered n on the road thus he admits it’s kind of silly for not allowing test drive when the car already on the road but no choice as per the principal. Those who booked obviously didn’t test drive the car goes to show their faith in Altis. 

Maybe they wanna make potential buyers excited 

8 hours ago, Spring said:

Well, they  (some) could might as well have test drove it in MY, given that MY is a stone throw away.

Fair enough, given that only some trim differences and a slightly larger engine wont exactly change the recipe much.

But as what you say, i believe most actually bought without test driving it.

Edited by Brass

Anyone receive a fuel pump recall letter from BM? It states that there is a fuel pump manufacturing defect on certain batches of Gen 11.5. The fuel pumps may include impellers which have been manufactured with lower density. Cracking may occur. 

19 hours ago, Raubern said:

Anyone receive a fuel pump recall letter from BM? It states that there is a fuel pump manufacturing defect on certain batches of Gen 11.5. The fuel pumps may include impellers which have been manufactured with lower density. Cracking may occur. 

My one also gen 11.5 but did not receive any letter, I bought around end Nov 2017.

Which batch is yours?

On 5/5/2021 at 7:00 PM, Wlbwlb said:

My one also gen 11.5 but did not receive any letter, I bought around end Nov 2017.

Which batch is yours?

Mine is Feb 2019

↡ Advertisement