Resigning and using leave to offset notice period

Doppel

Supercharged

It was bad because we cannot expect Big Boss to intervene every time Female Boss acts up, which was a weekly kind of thing. And the Big Boss was also too weak to right the wrongs that she did, she was well known to go to war with everyone who opposed her. Once during a thrash out session with me, she was rude to Big Boss with me witnessing, the Big Boss though angry did not stop her. And my appraisals and promotion did suffer as a result, because even the Big Boss will give in to her. I was promoted shortly after I changed unit.

From that episode, I learnt that 'what doesn't kill you, will make you stronger'.

Glad to know that you had emerged stronger :) When the situation was that bad time at that time, didn’t anybody in her department report or whistle blow her insanity to HR? Was she so indispensable to the company?

There was a VP in my company who would hurl vulgarities to his staff in the daily operation meetings when things did not go his ways. Many complained to HR and he was removed from the position. He left the company subsequently but when he rejoins at a lower position, he becomes a much more pleasant person to work with.

↡ Advertisement

Glad to know that you had emerged stronger :) When the situation was that bad time at that time, didn’t anybody in her department report or whistle blow her insanity to HR? Was she so indispensable to the company?

There was a VP in my company who would hurl vulgarities to his staff in the daily operation meetings when things did not go his ways. Many complained to HR and he was removed from the position. He left the company subsequently but when he rejoins at a lower position, he becomes a much more pleasant person to work with.

She has been like that for a long time I heard. When I joined the department, there were 2 other new colleagues who joined at the same time. Her department had a high turnover. Later then I knew from the more senior staff that those who left either clashed badly with her or forced to leave by her.

She is not indispensable to the company just that none of the big bosses want to handle her. To remove someone, gotta build up a strong case. Not that easy. Moreover she is a scheming person.

Thinking back about it, she must be very insecure because she told one of our bosses that I was there to take her place, just because I gave some suggestions to improve things within the department. She favours 'yes women' (our department all female) and bootlickers who don't give good ideas nor produce quality work, as long as a subordinate follows whatever she says and don't make her feel threatened, that person will be safe.  

I've left that department for 5 years and she is still there. Now my ex-colleague ganna the same treatment from her, she will openly criticise her work and performance in front of the whole department, scold her in front of other colleagues on many occasions (eg. she stand beside a printer, not using it, my colleague go and use it, she scold my colleague 'no manners' and stomp off). And this ex-colleague of mine is well-known for being hardworking and producing quality work. 

Another good thing that came out from that episode with this crazy woman is that I am now leading my own team and I constantly remind myself not to be like her. I treat people with respect, I don't even allow them to call me 'boss'. I am open to ideas and give my team members the platforms to shine. When my team members point out things that I overlooked I thank them, when things go well I give my team members the credit and when problems occur, I assume accountability. So far things are working out well. I must thank that woman for being a bad example of leader, because of her, I am at least a better leader. ;)

• Praise 1

She has been like that for a long time I heard. When I joined the department, there were 2 other new colleagues who joined at the same time. Her department had a high turnover. Later then I knew from the more senior staff that those who left either clashed badly with her or forced to leave by her.

She is not indispensable to the company just that none of the big bosses want to handle her. To remove someone, gotta build up a strong case. Not that easy. Moreover she is a scheming person.

Thinking back about it, she must be very insecure because she told one of our bosses that I was there to take her place, just because I gave some suggestions to improve things within the department. She favours 'yes women' (our department all female) and bootlickers who don't give good ideas nor produce quality work, as long as a subordinate follows whatever she says and don't make her feel threatened, that person will be safe.

I've left that department for 5 years and she is still there. Now my ex-colleague ganna the same treatment from her, she will openly criticise her work and performance in front of the whole department, scold her in front of other colleagues on many occasions (eg. she stand beside a printer, not using it, my colleague go and use it, she scold my colleague 'no manners' and stomp off). And this ex-colleague of mine is well-known for being hardworking and producing quality work.

Another good thing that came out from that episode with this crazy woman is that I am now leading my own team and I constantly remind myself not to be like her. I treat people with respect, I don't even allow them to call me 'boss'. I am open to ideas and give my team members the platforms to shine. When my team members point out things that I overlooked I thank them, when things go well I give my team members the credit and when problems occur, I assume accountability. So far things are working out well. I must thank that woman for being a bad example of leader, because of her, I am at least a better leader. ;)

You dont happen to work in Changi Business Park, do you?

Maybe you can run a team of Data Entry Clerks on top of the regular team that you are already leading?

Hypersonic

i think life cannot juz be about making money... and then dying eventually...

i did a six month stint alone in HK abt 5~6yrs ago... worst 6mths of my life.. work.. go home .. face 4 walls.. use computer MSN to talk to wife... f**king lonely...

cantonese not even fantastic...

ps.. i took a pay cut to stay in sgp when my old company wanted me to do it again.. but this time is no return date.. i said thanks but no thanks... money can make using other avenues... personal life... priceless...

If Bangkok I dun mind

But HK no way.

:D

You dont happen to work in Changi Business Park, do you?

Maybe you can run a team of Data Entry Clerks on top of the regular team that you are already leading?

Nope I work in Jurong. My team runs programmes on top of other work that we are doing. :)

(edited)

Nope I work in Jurong. My team runs programmes on top of other work that we are doing. :)

Ok lor.....

I thought i hv chance to hv a nice team leader.

Edited by Throttle2
↡ Advertisement