Alfa 159 Part IX (Any Alfa discussion also welcomed)

G_mann

Anyone knows if 330mm*28mm is the correct dimensions for 159 QV front brake disc?

What about the rear?

Front is 330 ventilated.

Rear not sure but it's solid

different from the 3.2's!!

Hi Hexy, I am interested in yoir Novitec exhaust.

PM him to deal ba

↡ Advertisement

Hi Hexy, I am interested in yoir Novitec exhaust.

The asking price is 800 cash and carry, comes with cert.

Sounds very nice, PM me for more details :)

Morning folks.....This morning after driving to a cafe. Was about to drive off to another location

1. Start engine

2. Engine sputtering 

3. Feel like it is going to die out

4. No power

5. Restart 2 times (similar) 

Anyone experience the following before? Another kaching .....$140 for towing fee ...lol

Dirty EGR / Dirty Cat flow ?

Edited by Sunburnsam

Morning folks.....This morning after driving to a cafe. Was about to drive off to another location

1. Start engine

2. Engine sputtering

4. No power

Anyone experience the following before? Another kaching .....$140 for towing fee ...lol

Low fuel pressure, dirty tb, faulty maf sensor.. Etc

If you are driving Alfa, you need AA membership. Free towing :)

Low fuel pressure, dirty tb, faulty maf sensor.. Etc

If you are driving Alfa, you need AA membership. Free towing :)

This year.....baby has been really good....was expecting a smooth ending to the year but Baby decided to throw tantrums again.

Tx for the tips will check out. Hopefully no expensive repairs!

last Servicing in Aug already cleaned the TB and MAF. will ask the garage to check on the low fuel pressure issue

amazing how in the morning 0745hrs was ok......drive again at 0830 ......broke down

Cheers

1. Start engine

2. Engine sputtering 

4. No power

Fuel Pump dying... or dead liao

• Praise 1

1. Start engine

2. Engine sputtering 

4. No power

very expensive towing. I can intro you one for below $70

• Praise 1

Fuel Pump dying... or dead liao

Sigh...Lmeng69 spot on......it was a faulty fuel pump. It was just changed last year Sept and now it kaput which makes no logic at all. 

Another $7xx gone + no stock for a 3.2 fuel pump 

My fuel pump also went dead suddenly 3mths ago.

Car was stuck at suntec basement carpark on a Sat night. No signs of dying pump before that.

Actually awd don't really need a flatbed. The usual tow trucks have a trolley for the rear wheels.

Sigh...Lmeng69 spot on......it was a faulty fuel pump. It was just changed last year Sept and now it kaput which makes no logic at all.

Another $7xx gone + no stock for a 3.2 fuel pump

No warranty?

My car was jerking for a week or so like someone kicking the driver seat before the pump died in June this year.

2nd one in 4 yrs.

So now I am monitoring for similar feeling each time

Part of Alfa ownership ba. #becausealfa

Anybody keen in my Novitec kit (front spoiler and side skirts)? Dekitting it from my car also. Asking for 500! Cracks on the front spoiler though.

No warranty?

My car was jerking for a week or so like someone kicking the driver seat before the pump died in June this year.

2nd one in 4 yrs.

So now I am monitoring for similar feeling each time

Part of Alfa ownership ba. #becausealfa

#becausealfa ......but replacing a brand new fuel pump ($780 for a 3.2l) after 1 yr is really . . . . . . .

There must be a reason why the fuel pumps in Alfa is so "weak". Furthermore, in SG the fuel are clean and I use 95 min + no JB pump.

Maybe I should be more discipline and avoid going on low fuel until the Yellow Fuel Light Indicator (some says makes the fuel pump work harder ...wear out easily) 

By the way, found from overseas that this IVOK store in China (with quite good ratings) is selling an OEM equivalent pump at 1/4 the price. Anyone tried this shop before?

https://www.aliexpress.com/store/product/Fuel-Pump-Module-Assembly-For-Alfa-Romeo-55601673-A2C53088261-6443693/1702308_32670994385.html

My fuel pump also went dead suddenly 3mths ago.

Car was stuck at suntec basement carpark on a Sat night. No signs of dying pump before that.

Actually awd don't really need a flatbed. The usual tow trucks have a trolley for the rear wheels.

Yep...they still charge a bit more than normal using the extra rear wheels.

Edited by Sunburnsam

#becausealfa ......but replacing a brand new fuel pump ($780 for a 3.2l) after 1 yr is really . . . . . . .

There must be a reason why the fuel pumps in Alfa is so "weak". Furthermore, in SG the fuel are clean and I use 95 min + no JB pump.

Maybe I should be more discipline and avoid going on low fuel until the Yellow Fuel Light Indicator (some says makes the fuel pump work harder ...wear out easily)

By the way, found from overseas that this IVOK store in China (with quite good ratings) is selling an OEM equivalent pump at 1/4 the price. Anyone tried this shop before?

https://www.aliexpress.com/store/product/Fuel-Pump-Module-Assembly-For-Alfa-Romeo-55601673-A2C53088261-6443693/1702308_32670994385.html

Yep...they still charge a bit more than normal using the extra rear wheels.

Oh. Good idea to pump at half tank.

Word on the street is that our fuel pump is cooled by the petrol.

So keep it submerged and cooled ba

I been using 98 since the new pump..

↡ Advertisement