How do you download your photos ?

Ysc3

Twincharged

recently my company bought 10 digital cameras for our work use.

however, all the sets did not come with the USB transfer cable. (mini usb type)

so i emailed the manufacturer and a lady called me today.

she told me that due to overwhelming feedback from consumers, they no longer ship their digital cameras with the usb cables.

and the feedback was that consumers preferred to open up the battery cover and remove the sdcard and then download the pics using their computer or card reader, rather than plugging the usb cable between their computer and camera.

so what is your preferred way of d/l your digital camera pics ?

i told her that if i were to do that, i will be changing cameras very often as the battery cover will break or come loose more frequent too !

↡ Advertisement

What brand ? I thought the cable should be quite standard.

But to your question. I'm like those customers, prefer to take out the SD card and slot it in the built in card reader. Faster transfer. Despite my preference, I still feel the cable should be standard as sometimes we need to update firmware.

Hypersonic

I have at least 10 of those cables lying around. Hardly use. Very cheap to buy one also.

Me also take out SD card to transfer pictures because card reader transfer faster than from cam.

• Praise 2

I prefer wifi transfer. Wireless.

Can download photos to phone. Use phone to remote control camera. Wirelessly connects to laptop or PC.

Edited by Watwheels

I don't like to take out the SD card. So prefer to use USB cable transfer. Now the cam I download or view the most is the car dashcam. Take photos usually use hp.

• Praise 2

For me usb wire

Because I am too stingy to buy a $10 cf card reader :grin:

• Praise 2

Twincharged

I prefer to take the SD card out to transfer. Faster. Through the cable, always got to install drivers and then the transfer always seem slower also.

The cover won't spoil so easily la. My uncle who does wedding photography changes the cards and batteries a few times during each event. The cameras still last 2-3 years easily.

The USB cable connections aren't standard for all cameras.

My latest camera Casio ??? has a different connection to the two Canon and one Fuji which have the same connection.

I don't have a card reader.

Edited by Neutrino

I didn't know that consumers have such a strong urge to feedback or complain if cam maker includes USB cable or more accessories in their standard packing? :XD:

For me and most people, we will just chuck away if not using. Nobody will take the trouble to feedback on those extra accessories and parts.

recently my company bought 10 digital cameras for our work use.

however, all the sets did not come with the USB transfer cable. (mini usb type)

so i emailed the manufacturer and a lady called me today.

she told me that due to overwhelming feedback from consumers, they no longer ship their digital cameras with the usb cables.

and the feedback was that consumers preferred to open up the battery cover and remove the sdcard and then download the pics using their computer or card reader, rather than plugging the usb cable between their computer and camera.

so what is your preferred way of d/l your digital camera pics ?

i told her that if i were to do that, i will be changing cameras very often as the battery cover will break or come loose more frequent too !

• Praise 1

I didn't know that consumers have such a strong urge to feedback or complain if cam maker includes USB cable or more accessories in their standard packing? :XD:

For me and most people, we will just chuck away if not using. Nobody will take the trouble to feedback on those extra accessories and parts.

Moi think is talk cock one

Ownself giam say is customer feedback

Twincharged

Moi think is talk cock one

Ownself giam say is customer feedback

i think so too... coz i chk their US site and the cable is still included in the package.... but here in SG, they tell me customers dun want ... so they remove it and to bring down the price of the package too.

↡ Advertisement