2017 2nd Generation Audi Q5

Vratenza

(edited)

Amazing gadgets in the car but drive like crap. Surprisingly Q3 has better road handling than the new Q5.

Edited by AFWE69
↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 2

Oh.. indeed, I was presented by my SE during signing off my first Audi last week. Starting for preview...

Your SE always love to whet people's appetites. 

Got the invite, curious abt the price but not in the mkt yet so not going down. But I Guess 200-210k. Anything more I think pple wil jus buy glc. Unless they bring in the 2.0tdi they would b interesting, the cevs would help make the Price competitive

Around 230k but quite well specced.

• Praise 2

is it S-Line package?

239k is the listed. Over trade / discount of 15 to 20k will be very competitive with GLC, where you get nothing.

(edited)

S line should be another 15k. Not yet released I guess. Power is same as Base Macan.

Q5 S Line would be a good option for poor man base Macan? Edited by Wt_know

(edited)

Q5 is $16K more ex than GLC? simi tai ji?

and Q5 is made in Mexico, no?

post-7984-0-62236400-1499923177_thumb.jpg

Edited by Wt_know

Discount / Overtrade should be around that difference. I thought what we are getting here is from Germany - not 100% sure though!

Q5 is $16K more ex than GLC? simi tai ji?

and Q5 is made in Mexico, no?

Yup, went to both 2-3  weeks back, the trade in of current car different by $15k, and OMV for Q5 is $2k-$3k higher, so the GLC's profit still higher I think.

Discount / Overtrade should be around that difference. I thought what we are getting here is from Germany - not 100% sure though!

• Praise 1

Premium auto's Q5 comes with sport trim, S line package is an additional 7k+ option.

However, you would still have to pay extra for the flat bottom steering wheel. It comes with the round S line steering wheel by default.

Same specs wise, GLC would still be around 8k more ex. I know cause I was comparing both end Apr and went the the latter.

With Q5, you have virtual cockpit, MMI+ and Apple carplay as default while GLC comes with Audio 20 and you'd have to add 9.9k alone for the Command Online.

End of the day, Tech and Engine specs, go Audi. Badge, comfort wise, go Merc. Reliability wise, just see your luck. lol

Subjective review:

http://www.autoexpress.co.uk/volvo/xc60/100434/volvo-xc60-vs-audi-q5-vs-mercedes-glc

Edited by CrimsonVertigo
  • Praise 4

is it S-Line package?

S-Line interior only at $1,666.00 and they can overtrade for $5k max.

Anybody took delivery of this Q5? Went to view the car last weekend and tested. Its 252hp/370Nm very good and 7speed smooth. Never own an Audi before, wondering how is Audi's resale value? Went over to Benz to see the GLC and its delivery is too long.

• Praise 1

S-Line interior only at $1,666.00 and they can overtrade for $5k max.

Anybody took delivery of this Q5? Went to view the car last weekend and tested. Its 252hp/370Nm very good and 7speed smooth. Never own an Audi before, wondering how is Audi's resale value? Went over to Benz to see the GLC and its delivery is too long.

Driving it for close to 2 months now, so far so good, very quiet and powerful ride. The only thing that I don't like is the little "click, clack" sound when it reach 40km/hr which there is vibration coming from the pedal as well.

Compare to GLC, this Q5 is more fun to drive with more gadget by default but I think the GLC will be more comfort, the Q5 suspension a bit more stiff, tested both before and choosed over Q5, due to GLC took too long to deliver, Q5's drive impress me and also the GLC interior almost identical to my previous ride.

The gadgets on the new Q5 are truly impressive. I test drive both the Q3 and Q5, strangely I found Q3 a lot more fun to drive than Q5. Q3 and the new VW Tiguan are both really fun cars to drive, handlings are very precise.

click clack sound -- [sweatdrop]

is this is due to stronic gearbox like the DSG?

Edited by Wt_know
↡ Advertisement