2017 2nd Generation Audi Q5

Vratenza

Driving it for close to 2 months now, so far so good, very quiet and powerful ride. The only thing that I don't like is the little "click, clack" sound when it reach 40km/hr which there is vibration coming from the pedal as well.

Compare to GLC, this Q5 is more fun to drive with more gadget by default but I think the GLC will be more comfort, the Q5 suspension a bit more stiff, tested both before and choosed over Q5, due to GLC took too long to deliver, Q5's drive impress me and also the GLC interior almost identical to my previous ride.

Thot C&C no test drive for the GLC?

click clack sound -- [sweatdrop]

is this is due to stronic gearbox like the DSG?

No lah. The 7-spd s-tronic shifts r very smooth.
↡ Advertisement

click clack sound -- [sweatdrop]

is this is due to stronic gearbox like the DSG?

Nope, they said is due to the dual clutch calibration and it's in all the new car like A4 and A5 as well, it's only happen when you first hit 40km/hr, not really noticeable most of the time but i'm quite particular about such noise.

Thot C&C no test drive for the GLC?

No lah. The 7-spd s-tronic shifts r very smooth.

They don't entertain walk in for test driving of GLC. I bought my Merc from them 3 years back and show interest in buying the GLC, hence test drive for both GLC and GLC coupe was allowed.

Nope, they said is due to the dual clutch calibration and it's in all the new car like A4 and A5 as well, it's only happen when you first hit 40km/hr, not really noticeable most of the time but i'm quite particular about such noise.

They don't entertain walk in for test driving of GLC. I bought my Merc from them 3 years back and show interest in buying the GLC, hence test drive for both GLC and GLC coupe was allowed.

Thought it is due to ABS? and the sound more of a 'chunk' 

• Praise 1

Maybe u saw the new Q5 but thot it was the old Q5 since it looks quite similar?.....LOL

sarcasm to the max [thumbsup]

just like BMW G30 and F10 ... muahahaha

sarcasm to the max [thumbsup]

just like BMW G30 and F10 ... muahahaha

Simi sarcastic? Audi designers sibei lazy bunch. Always cut n paste one

But honestly, when I was at the Audi showroom I asked my SE where they display the new Q5....and I was standing meters away from it. Lol

Edited by Soya

all the conti makes are too afraid to deviate from previous design template. but i know what i was looking for , because the new Q5 looks boring SLOL

but i saw one parked before. it looks good in the flesh

Maybe u saw the new Q5 but thot it was the old Q5 since it looks quite similar?.....LOL

Best if you Test drive all 3 and decide for yourself.

I can only say for q5 & glc, as I bought the latter last year.

I didn’t like the concept of Quattro ultra (unproven reliability), DCT (more maintenance cost compared to auto transmission), plastic dashboard, manual steeering adjustment. In audiworld, there are q5 owners complaining about rattling in the cabin/MMI plus issues. When I test drove it, the dct was more jerky and the steering is too light.

GLC ain’t perfect as well, the screen wipers jutter, screeching sounds when maneuvering at low speeds, lousier infotainment, non digital cockpit. Slower performance, fake leather (depends on your preference).

Price wise nothing much to differentiate. Just see what better deal you can get.

Edited by CrimsonVertigo

for look and comfort go with GLC

for electronics and gadgets go with Q5

for sheer driving pleasure go with X3

different car for different owner

to each his own [thumbsup]

Edited by Wt_know
  • Praise 1

during my test of all 3, my perception as follows

1. Q5 is the current iPAD Pro, with sunroof, virtual cockpit, very good driver cockpit design

2. X3 current version is the iPAD Air. pretty old school driver engagement stuff if you into that sorta thing

3. GLC is the older iPAD Air wrapped in luxurious leather cover. analogue dials, less power, no sunroof

i went for 1, best bang for buck, less bang for badge

• Praise 1

during my test of all 3, my perception as follows

1. Q5 is the current iPAD Pro, with sunroof, virtual cockpit, very good driver cockpit design

2. X3 current version is the iPAD Air. pretty old school driver engagement stuff if you into that sorta thing

3. GLC is the older iPAD Air wrapped in luxurious leather cover. analogue dials, less power, no sunroof

i went for 1, best bang for buck, less bang for badge

brochure_X3 xDrive30i M Sport_sgCarMart.pdf

Test drove the new q5 yesterday noon.

The VC is nice but.. overall doesn’t give me the urge to want to buy it.. like “wow i want this car badly”. When u really like a car, u’ll get this heart racing feel.. but didnt felt any with the Q5.

It drives & handles well..tamed even in dynamic mode.

Stable and yet boring. The engine was smoother than i thought. The new x3 x30 was much rougher when pushed.

Also they took off the pano roof and ambient lights for current batch and shaved off the price.

Edited by Rayoflight
↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1