Vratenza

Audi Q5 2017

Both the current Q5 and X3 look like the old model

The GLC is so “inaccessible”.....meaning C&C wait like shit or hv to go PI and become more religious

Waddabout XC60? E-Pace?

↡ Advertisement

I chose the Q5 over GLC when I was shopping for a mid sized SUV because GLC gear lever I can’t accept it (sorry), power delivery is smoother and more urgent in the Q5, handling is better though not perfect, compared to the GLC which had evidently more body roll. And of cuz, not ashamed to say, the price!

Had it for 2-3 months now, so far v happy.

(People who buy Audi.. don’t buy it for loud exciting looks over predecessor one lah. All copy & paste one)

• Praise 1

Dear Bro good morning

I am new to this forum.

I am considering to purchase the Q5 in the upcoming Motorshow and i would appreciate very much your wise comment (good or bad) to help me make a decision

Reliability issue

Service issue

Any others (be it good or bad)

Thank you very much for your kind help

Cheers

jccy

Curious to know why this thread is so dead compared to X3 and especially GLC thread!

Curious to know why this thread is so dead compared to X3 and especially GLC thread!

same as what u see on the roads, more glc and x3 compared to q5, haha

though i don't own any of them, i find q5's interior the best looking of all and that 252 hp engine come as base

↡ Advertisement

same as what u see on the roads, more glc and x3 compared to q5, haha

though i don't own any of them, i find q5's interior the best looking of all and that 252 hp engine come as base

That is quite true. Roads are flooded with GLC, family drives a NX now, but thinking of hopping over to German counterparts, in short- backside itchy. Hence combing through the forums to recce recce

That is quite true. Roads are flooded with GLC, family drives a NX now, but thinking of hopping over to German counterparts, in short- backside itchy. Hence combing through the forums to recce recce

i just saw volvo xc60 T6, 330hp, 400nm 

222k for management car. 

if u don't mind the brand, it's quite a good price to me

u will get base model for 222k in merc and bmw

Maybe also q5 did not go through a new generation after do many years? Singaporean novelty factor i guess?

Maybe also q5 did not go through a new generation after do many years? Singaporean novelty factor i guess?

new a5 was launched in 2017 but the exterior doesn't change much so i guess some thought its still the same q5

Merc didnt have a mid sized suv in sg until glc was launched. So confirm more novelty factor

i just saw volvo xc60 T6, 330hp, 400nm

222k for management car.

if u don't mind the brand, it's quite a good price to me

u will get base model for 222k in merc and bmw

Is it still available? Volvo listed on their website that xc60 mgt cars alr sold out?

new a5 was launched in 2017 but the exterior doesn't change much so i guess some thought its still the same q5

Merc didnt have a mid sized suv in sg until glc was launched. So confirm more novelty factor

I guess you are quite right too... This is a highly competitive segment of the market now... Merc seems to be edging out abit, but their new facelift is incoming, so buying outgoing model makes no sense... and after facelift will also come a complete redesign so still considering...

Is it still available? Volvo listed on their website that xc60 mgt cars alr sold out?

I guess you are quite right too... This is a highly competitive segment of the market now... Merc seems to be edging out abit, but their new facelift is incoming, so buying outgoing model makes no sense... and after facelift will also come a complete redesign so still considering...

I just saw it on volvo facebook for the xc60 mgmt car. Maybe u can try asking them.

Too bad my car is relatively now. 330hp hard to not like haha

At the listed price SGD229k not long ago, Audi Q5 doesn't come with the safety features like adaptive cruise control, lane assist, front collision system, etc. The audio system is also just the basic Audi audio system, not the B&O audio system. So for the same price, many ppl will rather go for GLC and X3. 

At the listed price SGD229k not long ago, Audi Q5 doesn't come with the safety features like adaptive cruise control, lane assist, front collision system, etc. The audio system is also just the basic Audi audio system, not the B&O audio system. So for the same price, many ppl will rather go for GLC and X3. 

My friend just got it for 210K with 3 years servicing, front and back camera 2 Sundays ago.

You are right, the equipment level are thereabout with the base models of GLC and X3.  No ambient lighting and 360 deg view cam too.  But the virtual cockpit and sound system is great and is much powerful than the other 2 brands' base models with similar pricing.  Best of all, was the car was delivered in 1 week.

• Praise 1

ya but base q5 comes in 252 hp and a beautiful virtual cockpit. closest in terms of power is glc250 at 211hp, or x3 30i whch cost a lot more.

both are not perfect, depends on what feature are more important to u

GLC is  beautifully shaped car, looks better tha the X6 to me.  In germany and switzerland can see a lot.  very well liked over there.

I did a preliminary shop around that started with Volvo to Audi to JLR to Merc and then BMW.

I would say that the interior of the Audi Q5 is top notch, but I really disliked the service. I am a very young fella, so I am guessing that the sales person didn’t take me seriously so for that I am unlikely to make Audi my next purchase because of its shite service.

And I was told there is an age minimum of 26 to test drive a car? That is the first time I ever hear that lol, what a load of crap.

I did a preliminary shop around that started with Volvo to Audi to JLR to Merc and then BMW.

I would say that the interior of the Audi Q5 is top notch, but I really disliked the service. I am a very young fella, so I am guessing that the sales person didn’t take me seriously so for that I am unlikely to make Audi my next purchase because of its shite service.

And I was told there is an age minimum of 26 to test drive a car? That is the first time I ever hear that lol, what a load of crap.

i encountered the same as you last month when i was there. it has been a month since she followed up with me. totally see me no up.

↡ Advertisement