Lexus Nuluxe

Dna_engine

Just put deposit for the NX200T Executive and found out that the seats are made using Nuluxe not real leather.

Read Mercedes uses Artico and BMW uses Sensatec in some models.

Does anyone know how to tell the difference between such material and real leather?

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

Supercharged

Just put deposit for the NX200T Executive and found out that the seats are made using Nuluxe not real leather.

Does anyone know how to tell the difference between such material and real leather?

Bro, if you are bothered just ask your SE to upgrade you to Luxury. I feel it is worth it for 15k more you get a ton of good stuff.

Nuluxe is soft feel and more comfortable, compared to Artico and Sensatec which are quite hard. But the "cow" prints more convincing in Artico/Sensatec. But still more hot and don't have some of the leather shiok feel. Which is more apparent because Lexus usually use quite a nice genuine leather with the skin patterns smoothened out. And lexus leather seats also all come with perforations with seat coolers.

But I am surprised SE did not brief you that Nuluxe is used... usually they are quite professional about making sure customers understand the various trim differentiators.

Edited by t0y0ta
  • Praise 1

You have done your job already. You better start feeling and appreciating good things about the model you booked. No negative thinking from now on!

• Praise 5

Bmw 2 AT also have synthetic leather

I think quite easy to differentiate, real leaher u press use ur finger, got wrinkle means real leather

• Praise 1

Bro, if you are bothered just ask your SE to upgrade you to Luxury. I feel it is worth it for 15k more you get a ton of good stuff.

Nuluxe is soft feel and more comfortable, compared to Artico and Sensatec which are quite hard. But the "cow" prints more convincing in Artico/Sensatec. But still more hot and don't have some of the leather shiok feel. Which is more apparent because Lexus usually use quite a nice genuine leather with the skin patterns smoothened out. And lexus leather seats also all come with perforations with seat coolers.

But I am surprised SE did not brief you that Nuluxe is used... usually they are quite professional about making sure customers understand the various trim differentiators.

Actually the SE was surprised I asked, he called it "man-made leather". He said usually people cannot tell the difference and the idea of PU scares Singaporeans that is why they do not highlight this. Anyway, car is for the wife and she cannot tell the difference, guess we will stick with Nuluxe and replace it with real leather locally if we hated it. Just puzzled how to tell the difference thats all.

Supercharged

Actually the SE was surprised I asked, he called it "man-made leather". He said usually people cannot tell the difference and the idea of PU scares Singaporeans that is why they do not highlight this. Anyway, car is for the wife and she cannot tell the difference, guess we will stick with Nuluxe and replace it with real leather locally if we hated it. Just puzzled how to tell the difference thats all.

If always wearing pants or long skirt is ok.... but if bare skin on nuluxe (shorts etc)... over long time will feel quite hot and sweaty.

If always wearing pants or long skirt is ok.... but if bare skin on nuluxe (shorts etc)... over long time will feel quite hot and sweaty.

Tink buy a pair of pants cheaper than reupholstering to leather....... [:p]

• Praise 1

You almost sounded like you work for Borneo.

Car is coming in end of the month - on top of paying extra, I will need to wait for the next shipment. Would actually prefer the F-Sport as it has better suspension. Again wife cannot tell the diff after testing both, so cannot do any value selling there.

Great feedback guys, will try to poke around other car seats to see if I can spot the difference.

Supercharged

You almost sounded like you work for Borneo.

Car is coming in end of the month - on top of paying extra, I will need to wait for the next shipment. Would actually prefer the F-Sport as it has better suspension. Again wife cannot tell the diff after testing both, so cannot do any value selling there.

Great feedback guys, will try to poke around other car seats to see if I can spot the difference.

I drive NX... that's why i know
  • Praise 1

Just want to chip in. This talk about real leather feel and hot or not.

I was told most real leather used in car seats are given a PU coating for protection. If they were not, they would wear much more easily.

This also means most of the leather cream care car, actually cant work since the top PU coat cant absorb them.

I drive NX... that's why i know

You are right, eventhough the Nuluxe feels softer than leather... it does not breath well in a hot day like today... Was feeling the heat when I drove this afternoon...

Lexus workmanship is first class; it'd probably be prudent to leave it as it as and not replace with locally fitted leather.

My two cents.

• Praise 6

Hi NX Owner,

Anyone of you has the White Ocher seats ? Is it easy to clean ? I like the color but afraid it will get stain easily if I do not attend to it immediately.

Aslo I am thinking of getting Sonic Titanium exterior and wonder if White Ocher interior will look nice with it or Saddle Tan will look better,

Thanks for advise.

Hi NX Owner,

Anyone of you has the White Ocher seats ? Is it easy to clean ? I like the color but afraid it will get stain easily if I do not attend to it immediately.

Aslo I am thinking of getting Sonic Titanium exterior and wonder if White Ocher interior will look nice with it or Saddle Tan will look better,

Thanks for advise.

Maintenance wise, my other car has white colour seats a bit like the White Ocher. As those are real leather, you will see stains over time even with monthly cleaning using a leather cleaner. Nuluxe does not breathe that well in hot days but since it is synthetic, I am guessing it will be more resistant to dirt.

As for colour, this is really a matter of preference. Sonic Titanium was my first choice but I like my interior contrasting to the body colour, so it will only be the black interior that looks quite boring. This is why I ended with Graphite Black and Topaz Brown interior. The Garnet interior is actually my preference but the queen decided Topaz Brown is more classic and she is always right. Not sure if I have helped but white body and white interior definitely not for me.

Maintenance wise, my other car has white colour seats a bit like the White Ocher. As those are real leather, you will see stains over time even with monthly cleaning using a leather cleaner. Nuluxe does not breathe that well in hot days but since it is synthetic, I am guessing it will be more resistant to dirt.

As for colour, this is really a matter of preference. Sonic Titanium was my first choice but I like my interior contrasting to the body colour, so it will only be the black interior that looks quite boring. This is why I ended with Graphite Black and Topaz Brown interior. The Garnet interior is actually my preference but the queen decided Topaz Brown is more classic and she is always right. Not sure if I have helped but white body and white interior definitely not for me.

Thank you for the reply. Yeah then I better not take the chance of getting White Ocher. Appreciate the reply.

Cheers !

You are right, eventhough the Nuluxe feels softer than leather... it does not breath well in a hot day like today... Was feeling the heat when I drove this afternoon...

Bo pian, just live with it. Too many airbags... I comtemplated and gave up idea of doing leather replacement because in user manual it mention vaguely that warranty may be void if not factory upholstry.

Bo pian, just live with it. Too many airbags... I comtemplated and gave up idea of doing leather replacement because in user manual it mention vaguely that warranty may be void if not factory upholstry.

Thank you for pointing this out, I am trying my best to tahan. I actually like alcantara better than leather, was hoping to change just the centre portion later but guess I have to check on my 1K servicing if Borneo will still honour the warranty if I just change parts of the upholstery.

Hey guys just wondering is Lexus a good luxury brand to buy? I heard people usually go for European luxury brands such as Mercedes Benz but I think Lexus can compete with mercedes in terms of performance though. Why is Lexus so unpopular?

↡ Advertisement