A Good Sales Person Or An Excellent Product

Yeobt

Supercharged

Do you believe that a good sales person can sell anything or an excellent product that could sell by itself even without a good sales person?

well, my company was looking to upgrade our company phone system. my boss already have something in mind and wanted to know

more about this particular brand. at the same time, my boss also wanted to compare other brands in the market. this is natural right?

so we started to call the phone sales dept and making appointments for them to meet us in our office. most of the sales person that

came to us are sincere with our biz and have a not too bad products too. but too bad, they were not what my boss wanted. so we

put them on a KIV file. we still haven't get to meet the sales person from the particular phone company my boss wanted after meeting

all the other phone sales person after 3 weeks. we were told that they can't schedule an appointment sooner becos they are too busy.

ok, then the sales man came after 3 weeks. a short presentation, blah blah, and he goes. the sales man doesn't seen to be interested

with our sales becos of our small office and the products are expensive. but my boss still decided to buy from him.

so, do you upgrade yourself to be a good sales person or upgrade the value of your product to close a deal? (can only choose one)

juz my thought. 

Edited by Yeobt
↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

Hypersonic

The answer is obvious. Your boss chose the product because that was what he wanted and it meets his requirements.

And obviously that product has something that other companies' product do not have. And also because of that, this chosen product is expensive.

And... if I have a product that other companies do not have, I price is higher. And... the salesman need only emphasize on that feature thus the short presentation.

And... finally :D ... the salesman do not have to bother whether you buy or not because he has a winning product.

[laugh]

• Praise 16

The product itself is the best sales person........ it sold itself to your boss without talking to him....... and it make your boss went through a presentation without him knowing it..........the person who went to your office is actually the order collector.......... he went there 3 weeks late because order collect buay hu......... [laugh] [laugh] [laugh]

Edited by Tianmo
  • Praise 9

It's like some supplies to maritime industry like life rafts and immersion suits. Your ship cannot sail without them. There are those few suppliers and even fewer providers who can service the life rafts. So....

Edited by Kangadrool
  • Praise 6

Reminds me of certain brand smartphone..... sell by itself.  [laugh]

i am also reminded of another ' product ', no physical form available, only can view from website. 

Cost hell lot of money, but every 2 or 3 weeks, still many people fighting over it.  [laugh]

• Praise 12

i am also reminded of another ' product ', no physical form available, only can view from website.

Cost hell lot of money, but every 2 or 3 weeks, still many people fighting over it. [laugh]

Wahahaaa good one!
  • Praise 6

I think your boss can get PIC grant lah. He must have got wind from his friend or whoever that buying a...(is it an IP PBX phone system?) can get grant. So even getting the most expensive system will look worthwhile.

Sales person must also be knowledgeable when it comes to such grants. Reminding customers that product expensive nevermind. [laugh]

• Praise 2

Hypersonic

Woah, I thought this is a not-simpur thread so I cum in see see rook rook  [laugh]

You think too much [laugh] [laugh]

• Praise 1

good proven product with long history and loyal customer speak louder than the salesperson, who needs to test drive a merc?

• Praise 6

A good product sells by itself without salesmen.

A mediocre product need a lot of salesmen to try hard to push it.

ideally, 

if a good sales person...can get biz as long the sales person is with the company

if excellent product, customer may continue to support product even if good sales person left the company

but actually

ai pi ai chi..best is sales charbo got tua liap ni 

• Praise 4

My wife's friend sells one of these must use products in his line.

He does sales but he doesn't do anything. People call him to ask him for quote and presentation. He just goes there and present. Then collect order ...

Edited by Lala81
↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 2