Things to be careful after PPS?

kcng

Yes. Both Ace Gt and 5D Solutions provides high quality foam wash, vacuum and application of Ceramic PRO SPORT as standard for all Ceramic PRO treated vehicles at a very competitive rate. 

Hi. U mean you apply Ceramic PRO Sport when you do a normal car wash?

↡ Advertisement

Hi. U mean you apply Ceramic PRO Sport when you do a normal car wash?

Hi,Yes. Its only for vehicles treated with Ceramic Pro 9H by our appointed applicators. Ceramic Pro Sport not only reduce water spots problems effectively. It cleans the coating and keep it in good condition at all times.

Hi,Yes. Its only for vehicles treated with Ceramic Pro 9H by our appointed applicators. Ceramic Pro Sport not only reduce water spots problems effectively. It cleans the coating and keep it in good condition at all times.

wow. ok. thanks for the prompt reply  :D

I did a ceramic coating recently and so far I've been washing with water only. The coating has reduced the dirt that stays on the car body. I was advised no need to wax anymore, so I'm not sure if it's ok to use car shampoo with wax inside, such as my usual Armorall car shampoo.

If anyone interested in ceramic coating, I can recommend you mine. Mobile service, unbeatable price. I'm crazy for waiting so long to get my car coated [hur]

I did a ceramic coating recently and so far I've been washing with water only. The coating has reduced the dirt that stays on the car body. I was advised no need to wax anymore, so I'm not sure if it's ok to use car shampoo with wax inside, such as my usual Armorall car shampoo.

If anyone interested in ceramic coating, I can recommend you mine. Mobile service, unbeatable price. I'm crazy for waiting so long to get my car coated [hur]

By right ur best using just normal shampoo and oh neutral one, then again they usually reccomend not to wax because when using the buffing cloth it removes the pps. If your buffing I don't see the harm but that's just me
  • Praise 5

By right ur best using just normal shampoo and oh neutral one, then again they usually reccomend not to wax because when using the buffing cloth it removes the pps. If your buffing I don't see the harm but that's just me

So I use water should be ok lah, ph = 6.5-7 = neutral  [laugh]

Now still look ok so let it be first, if start to have oily film then will use some normal car shampoo to wash. If the coating wear out then have to reapply liao, anyway nothing can last forever

• Praise 2

bro which shop did you do yours at?

• Praise 1

My coater told me just let the coating sit for next 12 hours after he hand over the car to me (it has already sat for a few hours in his workshop).....in the first place isn't the coating suppose to protect all these shits from our atmosphere? If it can't even tahan a simple car wash then this coating is useless....my last car was on CS2 paint protection (don't know what kind of coating was then)....after 7 years the white color paint still looks acceptable compare to many other same age car.....I went to car wash almost every month....sometime in machine wash like those Rainbow system in Malaysia....also like that :p

• Praise 1

I also did my car coating with happycar, unbeatable price but wash is not so meticulous, but for the pps on paintwork I have no complaints yet, just done so yet to know it's durability. Enterprising couple, motivates me to do similar startup too haha. But if no family commitment then ok lah.

Neutral Newbie

juz to clear up some doubts,

after nano coat (ceramic, glass, crystal, diamond etc) there is no issue with shampoo car wash or wipe down with microfiber towel. most car shampoo are PH neutral nowadays. microfiber or terry towels will not remove coating which had hardened into silica crystal, somewhat like those 'manicure nail paint'. 

During curing process the liquid turns into gel then solid crystal. it is best to avoid water contact. with infrared light it takes abt 2 hours to harden, without IR just leave it to cure under shelter depending on product recommended curing time (usually 6-8 hours). after curing it is ok to drive under rain and shine condition. best is to let the coating conditions itself for 1-2 weeks before attempting your 1st car wash. some will say this step is not necessary but is up to you. 

wax and sealant will not hurt nano coat, it will enhance the coating's shine and acts as a protective sacrificial layer to the weather.

the time consuming part of coating is not the application nor curing, it is the paint correction preparation which takes time to do. therefore at a biz point of view everybody loves doing new car as it shortens the time process & greater owner satisfaction. [:)]

4th Gear

juz to clear up some doubts,

after nano coat (ceramic, glass, crystal, diamond etc) there is no issue with shampoo car wash or wipe down with microfiber towel. most car shampoo are PH neutral nowadays. microfiber or terry towels will not remove coating which had hardened into silica crystal, somewhat like those 'manicure nail paint'.

During curing process the liquid turns into gel then solid crystal. it is best to avoid water contact. with infrared light it takes abt 2 hours to harden, without IR just leave it to cure under shelter depending on product recommended curing time (usually 6-8 hours). after curing it is ok to drive under rain and shine condition. best is to let the coating conditions itself for 1-2 weeks before attempting your 1st car wash. some will say this step is not necessary but is up to you.

wax and sealant will not hurt nano coat, it will enhance the coating's shine and acts as a protective sacrificial layer to the weather.

the time consuming part of coating is not the application nor curing, it is the paint correction preparation which takes time to do. therefore at a biz point of view everybody loves doing new car as it shortens the time process & greater owner satisfaction. [:)]

Was wondering if you could explain the difference between ceramic, glass and diamond coating? Are they the same thing, and just different brands use different terminology? Thanks

So can we actually wax the coating layer to provide additional protection?

Or it will do more harm than good?

↡ Advertisement