Things to be careful after PPS?

kcng

Hi all, would like to know what should I be careful after apply paint protection/coating? Something like should not wash the car for certain time till the coating settle??? Experience MCF bros please share some tips!!

I am worry what will happen if somehow heavy rain after I apply the coating? Especially it's rain often recently, and I park at OCP, not MSCP.

I damn unlucky that, every time right after I wax, sure will rain one, either the same day or the next day~ sigh.....

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

Shouldn't your applicator advise you after coating?[confused]

As you know, some businessman want to do business, he can say whatever you want to hear :) So I just want to do some "home work" before approach them.

Think he DIY

Not so advance myself :) Just try to do some home work first.

If rain just take microfibre cloth and dry it loh.

That's all? :) Heavy rain sometime just worst than you go car wash~ haha, especially rain at night.

• Praise 2

As you know, some businessman want to do business, he can say whatever you want to hear :) So I just want to do some "home work" before approach them.

That's all? :) Heavy rain sometime just worst than you go car wash~ haha, especially rain at night.

Shouldn't the PPS shop provide after sales service like wash & vacuum? They only interested in one time business?

At least the PPS shop I went to does. $10 for washing with their PPS products. additional $5 for vacuum.

• Praise 1

Shouldn't the PPS shop provide after sales service like wash & vacuum? They only interested in one time business?

At least the PPS shop I went to does. $10 for washing with their PPS products. additional $5 for vacuum.

I believe most of them do. My concern is I don't want end up to be the case that new applied coating being "damage" by the heavy rain (as I don't know will this happen or not), before it "settled", and need to re-apply, which I don't think it will be free.

Thus I just want to know will this case happened? or after applied the coat, it kind of settled immediately, and need not to worry heavy rain right after the application done.

Hope some experiences MCF bros able to share some tips :)

Hi all, would like to know what should I be careful after apply the Ceramic PRO PPS? Something like should not wash the car for certain time till the coating settle??? Experience MCF bros please share some tips!!

I am worry what will happen if somehow heavy rain after I apply the coating? Especially it's rain often recently, and I park at OCP, not MSCP.

I damn unlucky that, every time right after I wax, sure will rain one, either the same day or the next day~ sigh.....

Maybe let me share what I know abit, unlike spray painting after the lacquer layer is applied. It needs to stay dry and process are being fast-forwarded to allow the solvents to dissipate.

Similarly for coating, this process of "drying" are done with machines infrared heating on the surface to allow the coating to reach the optimum hardness. However because the microns added onto the lacquer is not significant.

I don't believe there is a need for any special handling process. Ultimately the "coatings" will subject to wear and tear. Waxing just prolong the life span.

Just my opinion.

• Praise 2

well...if it takes one or 2 days for the pps to dry off, perhaps you can consider parking at mscp for these one or two nights.

ultimately, pps is supposed to make it less troublesome for you to have a clean shiny car. protect the paint which is the job of the pps.

no need to protect the pps. 

• Praise 2
  • Haha! 1

well...if it takes one or 2 days for the pps to dry off, perhaps you can consider parking at mscp for these one or two nights.

ultimately, pps is supposed to make it less troublesome for you to have a clean shiny car. protect the paint which is the job of the pps.

no need to protect the pps.

Ya, if really like that then no choice, I just afraid half way home right after coating then start raining. Then really kns~ haha

Thanks for feedback.

I don't believe there is a need for any special handling process. Ultimately the "coatings" will subject to wear and tear. Waxing just prolong the life span.

Just my opinion.

Waxing probably just enhance the hydrophobic, gloss and for those who love baby butt smoothness feel..lol

I believe coatings have certain properties to release dirt or anything on its surface, meaning wax are unlikely to stay on it so i dont think it prolong the coating.

Shouldn't your applicator advise you after coating?[confused]

Hi,

Generally we always advice customers on after care.

Its good to do some homework. But guess you need to be fair to us with this public comment "some businessman want to do business, he can say whatever you want to hear"

If you are aware, after care are actually printed on the invoices of Ace Gt Pte Ltd. 5D Solutions Pte Ltd is working on it at the moment.

Yes. Both Ace Gt and 5D Solutions provides high quality foam wash, vacuum and application of Ceramic PRO SPORT as standard for all Ceramic PRO treated vehicles at a very competitive rate. 

• Praise 1

Hi,

Generally we always advice customers on after care.

Its good to do some homework. But guess you need to be fair to us with this public comment "some businessman want to do business, he can say whatever you want to hear"

If you are aware, after care are actually printed on the invoices of Ace Gt Pte Ltd. 5D Solutions Pte Ltd is working on it at the moment.

Yes. Both Ace Gt and 5D Solutions provides high quality foam wash, vacuum and application of Ceramic PRO SPORT as standard for all Ceramic PRO treated vehicles at a very competitive rate. 

There always good reputation shop and those who just want do 1-time business kind of shop out there, similarly there are good customers and nasty customers out there too. I believe I am fair enough to quote just "some" businessman, the jungle just too big, always got some bad bug inside. :) just my 2cents.

Anyway, for whoever interesting, based on my understanding so far, the ceramic coating need around 2 hours to settle after applied, during these 2 hours, please avoid heavy rain, if really so bad luck that you got hit by heavy rain right after the coating (kind of step out the shop, start thunder storm, haha), normally, those good reputation shop willing to repair for you FOC.

There always good reputation shop and those who just want do 1-time business kind of shop out there, similarly there are good customers and nasty customers out there too. I believe I am fair enough to quote just "some" businessman, the jungle just too big, always got some bad bug inside. :) just my 2cents.

Anyway, for whoever interesting, based on my understanding so far, the ceramic coating need around 2 hours to settle after applied, during these 2 hours, please avoid heavy rain, if really so bad luck that you got hit by heavy rain right after the coating (kind of step out the shop, start thunder storm, haha), normally, those good reputation shop willing to repair for you FOC.

Hi. Yes, agree on your point. Well, as the tread title was stated "Ceramic PRO" its rather sensitive for a tread starter to state "As you know, some businessman want to do business, he can say whatever you want to hear :) " I do hope where you are coming from. 

Just to clarify, not all "Ceramic" are the same. When customers collect their Ceramic PRO treated vehicles, they have been surfaced cured. Means rain will not affect, damage or destroy the coating. Than again, its good to keep the surface dry at all times. 

Ceramic PRO 9H is a strong layer and does not require re-application. 

Have a great evening ahead :)

Hi. Yes, agree on your point. Well, as the tread title was stated "Ceramic PRO" its rather sensitive for a tread starter to state "As you know, some businessman want to do business, he can say whatever you want to hear :) " I do hope where you are coming from. 

Just to clarify, not all "Ceramic" are the same. When customers collect their Ceramic PRO treated vehicles, they have been surfaced cured. Means rain will not affect, damage or destroy the coating. Than again, its good to keep the surface dry at all times. 

Ceramic PRO 9H is a strong layer and does not require re-application. 

Have a great evening ahead :)

I do apologise as I do not know "Ceramic PRO" is a registered trademark and it refer to just certain small group of merchants, I just through it is kind of common technological term for type of PPS only, which provided by most of the PPS merchants. Sorry for any unnecessary cause.

I do apologise as I do not know "Ceramic PRO" is a registered trademark and it refer to just certain small group of merchants, I just through it is kind of common technological term for type of PPS only, which provided by most of the PPS merchants. Sorry for any unnecessary cause.

i think ask mod change title to paint protection system ba.....

Hi bro, no worries. Just here to clear things up. 

:)

↡ Advertisement