What did you makan today? The 2nd story!

RadX

how about home made burger patties?

I think the main issue would be the nitrosamines used to preserve such minced food that goes bad more easily.

But personally i feel chewing a piece of meat is better than eating ground up meat any day. 

Just like it's been shown that fruit juices have zero health benefit vs eating the real fruit.

So eating a piece of sio bak is likely to be more healthy than buying prepacked bacon and frying it yourself  [laugh]

Another issue is overall red meat consumption. I think anyone who consumes more than 60-80gm of red meat a day is higher risk of getting colorectal cancer.

I eat beef burgers less often nowadays when i go out to eat.

Edited by Lala81
↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 5

chief jin happy peasant gain weight hor

[:/]

Keke...just kidding la

The dessert u had is super healthy, can help u grow black black shiny shiny hairs [:p]

today momo jiak chicken...........the jeepun soya sauce one....... [:p][laugh][laugh]

kfc.jpg

2nite go where shang yue [:p]

Leftover mooncake can donate to doggie

• Praise 10

Finally, after a few tries, quite happy with this result, light crispy on the outside, soft and puffy on the inside. Now I can make 100% wholemeal bread for the children, and wholegrain bread for myself. Is bye bye white bread now...LOL :XD:

Really could not help it, had a cheat meal with these for lunch, and one guilty old town hazelnut coffee... :grin:  

post-110097-0-00392900-1473919874_thumb.jpg

post-110097-0-20024600-1473919900_thumb.jpg

Edited by Nicfoo
  • Praise 19

Finally, after a few tries, quite happy with this result, light crispy on the outside, soft and puffy on the inside. Now I can make 100% wholemeal bread for the children, and wholegrain bread for myself. now is bye bye white bread...LOL :XD:

Really could not help it, had a cheat meal with these for lunch, and one guilty old town hazelnut coffee... :grin:  

attachicon.gifNFB1.jpg

attachicon.gifNFB2.jpg

great job. Breads are really marfan to make.

• Praise 2

Keke...just kidding la

The dessert u had is super healthy, can help u grow black black shiny shiny hairs [:p]

is it?

ya ya i need that....fat and balding

[bigcry]

• Praise 2

Thanks bro. I don't have a bread machine, all hand made, quite time consuming but worth the while. Can pass some to you for tasting if you interested...LOL :grin:

The good thing is we get to control what goes into the bread, and that's my main objective...LOL :XD:

Thanks bro. I don't have a bread machine, all hand made, quite time consuming but worth the while. Can pass some to you for tasting if you interested...LOL :grin:

The good thing is we get to control what goes into the bread, and that's my main objective...LOL :XD:

wanted to get a bread maker but i decided i had no time to keep preparing breads. And the shelf life is also very short. My kids still small, not big eaters yet.

wanted to get a bread maker but i decided i had no time to keep preparing breads. And the shelf life is also very short. My kids still small, not big eaters yet.

yup, no point if you cannot finish them, shelf life is real short, end up wasting food. I have 3 kids and they are a lot older than yours, all finish in 2 days, nothing left...LOL

I usually start around 7-8pm, and finish by 11-11.30pm, in between i do my work while the dough is rising. I have gone through your stage with young children, tiring and always trying to find time, so this is not for you yet..LOL :XD:

Edited by Nicfoo
  • Praise 2

I had try 2x and not successful. Always hard and dry.

Able to make the cake but not bread.

• Praise 1

No offence n kudos to those who tried but Bread maker bread somehow not exactly the same as those from confectionery but I agree with bro @nicfoo that you get to control what's inside and obviously healthier.

They say healthy food not as nice as sinful food which I have to agree haha [:p]

• Praise 6

Bro, 2x only and you gave up, I tired about 4-5 times before I finally get these...LOL :XD:

I think if it is hard, it could be not enough yeast/ yeast did not activate, or too much flour. With the machine you won't be able to tell, but handmade we can see and feel how the dough feel and look like before and after the rise. In fact roughly can tell the outcome already.

To ensure the bread is moist inside and light crispy outside, place a cup of hot water inside the oven. The steam will create a humid environment so the bread will be moist inside. Cover the bread once the top turn brown, to prevent burning and getting to dry.

Butter after baked or egg the surface before final rise, otherwise high chance of breaking the dough and CO2 escape, then bread become in between cookie and bread...LOL

try again?...LOL :grin:

• Praise 1

Bro, 2x only and you gave up, I tired about 4-5 times before I finally get these...LOL :XD:

I think if it is hard, it could be not enough yeast/ yeast did not activate, or too much flour. With the machine you won't be able to tell, but handmade we can see and feel how the dough feel and look like before and after the rise. In fact roughly can tell the outcome already.

To ensure the bread is moist inside and light crispy outside, place a cup of hot water inside the oven. The steam will create a humid environment so the bread will be moist inside. Cover the bread once the top turn brown, to prevent burning and getting to dry.

Butter after baked or egg the surface before final rise, otherwise high chance of breaking the dough and CO2 escape, then bread become in between cookie and bread...LOL

try again?...LOL :grin:

I don't use machine.

My one is hand made.

My bread taste like cookie and bread.

Edited by Tohto
  • Praise 1

No offence n kudos to those who tried but Bread maker bread somehow not exactly the same as those from confectionery but I agree with bro @nicfoo that you get to control what's inside and obviously healthier.

They say healthy food not as nice as sinful food which I have to agree haha [:p]

I agree machine made can hardly get close because of the control, but handmade should get as close as 70%, the different maybe the oven pro bakeries use are different from our consumer end products. We likely don't have features of what they have, and the little tricks know only to the master themselves.

I don't know if it is correct that healthy food not as nice as sinful food, but I do think that it is because of the prolong heavy taste we are exposed to, which cause our taste bud to forget about what taste actually is. So we ended up thinking nice food must  be very tasty...LOL

If you remove all the MSG, heavy sugar, salt, and all those sauces from the sinful food, leaving only the base food, suddenly the sinful food is not any nice anymore...LOL

• Praise 6

I don't use machine.

My one is hand made.

My bread taste like cookie and bread.

Just to share, I had a batch ended up taste like bread but look like cookie, or should I say look like tau sar piah taste like bread but feel like malay kuay...LOL :grin:

That batch i made the mistake of not kneading for 1st rise, so the dough rose so fast and empty, had to removed and knead a little and form shape for 2nd rise. Took a long time for 2nd rise, then when i applied the egg before baking, all air escape. Rise gone, all dough went flat, no choice went ahead put inside oven, sadly no more last rise, came out flat like tau sar piah...LOL :XD:

• Praise 5

In terms of difficulty, 

cakes < breads

I'm quite terrible with cakes but think i'm going back to make some lava cakes/cupcakes with my girl. 

Just to share, I had a batch ended up taste like bread but look like cookie, or should I say look like tau sar piah taste like bread but feel like malay kuay...LOL :grin:

That batch i made the mistake of not kneading for 1st rise, so the dough rose so fast and empty, had to removed and knead a little and form shape for 2nd rise. Took a long time for 2nd rise, then when i applied the egg before baking, all air escape. Rise gone, all dough went flat, no choice went ahead put inside oven, sadly no more last rise, came out flat like tau sar piah...LOL :XD:

this one add some cheese and pineapple on top make pizza haha

Edited by Lala81
  • Praise 2