New Tucson turbocharged 1.6-litre in SG 4Q of 2016

Help1

Its main competitor in this category is the forester. I would definitely get the forester if I need performance.

Subaru positioning is on performance. Just like if you are currently looking for the best performance sedan below $150k, it will easily be the WRX 2.0A. But strangely i have yet to see it on the road. It doesn't look half bad either. But i can't say the same for the Forester. I find the design too "traditional" SUV. 

Hopefully TT pricing will be within $6k to $8k of the "normal" petrol Tucson. I remember when Veloster Turbo first came out it was only a few thousand more than the NA version. Not sure why the price gap has increased so much today. Difference between Cat A and Cat B COE is not that much anyway.

if forester looks like QQ, Vezel or CX-5 ... it will be all over spore road liao

Subaru positioning is on performance. Just like if you are currently looking for the best performance sedan below $150k, it will easily be the WRX 2.0A. But strangely i have yet to see it on the road. It doesn't look half bad either. But i can't say the same for the Forester. I find the design too "traditional" SUV

Hopefully TT pricing will be within $6k to $8k of the "normal" petrol Tucson. I remember when Veloster Turbo first came out it was only a few thousand more than the NA version. Not sure why the price gap has increased so much today. Difference between Cat A and Cat B COE is not that much anyway.

Subaru positioning is on performance. Just like if you are currently looking for the best performance sedan below $150k, it will easily be the WRX 2.0A. But strangely i have yet to see it on the road. It doesn't look half bad either. But i can't say the same for the Forester. I find the design too "traditional" SUV.

One of the main changes is in the cevs policy. The turbo charged ver usually has higher banding. Edited by Columbian78

http://www.sgcarmart.com/news/article.php?AID=15533

new turbocharged 1.6-litre T-GDI engine, which will be available in Singapore in the fourth quarter of this year, comes with a new seven-speed Dual-Clutch Transmission (DCT) and will deliver a responsive drive of up to 175bhp.

Dual-Clutch Transmission (DCT)? better keep away it [shakehead]

even German technology cannot tahan it, do you believe Korean can? :a-noway:

Nowadays CVT is the trend, fast responds and excellent FC  [thumbsup]    

• Praise 1

Dual-Clutch Transmission (DCT)? better keep away it [shakehead]

even German technology cannot tahan it, do you believe Korean can? :a-noway:

Nowadays CVT is the trend, fast responds and excellent FC  [thumbsup]    

For DCT, are you talking about wet or dry clutch?  Don't hit 1 full basket with a rotan.

CVT is trendy among Jap for lack of low end torque.

• Praise 1

Turbocharged

Hyundai's DCT not a lot of problem reports. Just keep in mind the usual methods of preservation.

Hyundai is following the Germans, their 1.6 turbo is designed to provide higher power with efficiency of a smaller engine, rather than all out performance like the Forester XT. But this is still the Gamma engine, which I believe is their latest one yet. The 2.0L we are using might be the older, less efficient, Theta II.

As always I'm curious to see the equipment level on this turbocharged variant.

The Tucson 7 Speed DCT is dry clutch. Read some reviews, not bad should be quite fun but good luck.

For CVT..... it's about smooth and efficient rather then fun and fast respond.

Thats the downfall of Subaru, who wants a WRX with CVT? Answer is on the road, I see more Ferrari than WRX. Only Forester is selling well because its cheap and spacious with enough power.

Almost all Toyota models use CVT, smooth but boring. Wondering why only Lexus entry level uses it but not the rest?

• Praise 1

Not all dry clutches are made the same mah... so far, the Hyundai version has had no known issues unlike the Volkswagen version. Actually, that's not the only dry clutch DSG or dual clutch gearbox made by anyone... there are a few floating around... so far no issue... I think it's given a bad name by Volkswagen who miscalculated the design resulting in so many premature failures. It's once off... not going to happen again... everyone would have learnt from this sorry episode...

• Praise 1

Not all dry clutches are made the same mah... so far, the Hyundai version has had no known issues unlike the Volkswagen version. Actually, that's not the only dry clutch DSG or dual clutch gearbox made by anyone... there are a few floating around... so far no issue... I think it's given a bad name by Volkswagen who miscalculated the design resulting in so many premature failures. It's once off... not going to happen again... everyone would have learnt from this sorry episode...

Hyundai may even have learned from VW and improved their DCT... not being first to adopt new technology has its advantages.

if forester looks like QQ, Vezel or CX-5 ... it will be all over spore road liao

I have similar view before i own forester. However, after owning the car, the look grown on me. Now to me, it look as good as harrier and Tucson. Better look than those 3 u have highlighted.

Why not get one to confirm the hypothesis?

• Praise 1