Carpark Barrier Knocked My Bonnet

pills

You are the driver driving your car leh.

You see danger coming , u still move your car as usual?

You need to stay alert for those unusual incident.

L23,

What do you mean by seeing 'danger coming'? I do not understand your sentence.

I turning into the Condo, I saw the barrier was up. I came to a stop and gave a nod to the guard (could have just went in cos barrier up, like so many people). The guard nodded back at me and gave me clear to move in. I moved in halfway, barrier came down.

Obviously the bloody guard took for granted thinking that the barrier was in it's 'default' position of down and so he pressed the button to open it up for me, but cos of the barrier position, it goes down instead of up.

Anyway, i don't think you properly read my last post, so...

↡ Advertisement

Similar to elevator doors safety, a decent parking barrier system should have non tamperable safety sensors to prevent the barrier from hitting the car, regardless of what button the guard has pressed. Who will actually implement a system that allows the guard an option to "chop" a car in half LOL?!?

I think the "no tailgating" warning is more to prevent parking fee avoidance than safety lah. The safety sensors should detect two cars tailgate scenario just like a single longer vehicle. It may not be able to charge the second car's fee, but it should not bring the barrier down.

For TS case, most likely due to lauyah sensor tuning that the vendor can reconfigure. I've seen our vendor tuning my condo's system after some initial reports of non-responsive barrier. I've been really close to front cars a few times but never kenna "karate chop" so far *touch wood*

Edited by Jellandross

I do the kiasu way. When a car is infront, let it pass, let the barrier drop and then drive forward to raise it,

Some of you expecting the barrier to work like a human mind. But it is just a sensor linked to a computer ( or chip) and sometimes it is very slow to work out what's going on.

• Praise 4

2 many Neutral Newbies cars kenna....... what to say leh?? Keep distance always

Anyway 10 years will fly very fast in Singapore

haha! surf MCF more and won't get hit by gantry barrier . . . [laugh]  [lipsrsealed]  [grin]

How to claim like that? claim insurance? Dont think cover right. And i dont think these malaysian guard willing to pay also..haii

There is a word called Excess...... it might be anything from $400 to upto $1000 on average though it might depend on experience, type of car, profile, age of driver  .......etc .... lots of parameters in calculation until we can go nuts at times, if its a run of the mill vehicle then its more or less streamlined in calculation 

I do the kiasu way. When a car is infront, let it pass, let the barrier drop and then drive forward to raise it,

Some of you expecting the barrier to work like a human mind. But it is just a sensor linked to a computer ( or chip) and sometimes it is very slow to work out what's going on.

Barrier must spray WD40  

This week school holiday, I try to avoid going condos with lauya gantry sensors [:)]

You must be lucky one staying at house next to Plaza Singapura.... no barrier one there above [:p]

..... but underground maybe got spikes one [laugh]    

Barrier must spray WD40  

You must be lucky one staying at house next to Plaza Singapura.... no barrier one there above [:p]

..... but underground maybe got spikes one [laugh]    

heng ahh no barrier 'cos i drive convertible [laugh]

I better go buy a motor helmet just in case [smash]

TS, can go to any spray painting shop to spray and fix the dent, $200-$250, don't pay more than that.

You can also opt to spray just that portion for about $80, but workshop will advise you that the paint tone may look abit different. I tried it on a front fender kerb rash for dark grey colour, naked eyes can't tell the different. But yours on bonnet abit more obvious to the eyes and not sure what colour, so I can't comment much whether just spraying a portion is okay or not.

I do my car at Revol amk cause I do my pps package there and the folks are quite nice.

• Praise 1

There is a word called Excess...... it might be anything from $400 to upto $1000 on average though it might depend on experience, type of car, profile, age of driver  .......etc .... lots of parameters in calculation until we can go nuts at times, if its a run of the mill vehicle then its more or less streamlined in calculation 

BanCoe,

Thanks.

Guess I must go flip through and read up more on the documentations.

Anyway, I am just asking to know more. After that incident, I came down and told the guard to double check the positioning of the barrier before performing any actions. He seemed apologetic, So i just shrugged it off and told him it's just a car. (even though there's a scratch and minor dent). Told him that if it's some other more NGIAO person then that's it, a big hoo-ha will ensue.

Happened another time with another guard but I already had this experience once thus I didn't moved forward like the previous time. Told off the guard and this time, this a**hole doesn't seem too apologetic and even ignored me. What's the matter with these people. Came here to have a decent job and doesn't even want to do it well and so dis-interested. SIGH.

BanCoe,

Thanks.

Guess I must go flip through and read up more on the documentations.

Anyway, I am just asking to know more. After that incident, I came down and told the guard to double check the positioning of the barrier before performing any actions. He seemed apologetic, So i just shrugged it off and told him it's just a car. (even though there's a scratch and minor dent). Told him that if it's some other more NGIAO person then that's it, a big hoo-ha will ensue.

Happened another time with another guard but I already had this experience once thus I didn't moved forward like the previous time. Told off the guard and this time, this a**hole doesn't seem too apologetic and even ignored me. What's the matter with these people. Came here to have a decent job and doesn't even want to do it well and so dis-interested. SIGH.

Bro ..... all the guards in the smaller Condo's are like that type .... what to do??  they are all Ah Peks mostly in their 70's & time pass ; most of the security Agencies are also the B or C rating type; Somehow they have mastered or honed in the skill of "boh chapping" very well where we can bark like dogs and they just act like Blur Cock;  Complain to manager or Management also like nothing can happen one; I have had my fair share too n complained about the slowness of him or pressing the button to open; Later the manager told me he is 80 + years old .... I said WTF to myself and suck thumb; govt give a lot of incentive to agencies to hire especially older persons with SEC (Special employment Credits and what nots)

Bro ..... all the guards in the smaller Condo's are like that type .... what to do??  they are all Ah Peks mostly in their 70's & time pass ; most of the security Agencies are also the B or C rating type; Somehow they have mastered or honed in the skill of "boh chapping" very well where we can bark like dogs and they just act like Blur Cock;  Complain to manager or Management also like nothing can happen one; I have had my fair share too n complained about the slowness of him or pressing the button to open; Later the manager told me he is 80 + years old .... I said WTF to myself and suck thumb; govt give a lot of incentive to agencies to hire especially older persons with SEC (Special employment Credits and what nots)

BanCoe,

Bro, the guards I have are not those old 'pioneer generation type'. Even if they are, they are not our Singapore's Pioneer generation.

Most of them are young. in their late 20s to 30s and this guy I had a beef with, is in his 50s tops. Still in a good age for work but alas...

When it first happened, the 2 guys were very apologetic and quickly came to where i parked my vehicle etc and help me to check on the 'damages' and keep on saying sorry, instead of sitting their asses in the guardhouse. I sensed their sincerity (Or they are just really good actors, but well, at least they try haha) thus I just let it go...

Anyway, if really old men/aunty working, then just close an eye. They really are old sometimes must give chance, they can't adapt themselves very well to the fast changing world we are in now..

BanCoe,

Bro, the guards I have are not those old 'pioneer generation type'. Even if they are, they are not our Singapore's Pioneer generation.

Most of them are young. in their late 20s to 30s and this guy I had a beef with, is in his 50s tops. Still in a good age for work but alas...

When it first happened, the 2 guys were very apologetic and quickly came to where i parked my vehicle etc and help me to check on the 'damages' and keep on saying sorry, instead of sitting their asses in the guardhouse. I sensed their sincerity (Or they are just really good actors, but well, at least they try haha) thus I just let it go...

Anyway, if really old men/aunty working, then just close an eye. They really are old sometimes must give chance, they can't adapt themselves very well to the fast changing world we are in now..

That's why my Condo now use IU which so far I find more better and the guard stand there just like Stamford Raffles but in seated position and wears so dark glasses that I wonder why at night - could be the glare from car lights or he can Keng sleeping ,

• Praise 1

Ur Guards probably have gone for catarct op

but pretend to be part of mafia  [laugh]

That's why my Condo now use IU which so far I find more better and the guard stand there just like Stamford Raffles but in seated position and wears so dark glasses that I wonder why at night - could be the glare from car lights or he can Keng sleeping ,

• Praise 7

I read with a pinch of salt. It's just TS side of the story. TS's car is not installed with a car cam? Unless there's a video I won't be so quick to blame the security guard.

Another thing is whether TS is the only condo resident whose car got hit by the barrier? If yes, the answer to what really happen is kinda obvious and TS should relook the way she approach the gantry barrier.

Edited by Watwheels

BanCoe,

When it first happened, the 2 guys were very apologetic and quickly came to where i parked my vehicle etc and help me to check on the 'damages' and keep on saying sorry, instead of sitting their asses in the guardhouse. I sensed their sincerity (Or they are just really good actors, but well, at least they try haha) thus I just let it go...

Wah.. why did it happened so many times in your condo? The sensor has prob...

I read with a pinch of salt. It's just TS side of the story. TS's car is not installed with a car cam? Unless there's a video I won't be so quick to blame the security guard.

Another thing is whether TS is the only condo resident whose car got hit by the barrier? If yes, the answer to what really happen is kinda obvious and TS should relook the way she approach the gantry barrier.

Yes, I have cam in my car. The thing is, I was tailgating (so check cam also no use, I was following closely) but the usual security guard always ask me to do this when there's a car in front. Maybe he opens it for me. I don't know.

Just sway that yesterday a car went in just ahead of me and it was a part time guard.

Anyway, looks like dent only and surface damaged, not really scratch. Just a waste of time to go workshop. Grr....

Anyone got recommendation for those that come and touch up dents kind? Hubby said have and if not too ex, I rather that. Have a 2 month old baby at home and a small kiddo. Very inconvenient for me to go out and hubby is really busy at work. :/

• Praise 1
  • Dislike 1

Wah.. why did it happened so many times in your condo? The sensor has prob...

Yes, I have cam in my car. The thing is, I was tailgating (so check cam also no use, I was following closely) but the usual security guard always ask me to do this when there's a car in front. Maybe he opens it for me. I don't know.

Just sway that yesterday a car went in just ahead of me and it was a part time guard.

Anyway, looks like dent only and surface damaged, not really scratch. Just a waste of time to go workshop. Grr....

Anyone got recommendation for those that come and touch up dents kind? Hubby said have and if not too ex, I rather that. Have a 2 month old baby at home and a small kiddo. Very inconvenient for me to go out and hubby is really busy at work. :/

Think bro @sp4wn have already posted in post #11. PDR at Toa Payoh.

There is another one at Ang Mo Kio as well:

http://www.lyedesigns.com.sg/

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 3