2017 Hyundai i30

Thecarboy302

Wah take back $4K only! if the turbo don burst the engine, this a candidate for renew COE.

Along with the many vezel, sienta hybrid and many many more. Stupid scholar now realized their folly. They made parf so low that it now makes sense to renew. In the old days parf was so high at 11.2k, 29k, 43k. That you hardly have any extensions beyond 10years. No coe then so cannot call it a renewal. And the govt could earn arf customs duties and gst with every new car. With renewals now, you lose this income. Edited by Mkl22

Hope that they will seriously at least make the car come with 6 airbags later on...

I suspect this could be good for them,as then people will be queuing from Changi airport to Lim Chu Kang cemetery due to it being such a good deal...even I am interested in it...but safety is a put off

Edited by Brass

Wah take back $4K only! if the turbo don burst the engine, this a candidate for renew COE.

I think differently.

Why I want take back 9k (50%of 18k), if I can have a discount of VES 10k at the beginning? And get back 4k at the end.

I think differently.

Why I want take back 9k (50%of 18k), if I can have a discount of VES 10k at the beginning? And get back 4k at the end.

Because the dealer use it to increase their profit margin instead by translating only part of the rebate as savings to consumer.

Some people rather pay the government than the dealer

• Praise 1

I think differently.

Agree!
  • Praise 1

if you register after 30 Jun, the rebate goes away.

But then usually,the price usually wouldn't rise by 10k .

It may rise at most 6k,so as to cushion the impact of price raise(of course by their profit margins-quite decent now)and to not scare away potential buyers.

Hope that they will seriously at least make the car come with 6 airbags later on...

I suspect this could be good for them,as then people will be queuing from Changi airport to Lim Chu Kang cemetery due to it being such a good deal...even I am interested in it...but safety is a put off

yeah, 6 airbags would be more ideal, though that would probably also bump up the price by quite a fair bit and might make it less competitive..

that being said, the new i30 getting snapped up like hotcakes even with just 2 air bags does show that many local buyers aren't too concerned with number of airbags though... singaporeans tend to be more attracted to equipment features and gadgets instead..

Edited by Coolant
  • Praise 1

yeah, 6 airbags would be more ideal, though that would probably also bump up the price by quite a fair bit and might make it less competitive..

that being said, the new i30 getting snapped up like hotcakes even with just 2 air bags does show that many local buyers aren't too concerned with number of airbags though... singaporeans tend to be more attracted to equipment features and gadgets instead..

• Praise 1

Any up and coming i30 new owners not installing the dashcam given by default by the AD? Was told it did not have parking mode but a quick check on the cam model it does have but I believe it need to connect to a power pack or something to protect draining of the car battery?

Many thanks in advance!

• Praise 1

Any up and coming i30 new owners not installing the dashcam given by default by the AD? Was told it did not have parking mode but a quick check on the cam model it does have but I believe it need to connect to a power pack or something to protect draining of the car battery?

Many thanks in advance!

I won't be installing the provided dash cams. Prefer to use my own.

Many thanks in advance!

I also not sure how it work also. Not into this kind of cam before. Any expert can advise?

What I just need basic cam with loop recording and NOT draining or have any effect on car battery. also I don't like cables running many places for connecting the cam...

Im not expecting the first shipment.hope guys who collecting soon can share some thoughts.

Also the HU. :)

I also not sure how it work also. Not into this kind of cam before. Any expert can advise?

What I just need basic cam with loop recording and NOT draining or have any effect on car battery. also I don't like cables running many places for connecting the cam...

Im not expecting the first shipment.hope guys who collecting soon can share some thoughts.

Also the HU. :)

Dash cam nowadays allows loop recording and installer will hide the messy cables above the roof lining, therefore you can be assured of a clean look.

Komoco dash cam only programmed to record when you start the car and power off when you switch off your engine.

Most people prefer to have 24hr recording but that will shorten the battery lifespan. Another way is to connect to an extra battery pack, which means extra cost. 

• Praise 2

Dash cam nowadays allows loop recording and installer will hide the messy cables above the roof lining, therefore you can be assured of a clean look.

Komoco dash cam only programmed to record when you start the car and power off when you switch off your engine.

Most people prefer to have 24hr recording but that will shorten the battery lifespan. Another way is to connect to an extra battery pack, which means extra cost.

Then I think I do not have any issue with that fitted by kmc, also covered by the warranty.
  • Praise 1

Heard the dash cam provided not as good? I'm not too sure, but i am using Blackvue korean version so will not use the one provided by KMC. Selling it off instead. 

Also, Those battery packs that help the camera run 24hrs are expensive... at least it's going to set you back $200-300.... =(

• Praise 1

Extra cost is worth it to protect your car battery

Neutral Newbie

Extra cost is worth it to protect your car battery

Car battery is cheap,

Just replace the car battery

↡ Advertisement