2017 Hyundai i30

Thecarboy302

Sightings of the first batch! Iâm still undecided about the color tho. Current selection is Ara Blue but I might switch to moonrock

I also quite undecided what colour, but I haven’t put money yet. Mulling over this or Elantra
  • Praise 1

I also quite undecided what colour, but I havenât put money yet. Mulling over this or Elantra

I30 any time... it's the better car... drives better... was engineered to compete with the European class leaders - VW Golf, Ford Focus and Renault Megane, Skoda Rapid and Seat Leon...

Any current drivers can confirm if this is the HU that comes with the i30?

I just spoken to my se. he showed me a picture resembling this, which is completely different from the 5 incher. Basically the buttons are touch activated, not the tactile buttons you see in the showroom. And it’s a local market unit, not the Hyundai unit.

Hopefully this is the one and not the button ones

• Praise 1

Actual infotainment system, legit. Taken from the i30 Facebook group.

yeah, that's the same HU that was in elantras previously. its a decent touchscreen system, has inbuilt GPS and all, just no android auto/apple carplay support.. you can change the background wallpaper too, so can sort of customise it abit.

Edited by Coolant
  • Praise 1

yeah, that's the same HU that was in elantras previously. its a decent touchscreen system, has inbuilt GPS and all, just no android auto/apple carplay support.. you can change the background wallpaper too, so can sort of customise it abit.

Cool, didn't know that it was in Elantra previously. Not sure if we can mirror our phone screen over? Rather use Waze
  • Praise 1

Cool, didn't know that it was in Elantra previously. Not sure if we can mirror our phone screen over? Rather use Waze

actually that HU is still installed in current models like the Accent, Ioniq, Sonata etc.. seems it's their standard local fit HU that offers inbuilt GPS.

this system doesn't support mirroring of phone screen, though it can support viewing photos or playing .mp3 music files using usb thumbdrive.

i guess the question would be how easy it could be to swap it out for an aftermarket android auto/carplay HU... since it's all local fit anyways, maybe i30 owners can check with accessory shops and see if it's possible.

Edited by Coolant

from what i read from the elantra fb group... a lot of them have Bluetooth connectivity issues and some got so fed-up they paid close to $1k to swap for original Hyundai HU or Pioneer HU...

• Praise 1

from what i read from the elantra fb group... a lot of them have Bluetooth connectivity issues and some got so fed-up they paid close to $1k to swap for original Hyundai HU or Pioneer HU...

I wonder how difficult it is to find a ‘floating mount’ head unit to replace what the local agent installs
  • Praise 1

(edited)

I wonder how difficult it is to find a âfloating mountâ head unit to replace what the local agent installs

seems there are ready made exact fit floating mount BY units for the i30 already available on aliexpress and taobao, just do a search. so just to find a local shop to help install them.. or maybe even possible to self install if you are good at these sort of things?

Edited by Coolant

seems there are ready made exact fit floating mount BY units for the i30 already available on aliexpress and taobao, just do a search. so just to find a local shop to help install them.. or maybe even possible to self install if you are good at these sort of things?

Yeah one of the guys on the forum ordered this 9" unit that runs on Android on aliexpress - link

Couple risks involved is that the reverse camera might not work with this HU and the loss of the controls on the steering wheel. 

I30 any time... it's the better car... drives better... was engineered to compete with the European class leaders - VW Golf, Ford Focus and Renault Megane, Skoda Rapid and Seat Leon...

I agree.

And honestly. It has decent space.

Boot still can hold pram and baby chair.

This i30 ain't Ur picanto or Suzuki swift.

The boot is proper like a golf

• Praise 1

wah seh...i really having a big dilemma if to go for i30.i have 3 young kids, 9,6 and 4.any bros or sis have 3 kids and the rear ok for them?

• Praise 2

wah seh...i really having a big dilemma if to go for i30.i have 3 young kids, 9,6 and 4.any bros or sis have 3 kids and the rear ok for them?

Without car seat ok. With carseat, maybe squeeze.base on visual and not on ownership experience.

Without car seat ok. With carseat, maybe squeeze.base on visual and not on ownership experience.

no car seat.going to be 1 booster seat soon.

(edited)

no car seat.going to be 1 booster seat soon.

the rear seating space on the i30 would be okay for your kids and most adults, with booster also still no issue. just bring your kids to try it out.

i guess if you have to transport 3 x 6ft tall chaps sitting behind then they might find the legroom abit cramped..

Edited by Coolant
↡ Advertisement