2017 Hyundai i30

Thecarboy302

The wagon is the real deal.

People who buy the hatch... Hmmm..

How much heavier is the wagon btw?

Good question, I also wanna find out..haha

Wagon is 1.5cm longer than Elantra, that I know. To some that would matter..

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

Twincharged

Kmc going for the kill with the wagon.. lol.

Need to really question whether there is a real need for the wagon. Initially I also thought of going for it and started to dream about how I can bring my bicycle to ECP during weekends etc. Then reality set back, how often will I do so.

In reality you will be driving a heavier car that is empty almost all the time, not making full use of the wagon. I feel the i30 space wise can comfortably support a family of 4 to Malaysia for a holiday too.

Safety wise can be a consideration too, given thhat there is only 2 airbags for the hatchback while more in the wagon. But in my opinion, I would rather go for Elantra than the wagon because the former offers the safety.

So it largely falls back to the space again. Have a dog? Wagon will be good. Just my two cents.

You’ll be hard pressed to feel the difference in fuel consumption.

I’ll get the wagon any day due to the extra bags. The premium of 3k isn’t that much for greater utility and bags.

Can not compare to Elantra which has No turbo and much less power. A totally different drive.

Twincharged

According to Parkers.co.uk

Hatch is 1240kg

Wagon is 1294kg.

I took the lowest specs for each with 1.4 dct.

Only 50kg i was told, so it doesnt really make much of a difference.

(edited)

How is the Elantra the safer car?

The i30 is produced is developed, designed and produced in Europe, with 5 star NCAP.

Kmc going for the kill with the wagon.. lol.

Need to really question whether there is a real need for the wagon. Initially I also thought of going for it and started to dream about how I can bring my bicycle to ECP during weekends etc. Then reality set back, how often will I do so.

In reality you will be driving a heavier car that is empty almost all the time, not making full use of the wagon. I feel the i30 space wise can comfortably support a family of 4 to Malaysia for a holiday too.

Safety wise can be a consideration too, given thhat there is only 2 airbags for the hatchback while more in the wagon. But in my opinion, I would rather go for Elantra than the wagon because the former offers the safety.

So it largely falls back to the space again. Have a dog? Wagon will be good. Just my two cents.

Edited by Dinkydong
  • Praise 1

In my opinion the hatch looks more sporty and youthful (good for young couples), while the wagon is more practical for families. There are worse looking wagons around though. The i30 wagon looks pretty sporty already. But sportiest of all is the Mazda 6 wagon

• Praise 1

Youâll be hard pressed to feel the difference in fuel consumption.

Iâll get the wagon any day due to the extra bags. The premium of 3k isnât that much for greater utility and bags.

Can not compare to Elantra which has No turbo and much less power. A totally different drive.

Yes the price is attractive

The i30 is produced is developed, designed and produced in Europe, with 5 star NCAP.

I mean Elantra also offers the same level of safety as the wagon.

In my opinion the hatch looks more sporty and youthful (good for young couples), while the wagon is more practical for families. There are worse looking wagons around though. The i30 wagon looks pretty sporty already. But sportiest of all is the Mazda 6 wagon

Agree.. wagon looks good! And the price difference compared to hatchback is really small.

Only 50kg i was told, so it doesnt really make much of a difference.

If so small weight difference then swee la!

If need stroller, wagon likely to be more suitable.

Agree... but the Mazda 6 Wagon is $40,000 more... and slightly larger... not worth it... I really dig the wagon form... unfortunately I don't like the interior... now looking back when I got my Sonata, I should have opted for the i40 wagon... it's super unique and has very good space... which I don't really use now...

Neutral Newbie

Is there any way to change the adjustment mechanism for i30 seats?

Very slow to turn the roller when want to make the seats incline more....

• Praise 1

$17.XK for hatch, $19.XK for wagon (this one u need to verify)...

Yes, both qualify for $10K rebate before July this year.

What is the omv for the hatch n wagon?

Both got 10k rebate?

• Praise 1

Neutral Newbie

$17.XK for hatch, $19.XK for wagon (this one u need to verify)...

Yes, both qualify for $10K rebate before July this year.

Hi. Can kindly explain the rebate? Meaning now the price for wagon 92k. We can get it at 82k? Or its given to the management?

• Praise 1

The current price quoted is after the $10K rebate. As an eg, if price of wagon is selling at $92K with COE and its original OMV is $19K (before the $10K rebate), essentially your scrap value will be ($19K - $10K)/2 = $4.5K

If everything else remains the same once VES is fully enforced, then the selling price of the wagon should be $92K + $10K = $102K and the scrap value will be $19K / 2 = $9.5K

Hi. Can kindly explain the rebate? Meaning now the price for wagon 92k. We can get it at 82k? Or its given to the management?

• Praise 1

The I30 was rated with full safety gears loaded. 6 bags sensors etc. The one we get in SG is missing many stuff. At best 3 stars if this model went for the test.
  • Praise 1

Neutral Newbie

The current price quoted is after the $10K rebate. As an eg, if price of wagon is selling at $92K with COE and its original OMV is $19K (before the $10K rebate), essentially your scrap value will be ($19K - $10K)/2 = $4.5K

If everything else remains the same once VES is fully enforced, then the selling price of the wagon should be $92K + $10K = $102K and the scrap value will be $19K / 2 = $9.5K

Many many thanks for the explanation
  • Praise 1

The I30 was rated with full safety gears loaded. 6 bags sensors etc. The one we get in SG is missing many stuff. At best 3 stars if this model went for the test.

The context of the discussion is not the i30 hatch but the i30 wagon.. With a full complement of 7 airbags.