2017 Hyundai i30

Thecarboy302

(edited)

Looking to see if anyone want to purchase the wagon maybe can form a group buy to get more discount?

The price offer at car expo is 91999 with 1 year servicing and think need loan 50k for 5 years?

Edited by NgWeiBin
↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

The context of the discussion is not the i30 hatch but the i30 wagon.. With a full complement of 7 airbags.

Even if it is,it will still get 3 stars.

Most 5 star cars have adaptive cruise control, autonomous control systems like lane cross alert,city brake assist etc...which this car won't have.

• Praise 1

Kmc going for the kill with the wagon.. lol.

Need to really question whether there is a real need for the wagon. Initially I also thought of going for it and started to dream about how I can bring my bicycle to ECP during weekends etc. Then reality set back, how often will I do so.

In reality you will be driving a heavier car that is empty almost all the time, not making full use of the wagon. I feel the i30 space wise can comfortably support a family of 4 to Malaysia for a holiday too.

Safety wise can be a consideration too, given thhat there is only 2 airbags for the hatchback while more in the wagon. But in my opinion, I would rather go for Elantra than the wagon because the former offers the safety.

So it largely falls back to the space again. Have a dog? Wagon will be good. Just my two cents.

Elantra is Cat A.....i30 HB/wagon both are in Cat B

• Praise 1

Even if it is,it will still get 3 stars.

Most 5 star cars have adaptive cruise control, autonomous control systems like lane cross alert,city brake assist etc...which this car won't have.

Those electronic stuff can add 2 star for safety? I'm doubt.

I more lean toward crash test results. Of course airbag will take a big parts.

• Praise 1

Looking to see if anyone want to purchase the wagon maybe can form a group buy to get more discount?

The price offer at car expo is 91999 with 1 year servicing and think need loan 50k for 5 years?

$11K above Elantra S. 

Elantra is Cat A.....i30 HB/wagon both are in Cat B

Elantra, i30's backseat are designed for 2, the middle guy is not so comfotable. Is there a way to covert the backseat into a bench, to seat 3 fella comfortable?

Those electronic stuff can add 2 star for safety? I'm doubt.

I more lean toward crash test results. Of course airbag will take a big parts.

Yes, now Euro NCAP does not award cars with full 5 stars if it didn't come with the whole suite of crash avoidance technology standard no matter how good the car performs structurally in a crash. That's why some cars comes with 2 ratings, one with these technology on board (typically 3 stars) and one with all the optional crash avoidance tech (5 stars). This goes to show what a major role these tech play in the safety of cars to them. 

• Praise 1

Kmc doesn't employ such financing conditions right?

They are pretty clean n straightforward.

Hypersonic

Think there’s no loan requirement. Servicing and other stuff can negotiate one.

If you need a good SE, PM me. I find that she’s not bad.

$11K above Elantra S. 

Pretty sure the drive/handling its altogether very diff with it i30's turbo....plus Elantra is Cat A while i30 is a Cat B

(edited)

Not sure what you mean by "if you can get over the looks" - very ugly meh??

But how come the multimedia screen (last pic) is so small? I thought it was supposed to be some 8" android tablet thing or something like that?

I30 wagon is a very practical car...... The car will be available for viewing at Expo this coming weekend for those interested. If u can get over the looks, this car is a very worth buy for the small premium over the hatch. It also has a higher OMV.

IMG_20180406_135832.jpg

IMG_20180406_140006.jpg

IMG_20180406_140026.jpg

IMG_20180406_140249.jpg

IMG_20180406_140820.jpg

Edited by Kar_lover

Not sure what you mean by "if you can get over the looks" - very ugly meh??

But how come the multimedia screen (last pic) is so small? I thought it was supposed to be some 8" android tablet thing or something like that?

The 9 inch HU will be installed locally by KMC. I saw some pictures in the i30 fb group and it does look cheap..

The 9 inch HU will be installed locally by KMC. I saw some pictures in the i30 fb group and it does look cheap..

Ok, well they should have installed it in the show car for expo....well the small original one doesn't exactly look very posh either so no loss in the looks dept but gains in the size dept so still a good move by KMC....

(edited)

Ok, well they should have installed it in the show car for expo....well the small original one doesn't exactly look very posh either so no loss in the looks dept but gains in the size dept so still a good move by KMC....

They should have used the original hyundai android auto unit from the Elantra.. That one not bad.. Edited by car_Boy_75