2017 Hyundai i30

Thecarboy302

Looks like will easily fall onto the gear lever area

You mean it's like a clip-on that can just fall? Not properly mounted/fixed?

Ok, well they should have installed it in the show car for expo....well the small original one doesn't exactly look very posh either so no loss in the looks dept but gains in the size dept so still a good move by KMC....

I believe I saw the 'upsized' HU at the Expo show (can't remb if it's fitted in i30 HB or Wagon) but it's definitely there.

Talk about the 9' HU...i just received my i30 last week...and its hilarious.Basically, u can treat it like a radio with GPS.(That's all) Bluetooth have to reconnect every time you start engine. Resolution is as good as year 2000 nokia screen. Rear camera resolution on the 9' screen is unbelievable...(So much so that you may laugh it out when u see it)...honestly...other than those few things..i am quite happy with the car.

Talk about the 9' HU...i just received my i30 last week...and its hilarious.Basically, u can treat it like a radio with GPS.(That's all) Bluetooth have to reconnect every time you start engine. Resolution is as good as year 2000 nokia screen. Rear camera resolution on the 9' screen is unbelievable...(So much so that you may laugh it out when u see it)...honestly...other than those few things..i am quite happy with the car.

Hmm........your HU is AA/Apple Carplay ? My BT works everytime...doesnt need to reconnect the BT..

You should take a pic of the reverse camera resolution n post it here for us to see?

Hmm........your HU is AA/Apple Carplay ? My BT works everytime...doesnt need to reconnect the BT..

You should take a pic of the reverse camera resolution n post it here for us to see?

Mine is the standard 9"HU installed by komoco..I believe yours too right?No AA/apple carplay.

Mine is the standard 9"HU installed by komoco..I believe yours too right?No AA/apple carplay.

i don't own a i30...but an elantra...thats why im asking

I have to agree with the low resolution comment, it's really laughable compared to today's standard.

But I didn't managed to try out the BT connectivity as well as reverse cam so I cannot comment on that.

I guess i30 owners will have to look for aftermarket HU liao, only managed to see Alpine to have something similar (floating design) with Android Auto and Apple Carplay (https://alpine-usa.com/product/view/alpine-halo9-radio-apple-carplay-android-auto-ilx-f309/).

I have to agree with the low resolution comment, it's really laughable compared to today's standard.

But I didn't managed to try out the BT connectivity as well as reverse cam so I cannot comment on that.

I guess i30 owners will have to look for aftermarket HU liao, only managed to see Alpine to have something similar (floating design) with Android Auto and Apple Carplay (https://alpine-usa.com/product/view/alpine-halo9-radio-apple-carplay-android-auto-ilx-f309/).

Problem is the reverse camera resolution is calibrated for the original 5" HU..so u can imagine how it appeared on a 9" screen..a total disaster..I think even if replaced with a better HU won't help...the problem is with the low res reverse cam.

Problem is the reverse camera resolution is calibrated for the original 5" HU..so u can imagine how it appeared on a 9" screen..a total disaster..I think even if replaced with a better HU won't help...the problem is with the low res reverse cam.

So in this case can just replaced the reverse camera lor

True, another disappointment driver here. I do not like the HU. Even the radio reception and speaker also sub par. It really bring down the cabin level for the i30.

• Praise 1

So in this case can just replaced the reverse camera lor

Replacing the original rear cam will probably sacrifice the feature of projecting trajectory lines linked to the steering wheel position.
  • Praise 1

The price of hyundai conti i30 vs a seat or skoda. I think most would but a i30.

After all, seat and skoda are pretty much the seng siong, dollar value shop brand product as.much as.i30 mustafa supermarket type of purchase.

Edited by Sdf4786k
↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1