2017 Hyundai i30

Thecarboy302

The price of hyundai conti i30 vs a seat or skoda. I think most would but a i30.

After all, seat and skoda are pretty much the seng siong, dollar value shop brand product as.much as.i30 mustafa supermarket type of purchase.

Nope.

Would go for a seat Leon SW@ 93999

Even though it isn't that powerful,but it's more well built,and parf is around 11k,as opposed to 5k for i30

Actually,I suspect our i30 is the bare bones model,as there is no rear armrest and that there are no silver trim on Aircon.

Though both have a potentially problematic gb

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

No.. Elantra has the original Hyundai HU.. i30 using same off market one..

My Sonata also uses an after market head unit but I don't need to reconnect my Bluetooth every time and the reverse camera resolution is good... not the best but not pathetic... I think most head units have resolutions of about 800 x 600 or 1024 x 768 or thereabouts... entirely serviceable... are there head units with Retina displays or Infinity displays like our phones? I don't think so right? Maybe Tesla but for the standard cars, I haven't heard... but then again I haven't seen every car, especially the luxury segment... so I could be wrong...

My head unit can playback full HD resolution videos with no problem... only issue is the black bands at the top and bottom of the screen...

I wonder if Komoco would take a step backwards for a more recent model of head unit with a newer car model???

• Praise 1

My Sonata also uses an after market head unit but I don't need to reconnect my Bluetooth every time and the reverse camera resolution is good... not the best but not pathetic... I think most head units have resolutions of about 800 x 600 or 1024 x 768 or thereabouts... entirely serviceable... are there head units with Retina displays or Infinity displays like our phones? I don't think so right? Maybe Tesla but for the standard cars, I haven't heard... but then again I haven't seen every car, especially the luxury segment... so I could be wrong...

My head unit can playback full HD resolution videos with no problem... only issue is the black bands at the top and bottom of the screen...

I wonder if Komoco would take a step backwards for a more recent model of head unit with a newer car model???

because if you pair a low resolution screen with a large screen size (9 inch) it will definitely amplify the low screen resolution greatly.
  • Praise 1

for those using the 9" touchscreen HU on the i30, you have to set the BT autoconnect to be on... by default autoconnect is off. i've used this same HU in my previous ride too.

on main screen, click the "setup" icon, scroll down abit and then click the "BT set" icon, then enable the autoconnect selection to "Y".

it's all mentioned in the HU manual anyways... but yeah, few users actually read it..

Edited by Coolant
  • Praise 1

because if you pair a low resolution screen with a large screen size (9 inch) it will definitely amplify the low screen resolution greatly.

My screen is 8 inches, just slightly smaller...

My screen is 8 inches, just slightly smaller...

if u ever changed your laptop from 13.3 to 14" u will notice the difference despite being only 0.7". likewise for handphones. 5.5" and  a 6.5" handphone is a huge difference.

if it's a TV probably it wont make too much of a difference.

if u ever changed your laptop from 13.3 to 14" u will notice the difference despite being only 0.7". likewise for handphones. 5.5" and  a 6.5" handphone is a huge difference.

if it's a TV probably it wont make too much of a difference.

But you hardly look close up at the screen I would say... I mean I don't find my screen particularly lousy... still acceptable lar... it's only 800 x 600...

Talk about the 9' HU...i just received my i30 last week...and its hilarious.Basically, u can treat it like a radio with GPS.(That's all) Bluetooth have to reconnect every time you start engine. Resolution is as good as year 2000 nokia screen. Rear camera resolution on the 9' screen is unbelievable...(So much so that you may laugh it out when u see it)...honestly...other than those few things..i am quite happy with the car.

Bluetooth you need go into setting click auto connect (something like that) android end I also add as trust device. Should be fine.

Anyone knows if this 9" hu plays flac and wav files?

Do you intend to change speakers add woofer as well? better change the HU also if you need the Flac. 

If not why care about FLAC

How is the radio reception and audio quality of i30?

Do not expect. I rate 55%.

Bluetooth you need go into setting click auto connect (something like that) android end I also add as trust device. Should be fine.

Do you intend to change speakers add woofer as well? better change the HU also if you need the Flac.

Thks for the info.

for those using the 9" touchscreen HU on the i30, you have to set the BT autoconnect to be on... by default autoconnect is off. i've used this same HU in my previous ride too.

on main screen, click the "setup" icon, scroll down abit and then click the "BT set" icon, then enable the autoconnect selection to "Y".

it's all mentioned in the HU manual anyways... but yeah, few users actually read it..

Since you use similar before, ask you question.

When phone connected via bluetooth, do you know how to listen to Radio while still able to listen the phone output sound?

Thanks

for that system, by default the radio will auto cut off when a call comes in so that the caller's voice will come out through the speakers... seems to be the same for most in-car BT systems too.

so far i haven't used a system where both radio and caller voice run at the same time though.. i guess you'll just have to check the options menus and see if possible.

Edited by Coolant

Neutral Newbie

Do not expect. I rate 55%.

I am doing full ice setup and also looking for alternative one din floaters if the HU doesn't support flac/wav/ape.

My question was pretty simple, your reply only beggars the question, and smacks of condescension.

Edited by Deel

Neutral Newbie

Over kill for a car...

The bulk of my audio files are lossless formats. I can't see why this would be an overkill especially since we all used to play music CDs in our cars. 

for that system, by default the radio will auto cut off when a call comes in so that the caller's voice will come out through the speakers... seems to be the same for most in-car BT systems too.

so far i haven't used a system where both radio and caller voice run at the same time though.. i guess you'll just have to check the options menus and see if possible.

Yeah that's right. My car also the same. Only when call come in, the car system will switch to BT audio to let the call through (radio cut off) then after the call the radio comes back on. But I cannot channel the bluetooth audio from my phone's google map while in radio mode. If i want the google map voice to come over the car system then i need to change the media mode to bluetooth which means no more radio. Only 1 function at a time.

The bulk of my audio files are lossless formats. I can't see why this would be an overkill especially since we all used to play music CDs in our cars.

Well you seem to be an audiophile... so maybe this matters a lot to you... the thing is that the soundproofing in cars especially at this price point isn't that wonderful so I guess all the musical nuances will be lost to the NVH anyway... that's why in my opinion it's an overkill... as for CDs, we had no choice then do we? It's either CDs or tapes and CDs took up much less space... but we were still limited by the capacity of CD changers then... in today's context, we all use soft copies and lossless format files are huge... and storage capacities for head units are pretty limited still... at most 64 GB I think... so again it limits what you can put in...

So these are why I think it's overkill...

Maybe you have a super tok gong set up lar... would like to see your system... cheers...

↡ Advertisement