2017 Hyundai i30

Thecarboy302

Question for experts in the group!!  [laugh]

Elantra Elite vs i30 wagon which is better? i30 with additional $8k, more features with turbo charged engine and less road tax but very new, not aware of any issues? 

Additional 8k in pricing and take note that there is 10k ves rebate that eats into your omv.

If your omv is 18k,minus 10k and you are left with 8k and end of 10yrs you are getting 4k back.

Depends on what u r after bro. For the additional 8k u have a car which is nicer,more powerful, consumes less fuel and a pretty spacious boot. It's almost less common than Elantra. Elantra is like flooding sg roads Liao. Haha

Wonder how is elantra second hand value since is flooded on the road,lol....

↡ Advertisement

Neutral Newbie

What are the specs differences? What do you get on the i30 that you don't get on the Elantra Elite? And what do you get on the Elantra Elite that you don't get on the i30?

From the outset, the i30 was designed for poor road surfaces in Europe and so the suspension is sprung more firmly and the car rides and handles better. You may or may not like it. So you have test drive back to back to find out.

Other than that, I guess it's basically the difference in specs and what's important to you. Definitely the turbocharged engine will be much better to drive without I think a significant penalty in fuel consumption...

Thanks for reply,

Yes i30 is with turbocharged engine with less FC. Other extra boot space, rail roof, electronic parking break, 7 air bags, less road tax and big information console.

Depends on what u r after bro. For the additional 8k u have a car which is nicer,more powerful, consumes less fuel and a pretty spacious boot. It's almost less common than Elantra. Elantra is like flooding sg roads Liao. Haha

Thanks for reply,

Do you think Elantra resale value would be less as it;s very common in sg?

Neutral Newbie

Additional 8k in pricing and take note that there is 10k ves rebate that eats into your omv.

If your omv is 18k,minus 10k and you are left with 8k and end of 10yrs you are getting 4k back.

Wonder how is elantra second hand value since is flooded on the road,lol....

May I know what would be Elantra return value if I cling for 10 year?

Thanks

May I know what would be Elantra return value if I cling for 10 year?

Thanks

Base on the most popular model elantra S,Omv is 11.5k according to some of the bro who recently just collected car.

End of 10yrs take back is $5750.

Any bro care to share what i30 omv?

Neutral Newbie

Elantra resale will definitely be low..same prob with the fit when it started to flood the market in 2008. Past 2 years, the owners couldn't sell their rides n there were too many on the used car market. Prob will be the same for Elantra I guess. To add, nowadays all turbo car cause of efficiency. To sell a NA car say 5 years down the road, most likely will have difficulty. Just my 2 cents.. if cost not an issue, i30 the way to go. Essentially u paying a kimchi price for a conti make

• Praise 1

Elantra resale will definitely be low..same prob with the fit when it started to flood the market in 2008. Past 2 years, the owners couldn't sell their rides n there were too many on the used car market. Prob will be the same for Elantra I guess. To add, nowadays all turbo car cause of efficiency. To sell a NA car say 5 years down the road, most likely will have difficulty. Just my 2 cents.. if cost not an issue, i30 the way to go. Essentially u paying a kimchi price for a conti make

note that resale trends will also depend alot on on other factors like COE too... those who bought over the past few years would have gotten their cars at much higher COE, hence their paper value so high that the depreciation also high, can be same or sometimes even more depre than buying new car now, hence its tough for the current 2nd hand car market... people calculate and find that buying new car more worth it at the moment.

Edited by Coolant
  • Praise 1

Base on the most popular model elantra S,Omv is 11.5k according to some of the bro who recently just collected car.

End of 10yrs take back is $5750.

Any bro care to share what i30 omv?

I30 omv around $19k

After VES rebate of $10k, will take back $4.5k as scrap value

• Praise 2

Neutral Newbie

I30 omv around $19k

Just a dummy question, will this reduce car resale value? 

• Praise 1

Neutral Newbie

I30 omv around $19k

Elantra will return $5700 after 10 years, and I30 $4500 (after $10K rebate) not a bad option

• Praise 1

Elantra will return $5700 after 10 years, and I30 $4500 (after $10K rebate) not a bad option

Finally saw a new i30 on the road. Looks slightly bigger than the earlier version.

What is the (real) FC of this 1.4T ? What is the depreciation of Elantra vs i30?   

Finally saw a new i30 on the road. Looks slightly bigger than the earlier version.

What is the (real) FC of this 1.4T ? What is the depreciation of Elantra vs i30?

Currently I’m riding one and it is about 11-14km/L FC before 1000km servicing.
  • Praise 2

Question for experts in the group!! [laugh]

Elantra Elite vs i30 wagon which is better? i30 with additional $8k, more features with turbo charged engine and less road tax but very new, not aware of any issues?

I series (i30 to Elantra, i40 to sonata) always few tick premiums than the others siblings under same group. And if you like the boot space or need the boot space, i30 wagon is the way to go no doubts. One reason go for Elantra can think of is the sedan car look , or maybe you prefer NA engine. But 1.6 is pathetic imo.

Currently Iâm riding one and it is about 11-14km/L FC before 1000km servicing.

Sounds great! What's your driving pattern like?

I series (i30 to Elantra, i40 to sonata) always few tick premiums than the others siblings under same group. And if you like the boot space or need the boot space, i30 wagon is the way to go no doubts. One reason go for Elantra can think of is the sedan car look , or maybe you prefer NA engine. But 1.6 is pathetic imo.

Agree... the i-series is definitely premium to the regular Hyundai series... the i-series developed and built in Europe for Europe... so things like ride quality, build quality must be up there to compete with Golf, Focus, 308, C4 etc...

Currently I’m riding one and it is about 11-14km/L FC before 1000km servicing.

Hyundai spec 18km/l. 14 is real, 11 (1/2 of spec) is Hyundai give fake news. 

Sounds great! What's your driving pattern like?

Agree... the i-series is definitely premium to the regular Hyundai series... the i-series developed and built in Europe for Europe... so things like ride quality, build quality must be up there to compete with Golf, Focus, 308, C4 etc...

Honestly honestly.

Do u guys find that the i30 front design has room for improvement?

The rear is great. I'm talking just the front.

Just a dummy question, will this reduce car resale value?

think about it this way, you already get a lower car price due to the $10k VES rebate, so your upfront downpayment and loan amount/monthly installment also less... later when you resell, the paper value will just be lower accordingly too.

overall if you work out the figures, you'll still pay less over time compared to if there was no rebates.

Honestly honestly.

Do u guys find that the i30 front design has room for improvement?

The rear is great. I'm talking just the front.

i guess its really up to individual preference... but personally i find that the front design with new cascading grill and vents looks nice on the i30, gives it a sporty look.

with most new car designs, it takes time for people to eventually get used to it..

Edited by Coolant
↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1