2017 Hyundai i30

Thecarboy302

Any modern b&b car should be able to achieve fantastic fc if 100% highway. In sg I reckon a 1.4 turbo would be able to achieve 14-15km/l combined.

↡ Advertisement

Neutral Newbie

At Car Expo, I noticed  demo i30 wagon car had sunroof for both 1st and 2nd seat rows.

Showroom demo car is without sunroof, sale person also told i30 wagon is without sunroof.

Did anyone else notice this or my mind is thinking about some other car? I am confused now.  [dizzy]  [hur]  [confused]

At Car Expo, I noticed demo i30 wagon car had sunroof for both 1st and 2nd seat rows.

Showroom demo car is without sunroof, sale person also told i30 wagon is without sunroof.

Did anyone else notice this or my mind is thinking about some other car? I am confused now. [dizzy][hur][confused]

looks like your mind playing tricks... lol. probably you got confused with another car model.

i also checked before, the new i30 doesn't come with sunroof feature..

Edited by Coolant

Maybe they brought in demo car just for display? Like previously the Avante, they brought in the Oz model for display and many features in that display model were not offered in Singapore... I asked my regular SE about it at that time...

Neutral Newbie

Finally, I booked I30 Wagon.   [nod]  [laugh]  [smash]

I did test drive and liked it, pickup was smooth, no engine sound. However few things i noticed are missing, which they mentioned on official site. Looks like no BSD, AEB. (I am not fan of these feature so no issue)  only thing is they will replace Display unit with 9 inch screen after which no CarPlay / Android auto support as 9 inch unit is locally fitted.  :a-bang:

How useful is Carplay? Can I live without it? Should I keep 5 inch display unit which supports carplay/ android auto and not opt for 9 inch display unit?

Also no support for Iphone wireless charging, but USB support is available, so no issue for me.

Thanks in advance!

Maybe they brought in demo car just for display? Like previously the Avante, they brought in the Oz model for display and many features in that display model were not offered in Singapore... I asked my regular SE about it at that time...

Yes looks like that was only for display.

Finally, I booked I30 Wagon. [nod][laugh][smash]

I did test drive and liked it, pickup was smooth, no engine sound. However few things i noticed are missing, which they mentioned on official site. Looks like no BSD, AEB. (I am not fan of these feature so no issue) only thing is they will replace Display unit with 9 inch screen after which no CarPlay / Android auto support as 9 inch unit is locally fitted. :a-bang:

How useful is Carplay? Can I live without it? Should I keep 5 inch display unit which supports carplay/ android auto and not opt for 9 inch display unit?

Also no support for Iphone wireless charging, but USB support is available, so no issue for me.

Thanks in advance!

Yes looks like that was only for display.

The 5 inch does not have carplay nor Android auto.

Neutral Newbie

The 5 inch does not have carplay nor Android auto.

Oh! I went by some youtube review, which told It has carplay :( 

HI,

I tested te i30 turbo and noticed there is quote a bit of lack before the car starts to move. Step, wait for half a second then car will move.

Does that irritate?

HI,

I tested te i30 turbo and noticed there is quote a bit of lack before the car starts to move. Step, wait for half a second then car will move.

Does that irritate?

especially going up ramp of MSCP. Mainly because of the DCT. But once move, smooth.

Oh! I went by some youtube review, which told It has carplay :(

the ones reviewed on youtube are the 7" HU units which are factory fitted in overseas models (similar to the ones spec'ed on the Kona locally), those are the types of HU that support android auto/apple carplay.

that being said, the current 8" touchscreen HU installed in the i30 are locally fitted... so perhaps there could be workshops outside that could retrofit other types of 3rd party HU sets that are android auto/apple carplay compatible too?

Edited by Coolant

Looking great!

Did you changed the rims? also is headlight? is it LED?

Yes. Rims changed on day 1. Straight away drove to rim shop after collection. Headlights not on in this pic but yes i changed to led :)

Oh you changed from the K3 ah? I thought you were driving the K3 and also decorated the car quite a bit?

Hehe ya. Changed from k3. Current low coe made for a tempting proposition. Plus the i30 drives so well and interior and exterior both awesome :)

My k3 now lives on on many brothers' rides. Dekitted much stuff including the special front bodykit. Rims transfer to i30 haha

Are those Prodrive GC-05K 18â ? :)

Haha almost there! Gc-05k but 17". Didnt wanna sacrifice too much comfort

HI,

Does that irritate?

Step harder hehe. Or use sport mode :)

Kidding aside. Once u are used to the pedal feel it will be fine.