2017 Hyundai i30

Thecarboy302

Already upgraded. Latest batch of hatch(not old stk), wagon , fastback come with the 8" factory unit with carplay and AA

Wow! That's an excellent move...
↡ Advertisement

Another new Paris Motor Show launch from Hyundai-Kia, this time the 3rd-generation Hyundai i30. Like the Kia Rio, the 2nd-generation i30 was only sold locally for a few months before Komoco pulled the plug and brought in the Accent instead, which I think is a pity. The interior looks particularly pleasing, taking cues from their Ioniq hybrid. Hope this gets brought in to compete with VW Golf and Opel's latest Astra. 

attachicon.gifHyundai-i30-2017-1600-01.jpg

attachicon.gifHyundai-i30-2017-1600-02.jpg

attachicon.gifHyundai-i30-2017-1600-03.jpg

attachicon.gifHyundai-i30-2017-1600-05.jpg

Source: https://www.netcarshow.com/hyundai/2017-i30/

Launched in Korea as well, engine choices includes 140PS 1.4-litre GDI Turbo, 204PS 1.6-litre GDI Turbo and 136PS 1.6-litre diesel. 

http://www.hyundai.com/kr/showroom.do?carCd1=RD008

Interior looks very well laid-out, though the screen with the piano black bezels looks cheap.

i testdrive the i30 fastback last weekend at kmc showroom, it's already passed homologation.

can confirm it comes equipped with the original factory fitted 8" screen with Android auto/apple CarPlay.

• Praise 1

Just test drive the hatch. Performance is good, but the HU is disappointing. Does not support Apple CarPlay and Android Auto. And the weird thing is the volume controls on the steering wheel does not work.

The advertised price of $89k comes with 7yr warranty n 7yr free svc?

• Praise 4

Just test drive the hatch. Performance is good, but the HU is disappointing. Does not support Apple CarPlay and Android Auto. And the weird thing is the volume controls on the steering wheel does not work.

Is it the silver unit with carplate 9118? That one is an older unit which didn't come with the latest HU.
  • Praise 3

Is it the silver unit with carplate 9118? That one is an older unit which didn't come with the latest HU.

I cant remember the plate number. But it was indeed a silver unit. U mean the new HU are not locally fitted?

• Praise 1

That's unexpected... probably some fault...
  • Praise 1

I cant remember the plate number. But it was indeed a silver unit. U mean the new HU are not locally fitted?

The first batch of i30s came with 5" factory fitted HU (non carplay/android auto). KMC later threw in free upgrade to 9" locally fitted HU for existing stocks.

34319172_10155853514274495_4346703784852

The new stocks that came in from around late October onward featured the 8" factory fitted HU (as seen in brochure) that support carplay/android auto

43629048_1705234406266238_79467869562334

Images Source: SG i30 facebook group.

Edited by Ceecookie

The first batch of i30s came with 5" factory fitted HU (non carplay/android auto). KMC later threw in free upgrade to 9" locally fitted HU for existing stocks.

34319172_10155853514274495_4346703784852

The new stocks that came in from around late October onward featured the 8" factory fitted HU (as seen in brochure) that support carplay/android auto

43629048_1705234406266238_79467869562334

Images Source: SG i30 facebook group.

checked with one of the SE, still says no Carplay or Android Auto leh

• Praise 2

What did the SE tell you ... did you ask him??
  • Praise 1

The SE told me that HU do not support both Apple CarPlay and Andriod Auto. I asked him about the controls on steering wheel not working but seems like he is also not too sure why. 

• Praise 1

The SE told me that HU do not support both Apple CarPlay and Andriod Auto. I asked him about the controls on steering wheel not working but seems like he is also not too sure why. 

The older batch of i30 came with Windows CE 9" head unit.  Not a bad unit TBH, but does not come with carplay or android auto connection.  some owners have switch to android unit which allows for carplay and mirroring.  as for the steering wheel controls, they work fine, not sure about the test unit, the technical team should have fixed this up properly as there is an in house supplier which sits at Komoco premises. 

KMC have sold 600 units of i30 to date and they mentioned this on the Hyundai FB page.  

• Praise 2

Same here, the SE also told me not support Apple CarPlay and Android Auto as well. 

• Praise 1

does the i30 come with kmc factory fitted dash camera? out of curiosity.

The dash camera does come from KMC,and is installed locally as the standard package by KMC,not at the Hyundai factory.

The dash camera does come from KMC,and is installed locally as the standard package by KMC,not at the Hyundai factory.

alright, thanks!! is it still the same HP cam as mentioned under the Elantra/Avante thread?

alright, thanks!! is it still the same HP cam as mentioned under the Elantra/Avante thread?

I'm not very sure,but I will reckon it is.They would generally have one standard brand(model) that they would give (needs to be confirmed)

Thanks.

↡ Advertisement