2017 Hyundai i30

Thecarboy302

(edited)

looks like facelift coming. Anyone knows when its dued?

The i30 hatchback is back for sale (not sure if facelifted) but with some major changes below -

The 1.4T engine have been factory detuned to 128hp, down from 138hp to fit within Cat A. The wagon still retain the 138hp engine.

It also feature driver knee and side curtain airbags as default, up from 2 airbags. Also the factory-fitted HU (carplay/android auto) and full LED headlights.

Pricing wise is retailing for 90999 as of today

27fBmkN.jpg

Edited by Ceecookie
  • Praise 6

The i30 hatchback is back for sale (not sure if facelifted) but with some major changes below -

The 1.4T engine have been factory detuned to 128hp, down from 138hp to fit within Cat A. The wagon still retain the 138hp engine.

It also feature driver knee and side curtain airbags as default, up from 2 airbags. Also the factory-fitted HU (carplay/android auto) and full LED headlights.

27fBmkN.jpg

business lai liao for tuner.

I believe piggyback increase boost pressure easily get back the same 138hp or higher.

• Praise 1

27fBmkN.jpg

Wow $91k for these amount of features is indeed VFM. [laugh]

Performance wise easily can tune to much higher. 

• Praise 3

The price premium over the Avante justified or not?

A 1.6NA engine vs a 1.4T Engine. Torsion Rear vs MultiLink. Not too sure whether justified or not. 

• Praise 2

i am more interested to know if the interior is as roomy as the avante/cerato and if it's filled with hard plastic trim like the avante

• Praise 2

Supercharged
(edited)

i am more interested to know if the interior is as roomy as the avante/cerato and if it's filled with hard plastic trim like the avante

You can go down to the showroom and see i30 and Avante for comparison. Different people got different perspectives, you got to see in real to compare. Somemore can test drive too. Edited by Daniu82
  • Praise 2

You can go down to the showroom and see i30 and Avante for comparison. Different people got different perspectives, you got to see in real to compare. Somemore can test drive too.

Interior is probably still the same apart from the down tuning of the engine.

Avante's interior is bigger but i30's quality is better, in terms of quality of switch gear and the door panel. I30's door panel at the top for all 4 doors is soft touch whereas Avante's is all hard. One is made in Korea, the other is made in Europe.

• Praise 3

Avante interior will be much more roomier in the rear, as having a longer wheelbase of 2700mm versus 2650mm of i30.

Apart, i30 sits lower too hence making entry and exit more difficult than Avante. If you are getting the hatchback than the wagon, it also has lesser headroom as compared with the Avante. Avante front passenger seat also comes with height adjustment that is absent for the i30.

Cabin quality wise i30 is much better. There are plenty of soft touch plastics around (dash areas and at the door panel). Even for the hard plastic parts, you can touch and feel to know that i30 is of better quality.

Last but not least, i30 paintwork comes with thicker layers. Avante paintwork will be as thin as the Accent.

Hope these helps.

The price premium over the Avante justified or not?

The price of i30 hatchback is just 3K above Avante Elite model. I heard that i30 OMV is around sgd1K more which makes sense in this instance.

Not to mention that you are driving a turbo charged engine over the NA one in Avante. People that who has top priority on performance will appreciate the i30 hatchback pricing. :) 

• Praise 8

Turbocharged

27fBmkN.jpg

Got promo now for i30 - $85,999.

• Praise 3

This pricing makes more sense now considering it is in cat A now.

Alot of people dont realise that the engine has been downtuned too

That is a good pricing. With OMV ard 18k+ and neutral VES, annual depre is at 7.7k~ per year

Anyway someone else was asking about 0-100 timing for the 128hp model. Since the torque output is unchanged at 242NM, i think the timing should be similar if not unchanged at 9 seconds.

Brochure

• Praise 1

Twincharged

Singaporeans still not so keen on a hatch. If they use the same engine detuned in an avante. It’s a sure winner at 80-85k