2017 Hyundai i30

Thecarboy302

Supercharged

So far I've only seen 1 fastback at my area, doubt kmc even managed to sell more than 10 units previously.

I30 should be quite attractive now that it's in cat A and a retune will bring the power back easily.

Those who r looking at small hatch. I30 is the best all rounder lor.

Ibiza. Polo prob too short for some. But ibiza good spec n drivr but interior too plasticy. Polo not bad but price choking.

Then u have golf which is yrs old and 100k plus too. And then mazda 3 hatch cost as much as a3.

Mazda 2 also kinda smaller i feel.

Fit interior quite spacious but 2 airbags. Price good.

Then stonic is there.

↡ Advertisement

Those who r looking at small hatch. I30 is the best all rounder lor.

Ibiza. Polo prob too short for some. But ibiza good spec n drivr but interior too plasticy. Polo not bad but price choking.

Then u have golf which is yrs old and 100k plus too. And then mazda 3 hatch cost as much as a3.

Mazda 2 also kinda smaller i feel.

Fit interior quite spacious but 2 airbags. Price good.

Then stonic is there.

Stonic vs i30t, i30t anytime. Proper 1.4turbo engine and it wont feel breathless when you decide to hit the nshw at speeds above 120kmh.

Supercharged

Stonic vs i30t, i30t anytime. Proper 1.4turbo engine and it wont feel breathless when you decide to hit the nshw at speeds above 120kmh.

Stonic the center rest part. That divider btw driver n passenger hor like sibei filmsy. But its a good looking car.

I tink same engine as polo and ibiza for the 1.0t. Quite perky one. Good for city drive

Inspired by the chio pics on top and visited kmc yesterday... indeed looks a very tempting buy. Package offered by SE included 5yr warranty but no servicing, is that “normal”? Recall seeing earlier posts of 7+7...

• Praise 1

Inspired by the chio pics on top and visited kmc yesterday... indeed looks a very tempting buy. Package offered by SE included 5yr warranty but no servicing, is that ânormalâ? Recall seeing earlier posts of 7+7...

You want 10 years servicing also can, pay only.

Inspired by the chio pics on top and visited kmc yesterday... indeed looks a very tempting buy. Package offered by SE included 5yr warranty but no servicing, is that ânormalâ? Recall seeing earlier posts of 7+7...

Free svcing is a double edged sword. It certainly gives u some peace of mind but u r tied to Shell Helix engine oil that KMC uses. In addition, if u intend to make enhancements in the future, it may be better to have your car serviced elsewhere.

Inspired by the chio pics on top and visited kmc yesterday... indeed looks a very tempting buy. Package offered by SE included 5yr warranty but no servicing, is that “normal”? Recall seeing earlier posts of 7+7...

The additional 2 years warranty may be essential, even to pay some extra costs.

With current pricing, I doubt the 7+7 will be offered. Not to mention good response on their new Cat A i30 hatchback.

Anyone has gotten his COE for the last bid?

Free svcing is a double edged sword. It certainly gives u some peace of mind but u r tied to Shell Helix engine oil that KMC uses. In addition, if u intend to make enhancements in the future, it may be better to have your car serviced elsewhere.

I think their packages do offer 5W30 oil instead of the standard 5W40... not sure but I think all these oils about the same standard of quality lor...

Komoco have an in-house warranty extension to 7 years (+2 years, max 200k mileage) for engine and transmission units.

However, you need to purchase and maintain 2 year service package ($988) with them while the car is less than 6 years old. U can call their svc centre to find out more details on this.

Indeed the current pricing is tempting as I was looking for a change from NA engine! just that during test drive the turbo lag really striked me especially when accelerate from rest ... any advice from bros here on reducing this feeling of press-pedal-but-no-response? SE recommended using paddle shifter

Indeed the current pricing is tempting as I was looking for a change from NA engine! just that during test drive the turbo lag really striked me especially when accelerate from rest ... any advice from bros here on reducing this feeling of press-pedal-but-no-response? SE recommended using paddle shifter ð¤·ââï¸

Try sports mode and step harder?

Actually the i30.turbo lag is not too bad as turbo kicks in from 1.5k rpm onwards.

• Praise 1

Indeed the current pricing is tempting as I was looking for a change from NA engine! just that during test drive the turbo lag really striked me especially when accelerate from rest ... any advice from bros here on reducing this feeling of press-pedal-but-no-response? SE recommended using paddle shifter

• Praise 1

(edited)

I think their packages do offer 5W30 oil instead of the standard 5W40... not sure but I think all these oils about the same standard of quality lor...

It's not the viscosity, it's the brand.

Try sports mode and step harder?

Actually the i30.turbo lag is not too bad as turbo kicks in from 1.5k rpm onwards.

Indeed. Its not the engine, its the transmission. In normal mode, to reduce wear on the clutch the engagement is slow. Just switch to sports mode and the difference is noticeable. You don't drive the i30 like your typical Korean and jap B&B models. Give the accelerator a decisive and firm prod to make quick progress.. Not feathering the throttle. Edited by Dinkydong
  • Praise 1

Supercharged

Indeed the current pricing is tempting as I was looking for a change from NA engine! just that during test drive the turbo lag really striked me especially when accelerate from rest ... any advice from bros here on reducing this feeling of press-pedal-but-no-response? SE recommended using paddle shifter ð¤·ââï¸

Maybe u try ibiza 1.0t. Its a better drive. Maybe becoz its smaller. But torquier.

But i believe i30 is good for highway drive.

Indeed. Its not the engine, its the transmission. In normal mode, to reduce wear on the clutch the engagement is slow. Just switch to sports mode and the difference is noticeable. You don't drive the i30 like your typical Korean and jap B&B models. Give the accelerator a decisive and firm prod to make quick progress.. Not feathering the throttle.

Drive it like any turbo charged cars. Just floor a bit more... then u feel the drive better

Indeed. Its not the engine, its the transmission. In normal mode, to reduce wear on the clutch the engagement is slow. Just switch to sports mode and the difference is noticeable. You don't drive the i30 like your typical Korean and jap B&B models. Give the accelerator a decisive and firm prod to make quick progress.. Not feathering the throttle.

Brand got a lot of difference meh? I mean around the same price range, quality should be about the same right?

(edited)

Brand got a lot of difference meh? I mean around the same price range, quality should be about the same right?

No big difference in quality. For a car like the i30 with a turbocharged gdi engine, u need an engine oil with low noack and good lubrication at high temp.

Go watch the entire series..

Edited by Dinkydong

Not entirely relevant sorry, but any bros know if possible to change the gas pedal from a hanging type to a floor-mounted type?

Should be doable since there is already an aftermarket organ pedal for the i30 just that it's designed for the Korean lhd model. I think it should fit our RHD cars.
↡ Advertisement