2017 Hyundai i30

Thecarboy302

The i30 is a powerful car in it's segment.

Only disappointment is the cramped interior, similar to the Accent.

The interior is comparable to Avante. I don't see how it's as cramped as the accent
↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

The interior is comparable to Avante. I don't see how it's as cramped as the accent

You try to sit behind in the i30 and compare the leg room with the Avante. It's worlds apart.

Boot is also smaller as the i30 is a hatch.

Avante has bigger boot space n back seats having longer leg room.

Din chk out accent so no comments.

I30 does have better interior.

Avante elite has better specs than i30. 1k lower in omv than i30.

Hatchback vs sedan. Driving feel diff. I30 does sprint a bit faster. More responsive a bit.

• Praise 1

The wagon is surely more spacious if that is what you need.

Can't possibly compare a hot hatch with a sedan though.

Avante has bigger boot space n back seats having longer leg room.

Din chk out accent so no comments.

I30 does have better interior.

Avante elite has better specs than i30. 1k lower in omv than i30.

Hatchback vs sedan. Driving feel diff. I30 does sprint a bit faster. More responsive a bit.

Definitely way more responsible than my avante no doubt.

• Praise 1

You try to sit behind in the i30 and compare the leg room with the Avante. It's worlds apart.

Boot is also smaller as the i30 is a hatch.

Dont think Avante can have this kind of potential.  [:p]

post-8776-0-80089900-1566529720_thumb.png

Source: E***Sp***s T****g

Both models are for different market segment and buyer demographic. Which is why KMC didnt bring in Elantra/Avante Turbo because it will cannibalise i30 sales.

Edited by Ceecookie

Dont think Avante can have this kind of potential. [:p]

Screenshot 2019-08-23 at 11.06.03 AM.png

Source: E***Sp***s T****g

Both models are for different market segment and buyer demographic. Which is why KMC didnt bring in Elantra/Avante Turbo because it will cannibalise i30 sales.

Question is whether the GB can handle the uprated torque?

Question is whether the GB can handle the uprated torque?

The DCT is designed to handle max 340n/m of torque. For the stage 2 figures above, some reinforcement to the clutch may be needed to exceed that torque figure

The DCT is designed to handle max 340n/m of torque. For the stage 2 figures above, some reinforcement to the clutch may be needed to exceed that torque figure

And don't forget to upgrade the disc rotors & brakes. Power is nothing without control.

The 5 years warranty is also void with the Stage 1 & 2 upgrades.

Edited by Vinceng
  • Praise 2

On 8/7/2019 at 10:29 PM, Acegem84 said:

1. 225/45/17.  It will be stated on your driver door panel. 

2. Leong Seng, Arrow tyres, Al tyres etc  

Anyone upgrade to 225/45/18 before ?

• Praise 1

unfortunately for other brands within the same category running 1.4 turbo such as VW, you can see the AD is doing the usual tricks trying to void warranty.  Luckily no such issue with Hyundai in this respect.  Issues such as battery swap have been done without any drama. 

Edited by Gz0707

10 hours ago, Gz0707 said:

unfortunately for other brands within the same category running 1.4 turbo such as VW, you can see the AD is doing the usual tricks trying to void warranty.  Luckily no such issue with Hyundai in this respect.  Issues such as battery swap have been done without any drama. 

was comparing this with the new bmw 1 series. almost similar specs but half the price, i guess branding really makes a difference. 

On 8/28/2019 at 9:42 PM, ferrytales said:

was comparing this with the new bmw 1 series. almost similar specs but half the price, i guess branding really makes a difference. 

BMW 1 series also use 1.4 L turbo with only 128 hp meh?

On 8/23/2019 at 12:20 PM, Vinceng said:

And don't forget to upgrade the disc rotors & brakes. Power is nothing without control.

The 5 years warranty is also void with the Stage 1 & 2 upgrades.

Does the new i30 has lots of brake dust?

I don't like the sight of dirty rims.

On 8/28/2019 at 9:42 PM, ferrytales said:

Of course. 

Buyers of BMW 1 series, Audi A3, Mercedes A class are just buying for the snob appeal.

People look at you differently if you drive any of the above makes, even if it is the base model.

You can be driving a brand new $150K 2 litre Toyota Camry, but someone who pays less @ $117K for a 1 litre Audi A3 would be perceived as having a higher social standing in life, more well to do and more successful in life.

For example, at a gathering or event....    "What car do you drive?"  ....  "I drive  aToyota" as against "I drive an Audi" (never mind it's a base model 999cc, 3 cylinder, 12 valve Hungarian assembled Audi A3, with interior no bigger than a Perodua Bezza).

Who would you feel more confident to deal with?

Edited by Vinceng

13 hours ago, Vinceng said:

Of course. 

Buyers of BMW 1 series, Audi A3, Mercedes A class are just buying for the snob appeal.

People look at you differently if you drive any of the above makes, even if it is the base model.

You can be driving a brand new $150K 2 litre Toyota Camry, but someone who pays less @ $117K for a 1 litre Audi A3 would be perceived as having a higher social standing in life, more well to do and more successful in life.

For example, at a gathering or event....    "What car do you drive?"  ....  "I drive  aToyota" as against "I drive an Audi" (never mind it's a base model 999cc, 3 cylinder, 12 valve Hungarian assembled Audi A3, with interior no bigger than a Perodua Bezza).

Who would you feel more confident to deal with?

depends on the gathering/event as well. 

20 hours ago, teomingern said:

BMW 1 series also use 1.4 L turbo with only 128 hp meh?

1.5turbo, 138hp + 220nm according to sgcarmart.

the previous i30 turbo is 138hp + 242nm and the new i30turbo is the same downtuned engine so a retune will bring the figures up way beyond. 

↡ Advertisement