2017 Hyundai i30

Thecarboy302

14 hours ago, Rayong said:

hyundai i30.,any kaki dismentled to discover the engine prote, ting underneath cover hav oils stain. flooded almost the, entire plastic pan

Use the dipstick and check your engine oil level. Are u losing engine oil. If u are, contact KMC svc centre to make an appt asap. If not, it may just be a careless mechanic that splashed engine oil all over in the process of performing an oil change.

Edited by Dinkydong
↡ Advertisement

They drain the oil for servicing without removing the cover. Might be oil being spilled rather than engine oil leak? Your trip computer will flash an alarm message if your engine oil level is too low. You can check using the dipstick.

Neutral Newbie

damper oils, seal found leaking.. replaced fixed the issue. but dued to oils spills to the belt.. while making teip to batu pahat on deepavali .the belt start to deterate.. managed to found next by w.shop to replaced the alternator belt.. lucky to hav spare part supplier on holiday season..

17 hours ago, thechoseone said:

Hi Bros, i just gotten a 2018 i30 Turbo. Can check if you guys still going back Komoco for servicing? Or are there any recommeded workshop outside. Thanks!

Its not necessary to go back to Komoco for servicing as long as u are comfortable with a workshop outside. U might like to check with the previous owner if there is any free servicings left (if there is a service package included). 

If u do not know a workshop u are familiar with for servicing, u can bring it to Harmony Motors at AMK Point. They are familiar with Hyundais, including the i30.

Edited by Dinkydong

1 hour ago, Dinkydong said:

Its not necessary to go back to Komoco for servicing as long as u are comfortable with a workshop outside. U might like to check with the previous owner if there is any free servicings left (if there is a service package included). 

If u do not know a workshop u are familiar with for servicing, u can bring it to Harmony Motors at AMK Point. They are familiar with Hyundais, including the i30.

Thanks for the recommendation! 😄

On 11/16/2019 at 11:30 PM, thechoseone said:

Hi Bros, i just gotten a 2018 i30 Turbo. Can check if you guys still going back Komoco for servicing? Or are there any recommeded workshop outside. Thanks!

Don't ever go back to Komoco after the warranty period. They slaughter you with the sharpest Samurai sword that you can find. The servce staff are worse than NInjas, arrogant and rude. I buy my parts from Min Ghee and replace at Sin Min Auto, or better still Johore Bahru.

• Praise 2

4 hours ago, Fierydragon said:

Don't ever go back to Komoco after the warranty period. They slaughter you with the sharpest Samurai sword that you can find. The servce staff are worse than NInjas, arrogant and rude. I buy my parts from Min Ghee and replace at Sin Min Auto, or better still Johore Bahru.

Currently it is still under warranty, Would it be recommended to go outside workshop service instead? Would it void the warranty?

1 hour ago, thechoseone said:

Currently it is still under warranty, Would it be recommended to go outside workshop service instead? Would it void the warranty?

If doing outside servicing, keep proper service record and ensure they do good job. Komoco won't void warranty as long as proper maintenance is done. 

1 hour ago, Ceecookie said:

If doing outside servicing, keep proper service record and ensure they do good job. Komoco won't void warranty as long as proper maintenance is done. 

Thanks bro, will take note of this.

Has anyone experience a vibration or rattling sound coming from the 9" HU when accelerating or braking and coming to a stop? 

I can confirm the sound is coming from the HU is because when i use my hand to hold the HU, the vibration or rattling sound stopped.

Any solution to dampen the sound?

On 11/23/2019 at 9:36 AM, Ceecookie said:

Komoco is pretty chill about warranty issues from my experience. They aren't out to fault you for unrelated issues. I got my driver seat rails replaced with no questions asked even though I stopped going back for servicing for 1 year. Some ADs will tell you to go fly kite, warranty void cos you never come back.

• Praise 2

On 12/1/2019 at 9:51 AM, flashbang said:

Komoco is pretty chill about warranty issues from my experience. They aren't out to fault you for unrelated issues. I got my driver seat rails replaced with no questions asked even though I stopped going back for servicing for 1 year. Some ADs will tell you to go fly kite, warranty void cos you never come back.

agree with you.  quite a few have changed their turbos and some even twice. so KMC does not nitpick on the warranty issues, generally speaking. that gives some comfort during the warranty period for owners, technical issues aside.   

On 11/24/2019 at 10:47 AM, thechoseone said:

Has anyone experience a vibration or rattling sound coming from the 9" HU when accelerating or braking and coming to a stop? 

I can confirm the sound is coming from the HU is because when i use my hand to hold the HU, the vibration or rattling sound stopped.

Any solution to dampen the sound?

Just go back to Komoco and demonstrate the rattling to the customer service officer... they'll fix it... or even change the mounting... I have confidence it can be fixed and Komoco will be able to fix it...

Neutral Newbie
On 9/2/2019 at 9:42 AM, ferrytales said:

1.5turbo, 138hp + 220nm according to sgcarmart.

the previous i30 turbo is 138hp + 242nm and the new i30turbo is the same downtuned engine so a retune will bring the figures up way beyond. 

Most people will NOT need or even feel the "missing" 10hp. The specs looks similar except for the 10hp and the max rev. It seems to me they just limit the top rev from 6000 to 5500, which is where the 10hp comes from.

How many pushes the car to 6000rpm in SG?

Torque is similar, and is max at 242 and available from 1500 RPM.

As mentioned in today's LIFE, "hp sells cars, torque wins races".

Essentially the same engine but better speced car for a lower COE and much better value.

Had some jerking n vibrations in mid to high gear range during drive. Brought my wagon in next day and it stayed overnight for clutch + turbo charger change.  Mileage is under 50,000 km for 1.5 yr old car.  On flip side, the agent is pretty co-operative in allowing warranty claims. So u decide if Hyundai is worth it to own and drive.  

On 12/7/2019 at 10:58 AM, See_nik said:

Most people will NOT need or even feel the "missing" 10hp. The specs looks similar except for the 10hp and the max rev. It seems to me they just limit the top rev from 6000 to 5500, which is where the 10hp comes from.

How many pushes the car to 6000rpm in SG?

Torque is similar, and is max at 242 and available from 1500 RPM.

As mentioned in today's LIFE, "hp sells cars, torque wins races".

Essentially the same engine but better speced car for a lower COE and much better value.

Me... sometimes... ha ha... close to 6000 RPM but usually at 5500 RPM... overtaking lor...

↡ Advertisement