2017 Hyundai i30

Thecarboy302

but auto, but drive in manual form, order meepok dry but dont want meepok ?

Interesting..

I believe its not all gloom and doom. Just need to drive it the way it was designed.

I know of people who still drive DCT and do inching forward because during the traffic jam don't want people to cut in. But that's a sure fire way to burn up your DCT.

Auto gearbox tends to put in gear in wrong spot. It pushes up smoothly into 5th gear and then you realise 4th or 3rd is where you wanna be. Not the most intuitive. But not so sure about the 8 speed new boxes. Maybe they have improved lots more.

Traffic is probably the more troublesome spot for DCT. Anyway will find out soon. Test drive was also done using auto hold. Which means can stop and not worry so much creep overheating the GB. Every format has its pros and cons. Some rave about higher spec BMW GB, but that's above my zone liao

• Praise 1

Auto gearbox tends to put in gear in wrong spot. It pushes up smoothly into 5th gear and then you realise 4th or 3rd is where you wanna be. Not the most intuitive. But not so sure about the 8 speed new boxes. Maybe they have improved lots more.

Traffic is probably the more troublesome spot for DCT. Anyway will find out soon. Test drive was also done using auto hold. Which means can stop and not worry so much creep overheating the GB. Every format has its pros and cons. Some rave about higher spec BMW GB, but that's above my zone liao

It depends on the gearbox programme... for if type of cars we drive here... the normal everyday cars, the gearbox is programmed towards fuel efficiency... hence it changes up at the slightest opportunity... but for high performance cars, the gearbox is programmed for performance and tends to hold the revs... if you have sport mode in your car, you can activate it and you'll see that the gearbox is not so keen to change up...
  • Praise 1

Neutral Newbie

Omg!! I30 wagon cost $103,999 now!!

Wait for some more time. COE is going down price will also go down.

Supersonic

Wait for some more time. COE is going down price will also go down.

Even though COE seems to going down, but still can find many B&B cars close to $100k or more.

Even though COE seems to going down, but still can find many B&B cars close to $100k or more.

Not surprising.

If all gang up and price around there,when can you do even if coe drops?lol....

The market is weak actually. But govt reduces coe quotas with zero growth concept. When dealers are selling less cars, they got to up the margin of every car they are selling. Hence its difficult for them to lower the car price as much as coe. Especially when sales is bad, they still got fixed overhead to run.

(edited)

its ok.. some of the cars we wish to own normally is above our pay grade... [laugh]

Omg!! I30 wagon cost $103,999 now!!

I also notice that.

Not sure is it no stock so might as well raise the price in anticipation for the VES

Means those that got the early batch had more than 10K discount due to the higher cost of COE with a lower base price of the selling price.

Edited by Sdf4786k

the price was pushed upwards for the wagon as existing stocks ran out.  so any arrivals will incur not have VES rebate anyway.  but based on the higher scrap value, the difference in actual price is only 5k at the end.  the upfront buying price is higher, needing more loan, as a few ppl  already know. 

but the hatch is still listed at 92k, huge price difference from the wagon now.  

(edited)

Turbo just kicked in. Above 100k, hard to move.

Since OMV less than 20K, the 70% loan option will still attract some buyers - almost same price as Altis but better specs in most ways, less the LED lights, Electtic driver seat and 17" wheels

Edited by retrozz

(edited)

My SE texted me $99,999...

I reckon the wagon is a better buy. cos of 7 air bags and it's not that much longer, just give you more boot space only - length is only 4584 cm and not much longer than most sedans.  wagon stocks all sold out, hence price increase cos new stocks will only arrive Aug/Sep.

Edited by Gz0707

I reckon the wagon is a better buy. cos of 7 air bags and it's not that much longer, just give you more boot space only - length is only 4584 cm and not much longer than most sedans. wagon stocks all sold out, hence price increase cos new stocks will only arrive Aug/Sep.

They told me july..

Just wait for the price to drop lar... it will go back down when there is stock... now they're capitalizing on your need to buy the car cos advertised as out of stock... get the SE to call you when there's ready stock lor... then you book... no point paying an extra $4000 just for reservation...

↡ Advertisement