2017 Hyundai i30

Thecarboy302

Anybody upgrade their i30 headunit to something which can support android auto and yet the controls on the steering wheel still works? Any recommendations for such headunit and price range?

went to KMC today, packed but nobody seem keen on the i30...maybe is price bah which is good, so we test drove this beauty

will return for her if coe drops

The i30 is rather plain, in the vein of euro styling. Having driven it for a few days, I find the ride conti 'feel' and comfortable enough. Hyundai has done well with this model, too bad it's understated. The i30 modsters have gone on to change rims and lowered suspension. This bodes well as more owners enjoy the ride. Some reviews have also called the i30 most un-Korean of the Hyundai range. Looks small on the outside, very spacious inside. But the interior is plain,can be improved lots.

(edited)

I find i30 front quite plain looking...

Maybe just me...

I find the i30 front is plain too. Just too Audish than Hyundaish. Lacks its own character. Edited by Heartbreakid

went to KMC today, packed but nobody seem keen on the i30...maybe is price bah which is good, so we test drove this beauty

will return for her if coe drops

Price drop not even 1 week when coe drop.. now i30 wagon price went up again..

went to the showroom today. was told by SE i30 HB 3rd tier price is 92K 6 bids non guaranteed. 3 years free servicing. SE said no discount given even take up loan. anyone managed to get discount before?

went to the showroom today. was told by SE i30 HB 3rd tier price is 92K 6 bids non guaranteed. 3 years free servicing. SE said no discount given even take up loan. anyone managed to get discount before?

i was offered same

SE told me today for i30 hatchback, komoco throwing in 8 inch info screen (same as wagon one).

For the wagon, SE said they intending to soon order the original 8 inch screen from Korea which come with apple car play. The current one is locally fitted. This move will likely raise the OMV for that batch onwards

• Praise 1

It is quiet... but some like to mod lor...

Got to be carful hor. By default, the car has been sound proofed to meet certain level. Adding tons of sound proof materials might only add weight and alter the sound frequencies entering th cabin. You might not hear the bus next to you but might start hearing more high pitch noise like bikes.

anyone encounter issue with i30 DCT gearbox?  From what I read, it is a dry dual clutch implementation.  Not sure if it is as problematic as VW DSG dry gearbox.

• Praise 1

(edited)

SE told me today for i30 hatchback, komoco throwing in 8 inch info screen (same as wagon one).

For the wagon, SE said they intending to soon order the original 8 inch screen from Korea which come with apple car play. The current one is locally fitted. This move will likely raise the OMV for that batch onwards

Wow... having the original HU sounds good... willing to pay for it... anyway they won't have it installed when imported... they import the unit in separately and then install in Singapore... probably took a while to train either their installers or the company contracted to fit in all these HU to learn how to do it... this way the OMV won't go too high... otherwise it will affect both the price and affordability cos the loan quantum will be affected... Edited by teomingern