2017 Hyundai i30

Thecarboy302

I think the i30 wagon has good sales.. prices keep increasing.. coe down also increase.. coe up also increase.. coe no move price also increase...

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

Neutral Newbie

Got to be carful hor. By default, the car has been sound proofed to meet certain level. Adding tons of sound proof materials might only add weight and alter the sound frequencies entering th cabin. You might not hear the bus next to you but might start hearing more high pitch noise like bikes.

Ever try sit at the back and drive in high speed? It is still quiet than other car?

Ever try sit at the back and drive in high speed? It is still quiet than other car?

I m sorry but I don't get what you are saying.

I mean what is the noise level for passenger sitting at the back seat.

Sound proofing at the rear won't be as good as the front... the boot area isn't as well insulated as the front...

Sound proofing at the rear won't be as good as the front... the boot area isn't as well insulated as the front...

Not really. For the hatch model sound insulation between the front and the rear is quite even unlike the Golf. For the huge savings u can soundproof the entire car until its really very quiet.

Not really. For the hatch model sound insulation between the front and the rear is quite even unlike the Golf. For the huge savings u can soundproof the entire car until its really very quiet.

Wow... that's quite unexpected... since a hatch has that huge rear cavity... and also unexpected for a Golf, seeing that it sets the standard in this category on most review sites...

SE told me today for i30 hatchback, komoco throwing in 8 inch info screen (same as wagon one).

For the wagon, SE said they intending to soon order the original 8 inch screen from Korea which come with apple car play. The current one is locally fitted. This move will likely raise the OMV for that batch onwards

Since when got 8" provided by KMC?

First batch i30 HB came with 5" (locally fitted) and was offered a free upgrade to 9" (locally fitted).

Wagon was all along 9" (locally fitted).

There were no options for 8".

(edited)

Since when got 8" provided by KMC?

First batch i30 HB came with 5" (locally fitted) and was offered a free upgrade to 9" (locally fitted).

Wagon was all along 9" (locally fitted).

There were no options for 8".

Probably a mistake in size by CSO. But she did clearly mentioned about the free upgrade for HB and potential future switch to factory fitted HU (carplay compatible)for stationwagon Edited by Ceecookie

Probably a mistake in size by CSO. But she did clearly mentioned about the free upgrade for HB and potential future switch to factory fitted HU (carplay compatible)for stationwagon

the free upgrade you mentioned MAY be opened to future owners, but I'm pretty sure it's not available to current batch of owners.

discussion on the dreadful WinCE HU is almost a daily affair for us in our Telegram groupchat.

• Praise 1

Almost 1 month and 3,000 km on the wagon, no complaints and happy to have picked this ride. In fact, this model is so unknown to most people that some mistake it for the Ioniq and know mush less about its euro origins, even though the i30 is commonly used as silver cab.  Bumped into a guy who just booked the CLA shooting brake for 155k and he was sounded regretful he did not see the i30 wagon earlier and promptly went to shoot some pics to show his friends. 

still on stock rims and no internal upgrades, the car is smooth and powerful for a Subby Forester to follow closely for a friendly nudge.  those who have travelled up north will attest to its pick up and TC ride. Generally ok, except for some owners who are waiting for agent to come back with assistance on the lack of power in 1st n 2nd gears as this is an automated manual, NOT an auto.  

• Praise 1

Nice review! More details please?

Not a review Bro. Just some thoughts only! I compared the i30 with say the Kia Carens, the feel is definitely more conti for sure. Of cos there's also some cons and not all happiness. As reviews have noted, the i30 interior is quite boring and abit utilitarian. It's functional, not beautiful inside,due to plastics use. But for me, the drive is fairly engaging enough, without further mods. The position that both hatch and wagon occupy is interesting, comparative to the 20k cheaper Elantra. But the owners and fans of this car are car Enthusiasts I guess, although the odd one has surfaced with lesser understanding of the dual clutch system. Not to say that every one should be a dual clutch fan, but you really do enjoy the smooth gear shifts especially against the visually monstronic CHR which seem more menacing but draws on lack of power, from my experience. All show and no go. This car is less show and definitely more go.

Just bought i30 wagon fiery red at $99,999 today.. hope its a good buy..

on facebook, you can join i30SG turbo or 3rd Generation i30 Singapore Group (i30 PDe) - both are i30 specific groups and fairly active

Edited by Gz0707
↡ Advertisement