2017 Hyundai i30

Thecarboy302

Thanks for the feebdack bros.

Bro Ceecookie,

The fastback and wagon generally to be different type of cars actually.

Fastback is actually following the concept of a coupe hence lowered ride, declining rear roof, stiffer suspension and tuning towards dynamic than refinement. All these are not so suitable for me who used to ferry my family, especially when with elderly on board.

How I wish that they could bring in the full specs for the wagon as I do not mind to pay for a few Ks extra. At least as a variant like the Elantra model.

GB wise the draggy, jerky and laggy is not just the characteristics. It's a question if it would last. A risk factor that bro Gz0707 has mentioned.

Btw bro Gz0707, I think you have a typo on wagon OMV. :) My last check from the same source (on Sep registered), i30 wagon OMV was yet available. Forgotten to check again for Oct registered. Anyway thanks for the update. :)

HU I thought most would source from Tong Lee Wee or Soon Lee. Seems that I am wrong. Anyway if you have purchased online from Aliexpress, Ebay, Q0010, Taobao etc merchants, you can look for Soon Lee to do the installation for you. Very reasonably price with good worksmenship. :) If with Android or Apple play then no need to worry about map update along the way. :)

As for the electric tailgate, its just a matter whether if it can be done with aftermarket. Since there are existing owners already done up with it, then there is no issue. Best if to complete with the smart boot sensor. :) I think the damage would probably be around $1K then.

KMC SE has watsapp me with the latest promo price at $98,999. Sounds good for a ride with OMV of $19K+. Am still considering as due to my concerns with the GB. Tucson is using the same GB and was registered with plenty of issues now in US.

that's a nice offer for the wagon :)

If committing to the wago, remember to ask for freebies. Heard the free dashcam can be given back for another $250-400 off.

Edited by Ceecookie
↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

Yes thats the stupidity of the current OMV system. But the 140% only apply on OMV amount 20,001 onwards.

Yes the wagon is pretty well package now and truly a family wagon. :)

$19,402 OMV or ARF looks good. :)

OMV >$20k also means buyers can only loan up to 60% from banks, so they have to put down a larger 40% downpayment, that limits the buyer market too... that's why most dealerships usually spec carefully to try and keep their car OMV below $20k..

Edited by Coolant
  • Praise 1

that's a nice offer for the wagon :)

If committing to the wago, remember to ask for freebies. Heard the free dashcam can be given back for another $250-400 off.

Haha, I always nego for freebies when buying new car. :p

Thanks for sharing on the dashcam bro.

OMV >$20k also means buyers can only loan up to 60% from banks, so they have to put down a larger 40% downpayment, that limits the buyer market too... that's why most dealerships usually spec carefully to try and keep their car OMV below $20k.

Agreed. If it was a luxury brand then will be easier to get buyers. Not for Hyundai definitely.

• Praise 1

Finally done, just put down the deposit for the HB. Got good discount on existing stock that have the old 9 inch locally fitted screen

how much was it? is the future stock going to have the stock HU?

• Praise 2

how much was it? is the future stock going to have the stock HU?

I got it for 87999. Return the dashcam for extra 250 rebate. I heard from my SE that after they clear this month stock, next batch will have the stock HU like the wagon but the price will be back up to 94999.

• Praise 3

I got it for 87999. Return the dashcam for extra 250 rebate. I heard from my SE that after they clear this month stock, next batch will have the stock HU like the wagon but the price will be back up to 94999.

[thumbsup] Good price no competition come close to this pricing given the performance it has.

• Praise 4

[thumbsup] Good price no competition come close to this pricing given the performance it has.

Money for value for the i30.  Was looking at the Renault Scenic yesterday (at MCF event) and the 1-100 kph comes in only at over 12 sec.  When I tested the Megane GT (7.1 sec for 0-100), the SE asked me why did I choose the i30, I simply reminded her of the price gap of 30k.  she could not refute that. 

Edited by Gz0707
  • Praise 1

Money for value for the i30.  Was looking at the Renault Scenic yesterday (at MCF event) and the 1-100 kph comes in only at over 12 sec.  When I tested the Megane GT (7.1 sec for 0-100), the SE asked me why did I choose the i30, I simply reminded her of the price gap of 30k.  she could not refute that. 

Yea 30k difference is a lot. Just spend around maybe 1k can already tune up the 1.4T. Stage 1 already quite a fair bit of improvement :D .

https://www.facebook.com/Eurosportssg/posts/hyundai-i30-14t-gdi-stage-1-tuned-with-only-kn-filter-at-eurosports-performance-/1765231983557414/

• Praise 3

Haha, Matt Watson, right? Love his videos.

Well, he's from the UK, and they're more into engaging drives than the rest of the world. Part of the reason for the old Mondeos' incredible success at the time. But he does also talk about the comfort of the car and he has high praise for the i40 estate in regards to how it soaks up bumps. I recall whenever I ride in an i40 taxi they're just so comfy and the Hyundais also often have great space.

I expect the same of the i30... though I doubt a Hyundai hatch will move a lot of units here, the Accent hatch wasn't really a volume product here, though the i30 would be more like an Elantra hatch (compact) than the supermini class that the Accent occupies.

Perhaps I will have to hire you as a not-PHV for a day for a relaxation trip!  :XD:

Currently the automobile industry to be rather quiet hence the drop in COE. Those who still going in to buy a ride is more of need than change. Hence my view is that the sales of budget rides (e.g. Hyundai models, vezel, shutter etc) will be going up. In comparison of Hyundai with other Japan makes, Hyundai seriously to be more value for money and with no compromise. And most Jap bread and butter models are sold by PIs which making Komoco to be more reliable and trustworthy. Just my view anyway. :)

• Praise 3

Bought and fitted Hella twin tone for my i30. The factory-fitted "Sung il" horn (inside the box) really CMI

p1Z3DLj.jpg

Must u run addition relay n change the fuse or plug n play?
  • Praise 1

how you guys find the interior space ?  I used to own a I30CW , the space then was so much better than now 

I30CW used to have a wheelbase of 2700mm compared to now 2650mm. It was indeed roomier in the previous i30CW, not just in terms of legroom but headroom as well.

• Praise 1

how you guys find the interior space ?  I used to own a I30CW , the space then was so much better than now 

the interior space is quite limited, but then again both hatch n wagon are in the small car category, so I can't complain. What's good for me is that I can get 600km per tank on Ron 95.  I reached 584 km before the yellow light started blinking. got pros n cons, of cos. 

there is one more extra set of android head unit from the group buy if u are keen.  I am collecting my set later this week. 

• Praise 1

there is one more extra set of android head unit from the group buy if u are keen.  I am collecting my set later this week. 

Thank you :). I'm thinking to get the head unit that can do android auto. You got the spec for the android head unit from group buy? 

• Praise 2

Thank you :). I'm thinking to get the head unit that can do android auto. You got the spec for the android head unit from group buy? 

Better if u join the i30SG group on FB and get the specs from the guy who co-ordinates the group buy, in case I get the specs wrong.  but basically is android ver 8 with 4 GB Ram and 32GB Rom. Otherwise just PM me and I will hook you up with him.