2017 Hyundai i30

Thecarboy302

For the DCT, isit possible to change the transmission fluid at komoco?

Life long fluid is bulls**t

Dont have to go back to komoco, buy the atf and do it outside.

Save you $$.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

Save you $$.

Don't you guys know 7DCT is dry clutch. Can change oil meh?
  • Praise 1

How u define reliability when the car is probably only 2 to 3 years old.

Never believe such postings.

Save you $$.

Can. Then gearbox no warranty by komoco should anything happen.

Supercharged

I would like to know the answer too. Is it the same as dry DSG gearbox?

Dry clutch does not means no transmission oil, there are still between 1-2 liters of oil for lubrication. 

Never believe such postings.
Can. Then gearbox no warranty by komoco should anything happen.

Dont see why transmission oil change outside komoco will void the warranty. They are one of the ADs that have removed the clause for voiding warranty from outside servicing. 

• Praise 2

Dry clutch does not means no transmission oil, there are still between 1-2 liters of oil for lubrication.

Dont see why transmission oil change outside komoco will void the warranty. They are one of the ADs that have removed the clause for voiding warranty from outside servicing.

Really? I didn't know that. Can anyone confirm if there is indeed oil to be changed? I am not a believer of life long oil as well.

Really? I didn't know that. Can anyone confirm if there is indeed oil to be changed? I am not a believer of life long oil as well.

As per user manual page 8-11. KMC svc centre mentioned their interval is change at every 100,000km

MTRvYKr.jpg

• Praise 1

gears and bearing still need oil for lubricate...

DCT does not means no gears and bearing.

is only the clutch pack without lubricate oil bath like wet clutch.

our old manual Tran clutch also dry, oil still needed for gearing part

• Praise 3

As per user manual page 8-11. KMC svc centre mentioned their interval is change at every 100,000km

MTRvYKr.jpg

WA. Learnt something new today. Thanks very much! Service interval recommended at 100k. I think I will get my changed at 50k. I kiasu.

Twincharged

Rented i30 with 18000 Km on it

My impression is seems pretty well build. Came with 16” steel rims and hub cover.

The steering wheel is pretty vague. The brakes are total crap as nearly din brake in time.

Engine very smooth with slight turbo lag

Pickup quite decent. FC was pretty decent as well.

No creaks or noise even from a abused rental is testament to the Long term durability.

In summary nice car .. only suggestion is probably upgrade to the N30 brakes to make it a complete package

• Praise 1

Neutral Newbie

Considering the i30 wagon as one of my choice for the next ride, heard from one of my friends that there are issue with the DCT identical to VW DSG, wonder if this is true. Would appreciate some advice from fellow i30 owners. Thanks in advance.

• Praise 2

Considering the i30 wagon as one of my choice for the next ride, heard from one of my friends that there are issue with the DCT identical to VW DSG, wonder if this is true. Would appreciate some advice from fellow i30 owners. Thanks in advance.

You can refer to the past few pages as this has been discussed before. It's mainly fixed with the new firmware from Nov 2018 batch onward
  • Praise 1

Hyundai's i30 Dct does not have issues associated with VWs DSG. It is generally a reliable gearbox. Otherwise u would have seen many owners complaint about it here. Having said that, u need to be aware of the shortcomings of a dual clutch transmission. It is not equipped with a torque converter. It will not be as smooth as a traditional auto gearbox in low speeds. Think of it more like an automated manual. In extremely long slow creeping traffic a dct transmission can heat up. If u have to drive through the Causeway often, it may be wise to stay away from any car equipped with a dual clutch gearbox.
  • Praise 3

You can refer to the past few pages as this has been discussed before. It's mainly fixed with the new firmware from Nov 2018 batch onward

This is not true. Mine is the Feb 19 shipment, still need to update with KMC.
  • Praise 2

Neutral Newbie

Hyundai's i30 Dct does not have issues associated with VWs DSG. It is generally a reliable gearbox. Otherwise u would have seen many owners complaint about it here. Having said that, u need to be aware of the shortcomings of a dual clutch transmission. It is not equipped with a torque converter. It will not be as smooth as a traditional auto gearbox in low speeds. Think of it more like an automated manual. In extremely long slow creeping traffic a dct transmission can heat up. If u have to drive through the Causeway often, it may be wise to stay away from any car equipped with a dual clutch gearbox.

Thanks very much, bro.
  • Praise 2

so far I never seen i30 crossing causeway during sunny hot day with long creeping jams like 2-3 hrs.

may be owners do know the issue and avoid the unnecessary to happen during that long jam.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1