2017 Hyundai i30

Thecarboy302

Sob sob. Booked avante liao leh. Thought i30 was 110k...

Now 85k okay de.. sob sob

Can change lar... they haven't do any paperwork actually... you're buying a more expensive model so should be ok... just try lar bro...
↡ Advertisement

Shouldnt be concerned with that. A simple Stage 1 tune will get u up to 200hp.

It comes with a robust DCT that can handle up to 340Nm of torque.

Any recommendation for workshops that does tuning for stage 1? 

• Praise 1

Supercharged

Can change lar... they haven't do any paperwork actually... you're buying a more expensive model so should be ok... just try lar bro...

Lemme go down komocco to see see the car then.

Exterior of i30 dun look that appealing as avante.

Interior looks nicer from pics though

I30 exterior looks more grown up. European influence.

Avante exterior nicee? mmmmm haha taste is subjective. I much prefer the elantra AD design.

• Praise 1

(edited)

yup they can probably change it as long as chassis hasn't been assigned to you yet. 

its all about $$ after all. i sat in the i30 while waiting to collect my avante, interior space is pretty comparable actually albeit a tiny little smaller for i30 but negligible. 

rear legroom is sufficient as well and if you don't need a huge boot space, i30 is good as a hot hatch with high tuning potential. 

Edited by makeanewcall

Twincharged

buy. i30 will easily tia avante 0-100. 100-200, 50-100kmh or whatever. and probably still have better fuel consumption. .

Taste is very subjective but I cannot stomach the looks of the new Avante, would rather go for Cerato if I were looking for a 1.6na sedan.

Build wise I believe i30 is more solidly build at its assembled in Europe. Close the doors on both cars and you will know the difference.

• Praise 3

Supercharged

buy. i30 will easily tia avante 0-100. 100-200, 50-100kmh or whatever. and probably still have better fuel consumption. .

This ride for lady leh. Hehe. No need to speed. Hehe

(edited)

This ride for lady leh. Hehe. No need to speed. Hehe

Its not just about speed, it's also about safety. I know of a i30 owner whos ride was a total loss on NS highway, having been rammed in the back by a msian coach. The impact threw the i30 into another car, then yet another car! All airbags deployed. Owner and wife came out largely unhurt except for a still neck. He swore by the car and bought back another i30! Edited by Dinkydong
  • Praise 3

Its not just about speed, it's also about safety. I know of a i30 owner whos ride was a total loss on NS highway, having been rammed in the back by a msian coach. The impact threw the i30 into another car, then yet another car! All airbags deployed. Owner and wife came out largely unhurt except for a still neck. He swore by the car and bought back another i30!

The pre facelift i30 had only 2 airbags right?

• Praise 1

What is the price of i30 this weekend? 

i30 was good priced when launch but its price kept going up when it got popular. Now less popular, looks like its a Golf killer once more.

Its been posted above, now on promotion at $85,999

What is the price of i30 this weekend? 

i30 was good priced when launch but its price kept going up when it got popular. Now less popular, looks like its a Golf killer once more.

• Praise 1

(edited)

Wagon has 7 airbags all along

was referring to the i30 hatch, not the wagon version. 

on a side note, both i30 and avante are priced very competitively but as a buyer gotta look at the main differences.

i30: 1.4turbo + dct

avante: 1.6 + 6at

turbo + dct will definitely require more delicate maintenance as compared to the 1.6 + 6at and drive wise i30 will definitely win hands down once you get the hang of the dual clutch and turbo. 

in hyundai reddit where the overseas elantras are also running 1.4t with dct, some of them are complaining about clutch failures too. 

Edited by makeanewcall

Give us an update bro...

I30 exterior looks more grown up. European influence.

Avante exterior nicee? mmmmm haha taste is subjective. I much prefer the elantra AD design.

Agree bro... that AD is the best in a long line of Elantra / Avante models...

Its not just about speed, it's also about safety. I know of a i30 owner whos ride was a total loss on NS highway, having been rammed in the back by a msian coach. The impact threw the i30 into another car, then yet another car! All airbags deployed. Owner and wife came out largely unhurt except for a still neck. He swore by the car and bought back another i30!

That's quite a scary experience to swear by the i30... in any case, on the Tucson thread, someone posted something similar except this was a landslide in Taiwan and the car was crushed by a 4-ton boulder but the couple in the car also survived with nothing more than some bruises.
  • Praise 1

was referring to the i30 hatch, not the wagon version.

on a side note, both i30 and avante are priced very competitively but as a buyer gotta look at the main differences.

i30: 1.4turbo + dct

avante: 1.6 + 6at

turbo + dct will definitely require more delicate maintenance as compared to the 1.6 + 6at and drive wise i30 will definitely win hands down once you get the hang of the dual clutch and turbo.

in hyundai reddit where the overseas elantras are also running 1.4t with dct, some of them are complaining about clutch failures too.

Ya you were asking dinkydong about the i30.accident and 7 airbags. That accident car was a white wagon.

Now all the new range all have 7 airbags.

• Praise 1

Ya you were asking dinkydong about the i30.accident and 7 airbags. That accident car was a white wagon.

Now all the new range all have 7 airbags.

That's great! 7 air bags should be standard in every car...

So bro... you still driving the K3 Cerato or not? You dressed up your car until very chio... remember the pictures you posted previously... ha ha...

↡ Advertisement