Jump to content
Thecarboy302

2017 Hyundai i30

Recommended Posts

22 hours ago, ferrytales said:

1.5turbo, 138hp + 220nm according to sgcarmart.

the previous i30 turbo is 138hp + 242nm and the new i30turbo is the same downtuned engine so a retune will bring the figures up way beyond. 

10 hp is nothing...

↡ Advertisement

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Recently kaki recd SE advise the i30 last week landed on spore shore.. curious has any one is collecting the cat A i30 (retuned to 128 bhp). Kindly advise as he still yet to recd car plate registration

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/3/2019 at 7:51 AM, teomingern said:

10 hp is nothing...

In NS highway. A car with less 10 bhp can only smell smoke vs the one added with 10 bhp..  every bhp make a little diff in performance.. no offence

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/3/2019 at 11:48 AM, ikenshinn said:

What r u guys pumping for petrol? 95?

Caltex 98

↡ Advertisement

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, OngGuess said:

Recently kaki recd SE advise the i30 last week landed on spore shore.. curious has any one is collecting the cat A i30 (retuned to 128 bhp). Kindly advise as he still yet to recd car plate registration

Patience. I am sure we should be collecting the i30 this week.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/28/2019 at 1:09 AM, Lycanthrope said:

 

Anyone upgrade to 225/45/18 before ?

wrong size for the upgrade.

If the 17 is 225/45/17, it would be 235 35 18 instead.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

18 minutes ago, Sdf4786k said:

wrong size for the upgrade.

If the 17 is 225/45/17, it would be 235 35 18 instead.

The stock 18s come in 225 40 18. So use this for the most "stock" sizing.

Actually there is no right or wrong. As long as the tyre doesn't rub and allows u to turn at full lock. Its alright to be oversized slightly. 

Our speedo is "over rated" slightly. When it shows 90kph it's more like 84-85 mph. Using a slightly larger profile will make your speedo more accurate haha

  • Praise 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/11/2019 at 6:50 PM, OngGuess said:

In NS highway. A car with less 10 bhp can only smell smoke vs the one added with 10 bhp..  every bhp make a little diff in performance.. no offence

Still nothing... depends on your power curve and how you drive...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

three year has passed,this vehicle still look fashionable,and i still like this car..

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

anyone changed to LED headlights? is it costly?

or did anyone change away the pathetic sounding horn?

or anyone did plastidip to the emblem or debadge it?

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Its certainly possible but it will be more expensive than just merely swapping to LED bulbs. U will need to purchase a pair of LED headlamps, INCLUSIVE of a pair of DRLs (dual led model with integrated turn signal). In addition, as the existing harness for the halogen model isnt compatible with the LED headlamps, u will need to do some retrofitting to make it work. Not as simple.

 

Horn is simple... just pick something u like from Bosch, Hella, etc to replace the existing teeny horn.

 

IMG_20190523_155957.jpg

Edited by Dinkydong

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/23/2019 at 2:33 PM, Dinkydong said:

Its certainly possible but it will be more expensive than just merely swapping to LED bulbs. U will need to purchase a pair of LED headlamps, INCLUSIVE of a pair of DRLs (dual led model with integrated turn signal). In addition, as the existing harness for the halogen model isnt compatible with the LED headlamps, u will need to do some retrofitting to make it work. Not as simple.

 

Horn is simple... just pick something u like from Bosch, Hella, etc to replace the existing teeny horn.

 

IMG_20190523_155957.jpg

You post photo cos you changed the headlamps to proper LED ones? Damage?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

May I know what's the effective price of this car now?

Saw that it's $94,999 on it's website but I do believe there will be some form of discount.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/23/2019 at 2:33 PM, Dinkydong said:

Its certainly possible but it will be more expensive than just merely swapping to LED bulbs. U will need to purchase a pair of LED headlamps, INCLUSIVE of a pair of DRLs (dual led model with integrated turn signal). In addition, as the existing harness for the halogen model isnt compatible with the LED headlamps, u will need to do some retrofitting to make it work. Not as simple.

 

Horn is simple... just pick something u like from Bosch, Hella, etc to replace the existing teeny horn.

 

IMG_20190523_155957.jpg

ah ok thanks....sounds like quite a chore and costly to change the lamps.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

hyundai i30.,any kaki dismentled to discover the engine prote, ting underneath cover hav oils stain. flooded almost the, entire plastic pan

Screenshot_20191015-182223_Gallery.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

today fix, new twin horn for 3rd gen i30,. to discover the underneath engine bay . protecting pans full of oils, stain...

20191015_181356.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Rayong said:

hyundai i30.,any kaki dismentled to discover the engine prote, ting underneath cover hav oils stain. flooded almost the, entire plastic pan

Screenshot_20191015-182223_Gallery.jpg

Looks like a bad oil leak. Did you go back servicing before? KMC should have spotted this. 

↡ Advertisement

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×