2017 Hyundai i30

Thecarboy302

I more or less confirmed everything with the se. So now just waiting for next coe. And hope all goes well. 🙂

Now looking thru the forum on what to check when collecting. 

Just got a question after collecting the car, do you guys go do some paint protection thing? Or actually not really necessary? 

Anything that you all advise should do? Except for top up the petrol of course. Lol. 🙂

↡ Advertisement

30 minutes ago, danielphua82 said:

I more or less confirmed everything with the se. So now just waiting for next coe. And hope all goes well. 🙂

Now looking thru the forum on what to check when collecting. 

Just got a question after collecting the car, do you guys go do some paint protection thing? Or actually not really necessary? 

Anything that you all advise should do? Except for top up the petrol of course. Lol. 🙂

Paint protection is a waste of money.  Within a few months you will have a couple of door dents already. 

22 hours ago, RogerNg_185295 said:

Paint protection is a waste of money.  Within a few months you will have a couple of door dents already. 

dents? from? ppl swing the door and bang into it?  

1 hour ago, RogerNg_185295 said:

Cannot be held if you do not live in landed property.Many said part and parcel of car ownership

Sad that ppl are so inconsiderate. When I take other ppl car and open door in the car park, I always put my hand between the neighbouring car just so I don't bang their door... 

1 minute ago, danielphua82 said:

Sad that ppl are so inconsiderate. When I take other ppl car and open door in the car park, I always put my hand between the neighbouring car just so I don't bang their door... 

It depends on luck too.  If stay in hdb,  very difficult to avoid door dents n paint chips.

• Praise 1

25 minutes ago, teomingern said:

The 1.5 L turbo with 160 bhp looks especially juicy... will blow everything else in Singapore out of the water including the Civic 1.5 L turbo...

But most likely it will get detuned to fit into Cat A again. 

Yesterday just got notified by the SE that my COE secured. 🙂  Yeah! 

Now to wait for all the paper work to be done. Thanks everyone for the advice. 

The facelift not in time for me. LOL~ 

• Praise 2

37 minutes ago, Daniu82 said:

Or KMC might order the 1.0L engine with mild hybrid, as 120hp is not far off from the currently detuned 128hp 1.4t engine. 

35 minutes ago, Daniu82 said:

Too much to detune lor... there's a 1.0 L turbo with 120 bhp which will fit the Cat A here... while there's a 1.5 L NA with 110 bhp which could form the base trim..

My feeling is that Komoco will keep the i30 as slightly more premium than the Avante so the turbo engines will be kept for the i30 while the new 1.5 L NA will go to the next generation Avante... we're likely to get the 1.0 L turbo... the 1.5 L turbo probably reserved for the Tucson while the Sonata will probably get the 2.0 L NA with the N-Line for both models getting the 2.5 L turbo - if Komoco will bring in the N-Line...

• Praise 1

Went to see the i30 yesterday at Leng Kee, the test drive was good and this car really feature pack. I don't feel the turbo lag as mentioned by some, maybe I am not so hard footed. 

Is the current i30 the 2020 one? The brochures seems to say it's the new one in 2020, but I see the spyshot and the car yesterday, looks different leh. Hmmm

But the current price point of 90k is comparable to SEAT Leon. But of course the Leon not so feature packed as I30. Which one will you go for?

Edited by Junyanyap
  • Praise 1

12 minutes ago, Junyanyap said:

Went to see the i30 yesterday at Leng Kee, the test drive was good and this car really feature pack. I don't feel the turbo lag as mentioned by some, maybe I am not so hard footed. 

Is the current i30 the 2020 one? The brochures seems to say it's the new one in 2020, but I see the spyshot and the car yesterday, looks different leh. Hmmm

But the current price point of 90k is comparable to SEAT Leon. But of course the Leon not so feature packed as I30. Which one will you go for?

The spy pic one is a facelift model which has yet to be launched. Expect it to be unveiled in March at Geneva Motorshow. When it comes to SG, it could be last quarter of the year or next year maybe.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 2