2017 Hyundai i30

Thecarboy302

1 hour ago, Junyanyap said:

Went to see the i30 yesterday at Leng Kee, the test drive was good and this car really feature pack. I don't feel the turbo lag as mentioned by some, maybe I am not so hard footed. 

Is the current i30 the 2020 one? The brochures seems to say it's the new one in 2020, but I see the spyshot and the car yesterday, looks different leh. Hmmm

But the current price point of 90k is comparable to SEAT Leon. But of course the Leon not so feature packed as I30. Which one will you go for?

The one they have for test drive is the current model. I booked one! Now anxiously waiting for collection. 🙂

Didn't know price go up by so much... 90k... 

I did compare with Leon too. But preferred the looks of i30. 🙂

↡ Advertisement

21 hours ago, savagedp82 said:

The one they have for test drive is the current model. I booked one! Now anxiously waiting for collection. 🙂

Didn't know price go up by so much... 90k... 

I did compare with Leon too. But preferred the looks of i30. 🙂

can share what price you purchase?

6 minutes ago, ferrytales said:

83k for a 1.4t with great tuning potential, worth it! 

Actually the i30 was never on my consideration list because of its previous prices. Until I visited GS to try the Venue and they told me the new pricing of i30. 

And I changed my mind from Venue to i30. Test drive it, was happy with it and decided to go with it instead. 🙂

I hope it was a good decision. 

2 hours ago, savagedp82 said:

Actually the i30 was never on my consideration list because of its previous prices. Until I visited GS to try the Venue and they told me the new pricing of i30. 

And I changed my mind from Venue to i30. Test drive it, was happy with it and decided to go with it instead. 🙂

I hope it was a good decision. 

Ohh. Not from Komoco ah? Because Komoco didn't seem to sell at 83k.. 

Enjoy your new ride!! Share some experience leh. Am also considering this given that it comes with sibei many features. Haha

48 minutes ago, Junyanyap said:

Ohh. Not from Komoco ah? Because Komoco didn't seem to sell at 83k.. 

Enjoy your new ride!! Share some experience leh. Am also considering this given that it comes with sibei many features. Haha

Oh? What price was Komoco pushing it at? cheaper ah? =X 

Sure I will. Hopefully will collect this week or next week. 🙂 

Trying to figure out what I will need as this is going to be my first own car. 

Anyone has advice? 

Other than looking at the "collect new car" to do list, anything else anyone suggest I must do? I have ppl telling me to go and do paint protection. Ppl saying change wheels. LOL~ 

I thinking I will probably use it stock first before even thinking of changing or wrapping anything.

2 hours ago, Heartbreakid said:

Guess sg will just stick to the current downtuned 1.4t engine or maybe the newer 1.0t engine. 

Diesel engine is out and the top spec engine won't make it to sg as usual. Probably get all the new aesthetic changes, that's about it. 

26 minutes ago, ferrytales said:

Guess sg will just stick to the current downtuned 1.4t engine or maybe the newer 1.0t engine. 

Diesel engine is out and the top spec engine won't make it to sg as usual. Probably get all the new aesthetic changes, that's about it. 

I thought the i30 we currently have got all the specs? Just detuned engine only?

• Praise 2

1 hour ago, Spring said:

I thought the i30 we currently have got all the specs? Just detuned engine only?

He's referring to the new 1.5T engine which make 157hp. 👍

Regarding the facelift model, the N line is nice but regular trim is subjective to each person.

The one on the left is the normal trim which KMC will bring in. A bit of sonata in the front face.

AD9F2039-1ABF-4A8D-82D5-E8F97CE369AC.jpeg

4 hours ago, Knoobie said:

Hyundai should leave the design of i30 untouched. Don't let it end up another avante!

I think this facelift improves the i30 front nose looks. The facelifted Avante, Hyundai went overboard with sharp edges and triangles.

(edited)

Hello everyone! I just booked an i30 yesterday. Looking forward to joining this community to learn and share.

I am coming from a 2013 VW Golf Mk7 1.4 that I owned for 7 good years. Have been shopping around for a replacement and the decision was made on the i30 because it offers the most car for the least money! Was impressed with the build quality, equipment level and how similar it drove compared to the Golf. 

And now, the wait begins.

Edited by iamahbee
↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1